Poll: Should the Mine Defuser have the same (boosted) AOE of the Defuse Pack?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
60.00%
6 60.00%
No
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improve the Mine Defuser
Note that this discussion centers around the mine defuser item - it costs $2250 and allows you to defuse mines.

This is NOT the defuse pack, which also provides hp and radar, just the defuser component.

Since the defuse pack has had a buff recently, mainly that the AOE has been increased, I would suggest that the AOE in the defuser is set to the new, larger defuse pack AOE.

The defuse pack is still useful for conserving space (and the bonus hp), but would no longer provide a larger AOE than the defuser component alone.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Doesnt the Remote Fuse item only cost 1250? Having a mine defuser already pretty much negates mines. I dont want an outright nerfing of defuser but i dont think it should be made better, and definitely not have a bigger aoe. I do however like the idea of different AOE for the two (possibly more) forms of defuser. But something that i think would be important is the aoe of dection, there are many things that can detect and only the tinkers module has a multiple ranges for detection.

I would say, reduce the aoe of radar detection and make it more expensive to upgrade the aoe, because having more aoe increases the total area of detection by a lot.

Against skilled players (who have defuser) while using mines, its practically over for me to continue mining. Once he sees mines, he will warn allies and so the chances of killing his non-detection allies is very low. When you go later into the game, you need more than a single huge mine to kill an enemy but having bigger aoe completely ruins this because you know you should spread mines out.
๏̮๏
Yes you are correct Mc.Ninja, the cost of the Remote fuse is 1250. (I was erroneously including the cost of the radar, since it's not very useful without one).

In the late game most players defusing mines would be using the defuse pack anyway to conserve item space and for the additional hp.
I am not suggesting an increase in the AOE of the defuse pack, only increasing the remote fuse to match the defuse pack.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Improve the older tanks abilities and effects? TKF 3 2,503 2009-08-28, 21:16:13
Last Post: TKF
  Improve heavy tanks ultimate speed Gammagulp 7 3,768 2009-06-15, 17:05:14
Last Post: Gammagulp
  Improve AI rany 6 2,679 2009-02-15, 22:12:18
Last Post: horselance
  Mine detonater kit ideas the truth 17 7,284 2009-01-23, 08:57:53
Last Post: GooglyBoogly