Poll: Should Battle Tanks be converted as a custom map within DOTA 2?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
8 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revive BattleTanks as custom map in Dota2
(2015-07-25, 19:38:15)RaptorXI Wrote: As long as Dota 2 is popular, of course BT could be a popular game. But the forum team here is inactive (Bennie is the last one who i see taking care about the ban section), so will you be the one who takes the lead?
After following the hype about Starcraft 2 i don't believe anymore that someone will put the effort into re-creating this game for another platform or even make an indepent game.

I would like to say I could spearhead the whole effort and do the bulk of the work, but the reality is that I don't have the experience or skills to pull such a thing off.  I actually have a lot of free time, but if I had the ability to make a new BT game I would probably have a job and therefore no time.  Starting from scratch as I am, I imagine I would need extreme dedication and 6 months or so just to start learning the creation tools well enough to begin making a basic functioning game.  My programming experience is ancient (BASIC in the mid 80s and Turbo Pascal in the early 90s), and I've got zero experience making games.

I understand that this sort of thing is a huge undertaking and that everyone is jaded after the failure of the Starcraft 2 effort ... but at the same time I know that there are people who are putting a lot of time into making custom games using the DOTA 2 tools.  I would rather have some of them focus on a BT remake than perhaps waste their effort on some less compelling concept.

I'm not really into forums (I only joined this forum after I pretty much stopped playing BT, and you can see that I haven't been active here before now), but it occurs to me that  I should be trying to stir the interest of developers active on the Dota 2 forum.  The only problem there is that none of us wants to have some tryhard that is unfamiliar w/ BT to go ahead and make a lousy version of it.  I guess that is why I was hoping a grass-roots effort could begin here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Revive BattleTanks as custom map in Dota2 - by Heretic - 2015-07-29, 07:22:46

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Custom BattleTank Map iregenbogen 1 2,856 2017-06-21, 19:57:09
Last Post: Saiyuki
  Revive BT? saspect 3 4,209 2014-04-14, 23:42:47
Last Post: saspect
  Update the battletanks wiki page please Teo_live 0 1,845 2011-09-16, 16:16:11
Last Post: Teo_live
  Custom mode alternative - No CPTP mode TKF 24 13,938 2009-06-29, 10:28:51
Last Post: Doomhammer112
  Level 5 Creeps/Hero Custom Option GooglyBoogly 2 2,636 2009-03-13, 16:19:57
Last Post: Dr.McNinja