Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Items Ideas
But does all abilities including items being used? Does that include items carried by the hero? What if the items are dropped, use cooldown reset and pick them up again? Still reset? Does the UnitResetCooldown function also affect when you not carry the items and pick them up afterwards? If so then this idea wouldn't work.

Else only 1 solution then. A condition: All items in your in inventory must have no cooldown/reload when you can use this item. Item itself can avoid cooldown reset.
We all know that leavers break the balance of the game that way or this way... Giving gold to other players dont work. Either it makes too advantegeous (in early game) or worth nothing (late game).
Why dont you make a balance system like in Castle Fight game?
Some command like " -balance " in 2 min after start will enable bots to play for left players. Bot will take control...
I think it isnt impossible. And I rather a bot to a noob or leaver always. At least dont feed enemy and goes to take CP...
Trolololo
but bots dont know how to play with tinkers for example and could not do anything with mines, troop command, teleporter, smoke generator etc, they would have to sell all those
what about an item that blocks a single targeted spell in your tank every xx seconds? there is an item like this in original warcraft tft, i just forgot its name... but i couldimage that this item (stats ofc got to be balanced) is a nice option to buy.

example: an enemy got feeded and got the heavy tank very early, making him able to kill you with a single rocket. atm, you only have these options: avoid this tank (bad solution, considering the long range), buying a hull or buying a better tank, which may force you to buy the lightning tank or shredder for example, screwing your tacitc plans.

ofc, this item could only be possible if the phoenix fire ability doesnt trigger it :roll:
i think it isnt a good idea, because at the beginning you would perhaps pay 1k-2k for it, but later the abilities deal much more damage and 1k would be too cheap for such an item
You mean amulet of spell shield? It blocks negative effects of spells, but I don't know if it's stops spell clones like thunder bolt or damage kinds. I'm not totally sure how it works either, cuz I haven't experimented with this item much.
yes, i meant the amulet of spell shield.

i think taht for example 2k for that item (with its cooldown balanced) would be okay, since the spell get stronger in time, but your hitpoints also do.

if you dont think that could be balanced, maybe include it into an expansive pack (ultimate pack?). maybe you would not get to see when the cooldown is ready since the cooldown of the UP indicates the teleport ability, but this was okay i think. perhaps i could be possible to include the cooldown timer into the tooltip of the UP when you carry it in your inventory.

dunno, jsut a suggestion :wink:
I see that there is a item suggestion activity. I also want to suggest some items ideas too!

Items:

Electronic Disruptor (3000)

Cooldown: 50 sec
Ability: Disable enemy Tanks abilities for 5 seconds within a certain radius (450 AOE). Weapons (and Tank Cannon) is not disabled. This would be useful against a strong tanks, cuz their strong abilities is disabled.

Engine Jammer (2500)

Cooldown: 50 sec
Ability: Slows selected enemy tank with 30% for 5 seconds. Useful for catching up with an enemy tank.

Control Point Portal Generator (4500)

Cooldown: 60 sec
MP cost: 25
Ability: Control Point Teleport like ability that works anywhere. Has same casting time as Control Point teleport ability. Allows the tank to teleport to any friendly control point from anywhere on the battle field without need of being close to a friendly CP. This allows you to defend you control points remotely. Also doesn't cost you gold either. Can come in handy for the trader as well.

Tech Pack (10000)

Cooldown: Separate cooldown.
Ability: Portal Generator, Engine Jammer and Electronic Disruptor ability one pack. When you click on the item, a dummy inventory is selected with the 3 abilities/items. In this way each ability has a separate cooldown. I haven't thought about scripting on this part yet...

Power Generator (2500)

Ability: Increases the mana regen by 1.
Upgrade: Cost 2500. Does increase the mana regen by additional 1 point. (Permanent solution is also possible)

_________
-Electronic Disruptor : I dont know if this can be done sepreately from weapons. Because they are counted as ability too...

-Engine Jammer : I would preffer "web" item. It stops instead of slowing %. That i dont even use web... Maybe 2-3 sec stun would be better.

-Control Point Portal Generator : I cant imagine how it would change the game if everyone tp to cps anytime-anywhere...

-Tech Pack : It can be done with a basic "spell book" item. If you ask me, i would only buy CPPG and dont waste money and time for other items to combine this. (it will take at least 1 or 2 second more to open this book and cast a spell on it)

-Power Generator: Is this item or use up? If item, too bad. If use up, good. Maybe only 2k is enough (only once).
Trolololo
Electronic Disruptor

if its possible like you described, this could be a really nice item.

Engine Jammer

2500 (and an item slot) for 30% slowing on cast is much money. hmm dunno.

Control Point Portal Generator

please, no. it takes so long until control points are captured anyway (with skilled players on each side). this item would just make games last longer and would support defensive play.

Tech Pack

hmm, the inventory dummy action sounds sophisticated. indeed, it takes more time to cast a spell, and this could be vulnarable to bugs. also, i dont like every item in it :wink:

Power Generator

nice idea, but mana isnt a that valuable resource. if i got 3 active spells and a teleporter, one (rarely two) mana battery(-ies) is enough most of the time. 2500 (5000??) gold would be more than 6 (12) mana batteries. if implemeted, 250 (500) gold could be more realistic i think :roll:
Electronic Distruptor
Well about the disruptor, its a tactical equipment which disables active abilities for a short time. The tank wouldn't be able to use his abilities, but his item weapons and passive abilities are still working. Using the silence ability as basis; it's no problem for separating weapons from active usage of abilities such as tank rocket, chain lighting, Hail of rockets, plasma rain, Energy Bomb ect... for example.

I find this item suggestion quite useful since it is a good way to delay/disable strong tank abilities. A light tank with much weapons is always a difficult strategy, even you got hull. Going heavy tank with 1 weapon often is the best strategy. This item is designed for being special item for stopping big expensive tanks heavy abilities as well as light tanks nimble and weak abilities. Thus less effective against a light tank with hull and some weapons, since you "only" disable his weak abilities. Big tanks does rely more on their tank abilities for getting kills than the weaker ones.

This item should be a effective strategy against strong tanks.

Engine Jammer
About the way of slowing enemies, only frost tank has the slowing aura ingame, and you also have demon tanks banish ability which also slows. Since stun is normal for all abilities, I though adding a slow item would be more fun.

Control Point Portal Generator

Well you are already quite flexible with the teleport item. Also this item does have a high cooldown and also does cost 4500, which is a expensive strategy and defensive. Maybe this item would be to imba? But teleporter item is cheaper and more flexible than this suggestion (but also limited range). But maybe you guys have a point on this.

Tech Pack
Just an idea to combine active usage item into a single pack. I think spellbook usage would be fun too, but it has share cooldown. Would be fun to teleport, repair and hide with 1 itemTongue. But I don't know the mappers view on this. Thus an idea of separating cooldowns is also meantioned.

Power Generator
Just a suggestion more a possibility for increasing mp regen, since there is nothing in battle tanks which does increase mp regen in any ways. Maybe mappers have a certain policy on not increasing mp regen in anyways? I don't know.

_________

Post Fuse
_________

Stealth Field (1500-2500)

Makes your presence on the minimap invisible for other players. Making you able to do a surprise attack. (I'm not sure this is doable with jass)

Artillery Command (8000)

Calls 6 artillery strikes at designated area. Artillery shells have a 4 seconds delay until they hit the area with about 0.25 sec interval between each shell impact. (The artillery shells fall from the sky and hit the ground) Each shell do 800 dmg + 5% of each attack level. Cast range is 2000. (Perhaps artillery firing sounds when using the item)

Special Module Kit (2000)
Tinkers favourite item :mrgreen:

Different than the tinkers tower modules. Can also be used on tinker towers. Normal Tanks can buy this module kit and use them on towers as well. Has a spellbook selection like the tinker modules.

Defense Module: Gives 40% dmg reduction from player weapons.
Missile Module: Gives the structure a rocket defense module with 0.5 cooldown missiles. Missiles has 1000 range and does 60 dmg each.
Orbital Module: Fires 6 orbital strikes within the range of the tower. The module must be actively used! 50s cooldown.
Speed Module: Increases the towers attack speed with 35%
Mana Module: Provides a minor mana heal to nearby tanks with 2 mp pr sec. Does stack with other mana modules.

Jet Engine (1500-2000)
For Air Only

Does make aircraft extremely accelerates forward in their direction with a distance of 1600. During start, incoming projectile will miss, but not during flight. If a tank fires a tank shot at you, you use the item, then turbo speed, it will miss. (Works like turbo boost, but no damage)

Maybe this item can be combined with turbo speed just for air as a pack? (Turbo Speed Jet Engine, allows speed of 500?)
No comments? I think the jet engine item was a decent suggestion for the air tanks.
Stealth Field 1500-2500?! I think it should cost like 10-15k.
Make me happy by the ze.
It doesn't make the tank invisible, just on the minimap.

It's a trigger here which makes a units invisible on minimap: AMHS

The trigger is called shadow cloak. NewGen is required. I'm not so skilled with jass, so I don't know how to extract the code.
Oh rly? I understand you. On minimap. Right. It should cost more than 10k gold. Its imba.
Make me happy by the ze.
That item isn't worth 10k, smoke gen is way better.

This could be a active use item, where it only lasts for 10 seconds.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ideas for faster games ckibibi 5 4,647 2014-02-04, 20:48:43
Last Post: eSVau
  Incentive ideas to buy better tanks in game ckibibi 13 10,324 2014-01-30, 21:46:30
Last Post: griffin1987
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,279 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
Information 2 new consumable speed items Flygplan 0 2,231 2013-12-13, 14:15:15
Last Post: Flygplan
  My proposed changes to BTanks items Flygplan 0 2,622 2013-11-06, 13:38:07
Last Post: Flygplan