Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next version of Btanks: Make more insane bots!
Dear Exodus,
In my opinion the bots of btanks version 8.76c should be improved. I think older versions had better bots.
I agree, they should be improved. I don't think, that they were better before, but they got some issues and are easy to predict, when playing for a while against them.

Over the last few years, there has been put quite some work into an improved AI. This new AI is still disabled, since there are still a lot of things to improve. Regardless of that, the new AI is already able to completely destroy the old one, but when playing against humans, it does not perform that well.

My problem is, that I don't have that much time currently to work on the map itself (even the next beta is taking ages for me ...) and the AI has not that much priority for most of the players. So I can't tell you, when the new AI is going live, but rest assured, it is being worked on ;) (occasionally)
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
(2012-09-20, 09:11:06)Exodus Wrote: I agree, they should be improved. I don't think, that they were better before, but they got some issues and are easy to predict, when playing for a while against them.

Over the last few years, there has been put quite some work into an improved AI. This new AI is still disabled, since there are still a lot of things to improve. Regardless of that, the new AI is already able to completely destroy the old one, but when playing against humans, it does not perform that well.

My problem is, that I don't have that much time currently to work on the map itself (even the next beta is taking ages for me ...) and the AI has not that much priority for most of the players. So I can't tell you, when the new AI is going live, but rest assured, it is being worked onWink (occasionally)

Thank you Exodus. I really aprreciate it and I understand.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTanks for non-germans plz psycodiver 2 3,621 2014-01-03, 12:35:17
Last Post: Althend
  My proposed changes to BTanks items Flygplan 0 2,527 2013-11-06, 13:38:07
Last Post: Flygplan
  Make alternatives to midgame must have items ssl 4 3,804 2012-07-01, 20:50:07
Last Post: Teo_live
  Make Bombs weaker Sassspect 7 5,616 2012-05-05, 22:43:09
Last Post: LoveComesAgain
  Make CPs Capturable ONLY IN ORDER scron2 3 3,235 2012-03-11, 01:03:33
Last Post: BENNIE.FM