Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate tinker its why........
Tinker to me is why 50% of league games are retarded

1st the 95% die 3-4 times in first with 3-4 times(This is considered a good tinker in league haha)
2nd they sometimes make it impossible to share creep money and when they change tank its either to late wrong choice of weapon or just stay tinker -_-
3rd alot of them leave after being punished

This is just view obviously if you got rid of tinker in league we might be getting a few more better games (Everyone knows it the person who is usually 0-5 in 5 minutes are tinkers
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
A more reasonable choice would be, to change the Tinker itself ...
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
I don't like the idea of changing something just because people are not good enough to use it well. Tinker can be quite effective in my opinion, it's just a matter of good control (which common pub player lack a lot).
Imho tinker is the hardest starting tank to play - at least as a good helpfull tinker. But most people play tinker as tower defense - blocking their own teammates (towers are nice blockerTongue) and weaking them by creeping all alone sticking at a tinker without being a help at all or simple feeding.

Tinker is fine but people should stop thinking of it as an easy going tank. A "solution" may be replacing tinker at the main building with pilot and make it only available at special shops?
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
eSVau Wrote:Tinker is fine but people should stop thinking of it as an easy going tank. A "solution" may be replacing tinker at the main building with pilot and make it only available at special shops?
Good idea, let it happen and let noobs figure out how to crack this nut, instead they will pink a tankSmile
TKF Wrote:
eSVau Wrote:Tinker is fine but people should stop thinking of it as an easy going tank. A "solution" may be replacing tinker at the main building with pilot and make it only available at special shops?
Good idea, let it happen and let noobs figure out how to crack this nut, instead they will pink a tankSmile

If someone even doesn't know how to buy a tank from the special shop instead of base shop, what do you think the difference for him of picking a thinker or any other tank?Smile
TKF Wrote:

Hah, I love this ideaSmile

Problem is I think we'll see a lot of players picking Scout first just to move to the other shop instead...
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold
There is worse than tinker :p
Worse than feed on purpose

Its name is Hudazzz

See the replay :p

Attached Files
.w3g   hudazzz pink perfect 0 league.w3g (Size: 1.68 MB / Downloads: 173)
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Prog Wrote:I don't like the idea of changing something just because people are not good enough to use it well. Tinker can be quite effective in my opinion, it's just a matter of good control (which common pub player lack a lot).

So you'd rather have a special mode, that restricts using the Tinker? The problem is, that the tank is free, so it's very tempting to take it first. Additionally the tank is mostly considered a "noob-tank" (not by everyone, I know) and I've yet to see a high-level game where someone uses Tinker.

Imo this are some pretty good reasons to adjust the skillset of this tank. It's not like I plan to change the tank completely or to make it as easy to use as a Helicopter. I just believe there is room for improvement.
Exodus Wrote:So you'd rather have a special mode, that restricts using the Tinker? The problem is, that the tank is free, so it's very tempting to take it first. Additionally the tank is mostly considered a "noob-tank" (not by everyone, I know) and I've yet to see a high-level game where someone uses Tinker.

Imo this are some pretty good reasons to adjust the skillset of this tank. It's not like I plan to change the tank completely or to make it as easy to use as a Helicopter. I just believe there is room for improvement.

I don't know where that restricting idea comes from (not from my post), but I don't like it and never have.

I feel like Tinker is as viable as any other tank, but somehow the believe tinker=noob-tank came into the mind of players and is difficult to get rid of again.
Prog Wrote:I don't know where that restricting idea comes from (not from my post), but I don't like it and never have.
This thread maybe? ;) This is basically what Bennie was saying and it also has been the case in the older versions, but as you know, I also don't like any restricting mode.
Seems like I got confused by your quotation of me, as I thought you directly refered to my post (in which there is no talk about any restriction) and not to Bennie's (in which there is).
it cant hurt to disable tinker with a version or two im sure it would increase the satisfaction of an average user
Everything you guys have said above is true but lets face it alot of skilled bt players can't use tinker effectively therefore a league player whos not 2 familar will have trouble using this tank and often be flamed at leave etc..I just can't see people getting better at tinker.

We all know prog only use tinker in league but keeping it for his sake is poorTongue
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
i got a funny ideaSmile
you need 1600 elo to be able to pick a tinker in a league gameBig Grin
hehe..
i should laugh.. but...
it isn't that bad idea !! Confusedhock:
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
seriously, i really hate people with tinker when they are in my team. Always blocking or just feeding.
Here another replay of an awesome tinker getting all the cash to change for an... HEAVY TANKSmile

Thx machingun, i did a bad game because of your wall.

Attached Files
.w3g   tinker fail.w3g (Size: 2.65 MB / Downloads: 160)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random tinker Izumi 3 3,499 2012-04-09, 00:53:58
Last Post: LoveComesAgain
  Give up on Tinker in League toyboatt 38 34,223 2012-04-07, 10:46:32
Last Post: EarthR
  Tinker tower Tez.Sick 4 4,584 2012-02-10, 20:38:44
Last Post: gozo1985
  get a tinker by pressing "r" stibi- 2 1,883 2010-09-06, 23:40:33
Last Post: AGGInator
  Tinker buff RaptorXI 11 6,479 2010-06-05, 14:14:16
Last Post: AGGInator