Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinker buff
Equiem Wrote:Random tinker will never happen and its totally unbalanced if you start to think about it...

The "pro"-mode became famous with clans, so I was very surprised that the tinker was enabled on League Beta again. But he became a typcial kick victim, since some players stigmatized him as a sucker tank. In the past I knew some players who could play a great tinker, and for example could hold the mid alone or were great support while defeding the base.
I think the tinker is too weak, so here are my suggestions:

1. Increase life for Level 0 from 200 to 203-205: A tinker with 207 hp (Level 1/2) would not die anymore by a single Electro Cannon shot, also he would survive a Level 1 Aritellery shot by a Demolisher if he is near a strategical location.
2. Increse the unit limit from 40 to 50: A tinker tower counts as 8 units, so the unit limit is already reached by building the 5th tower. So no more troops, mortars, techmechs if you build all towers, but the tinker is a supporter tank definitely and needs to operate with those.
3. Add the tinker to the random function if he is not disabled by the game mode.
I don't see how anyone could conclude from
Quote:In the past I knew some players who could play a great tinker, and for example could hold the mid alone or were great support while defeding the base.
that
Quote:I think the tinker is too weak

As i am certain the premise that tinkers can be good is true (from my own experience), I can not agree that tinker is too weak, thus disagree with your suggestions (1) and (2).

(3) is a different thing, still i'd argue against it. Random means having a disadvantage of not being able to choose the tank and get an advantage in additional gold. Tinker in the set of possible random tanks would result in a situation in where you have no disadvantage, but still the advantage, which gives everyone randoming tinker a possible game breaking advantage just because of luck, which is a bad thing in general for competitive play. That's what equiem meant by "totally unbalanced" I guess.
And why has the tinker been removed from all intern games? Because it was too strong???

Don't say now because of the pilot to get easy access to the Frost and above, because you know how to still get your tank.
well... a tinker also has the option to play exploder... as he has a teleport skill... this is part of the reasons why he's been removed from intern games.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Exploder (and explosives) aren't available in btbt, too.
RaptorXI Wrote:And why has the tinker been removed from all intern games? Because it was too strong???

I assume because of the same reason as trader and exploder are disabled in those games: Because some influencial players who don't like the way btanks is played with those tanks banded together and decided to play without those tanks.
I guess the hidden reason is that those players like to play direct player vs player situations in which both fight each other on similar terms. Those banned tanks and things like factories deny their will insofar as they neglect the direct combat. A trader, a tinker, an exploder, factories, etc... play in a way without reacting to the opponents, they claim a certain position and demand all other tanks to play on their terms. Playing against those does not feel like playing someone alike, where the one with better control wins. You could (and probably still can) observe the same behaviour concourning long range weapons. Fortunatly (that's my opinion) no sufficient group of influencial people were found to deny those.
I don't mind about tinker in private game.

Tinker don't need any buff. This tank is really good during the 15 first minute.

I just mind about moron playing tinker as shit, claiming mid for themself, asking other to go lane because they can't creep, feeding as shit, not defending cp.... and many other reasons they think it s legitimate by the fact they play tinker.

Getting tinker as random is unbalanced
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Prog Wrote:(3) is a different thing, still i'd argue against it. Random means having a disadvantage of not being able to choose the tank and get an advantage in additional gold. Tinker in the set of possible random tanks would result in a situation in where you have no disadvantage, but still the advantage, which gives everyone randoming tinker a possible game breaking advantage just because of luck, which is a bad thing in general for competitive play. That's what equiem meant by "totally unbalanced" I guess.

Yepp, this is what I was referring to. I still (well, its not that long ago) think that random tinker is way too good. If you're changing random to include it you might aswell call random something like Wheel of Fortune and write out "Jackpot!" every time someone rolls tinker.
And I'm saying this as someone that is always going random tank, no exceptions.

Prog Wrote:I guess the hidden reason is that those players like to play direct player vs player situations in which both fight each other on similar terms.[..]

I sorta agree with this but the main reason is the extremly common mentality of tinker players being very selfish and just playing as they wish claiming mid.
Honestly, I would rather kick a tinker that is blocking the area around Bob's Guns then someone being afk feeding like a madman.
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold
Prog Wrote:I claim it's bad to lose strategic variety
What are you trying to say by quoting me? Do you see me aproving the ban of tinker/exploder/etc in any way in my last post? It's only an explanation.

pls not tooo muchBig Grin
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buff Goblin Tank UnifiedDoom 19 13,925 2012-07-16, 15:06:23
Last Post: Teo_live
  Random tinker Izumi 3 3,456 2012-04-09, 00:53:58
Last Post: LoveComesAgain
  Give up on Tinker in League toyboatt 38 33,253 2012-04-07, 10:46:32
Last Post: EarthR
  Tinker tower Tez.Sick 4 4,508 2012-02-10, 20:38:44