Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring the exploder back
Now that there is a mode to keep people from buying explosives, how about you let everyone be able to buy the exploder tank, because without explosive pack he is just a normal tank.

The reason for this is because with the exploder tank you have a free Tp and smoke, that makes it a good combat tank if used well.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
Anyway. The exploder is very weak as the tinker, so i see no good reason to be a exploder with weapons.
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
Aah, but the exploder tank has an exploding ability- it would need to be disabled to preserve the true 'no explosives' mode.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
man, you gotta be kidding me. you want a tank called "exploder" to be purchasable in no explosives mode? i'd rather see the exploder get balanced and getting rid of the no exploder mode.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Exploder as a combat tank is a... gag tactic.

Play in exploder enabled games? problem solved
๏̮๏
qweqqweq Wrote:man, you gotta be kidding me. you want a tank called "exploder" to be purchasable in no explosives mode? i'd rather see the exploder get balanced and getting rid of the no exploder mode.
Just like me, anyone who's got suggestions to improve the Exploder or exploding in general, to make it an equaly fair and fun style of play, go ahead and suggest! ;)
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
I really dont see exploder ever being a balance game strategy compared to normal tanks, and it may well be technically impossible to 'balance' it.. Right now to me, its a means to an end. (mobile nuke/bomb)

As for exploder abilities... maybe introduce a tank with smoke skill? something like a spiritual successor of ghost tank, in the way heavy tank is to light tank. "Stealth tank" would be a very basic concept (i wouldnt want to see a stealth-based tank, but i like the name)
๏̮๏
Exodus Wrote:Just like me, anyone who's got suggestions to improve the Exploder or exploding in general, to make it an equaly fair and fun style of play, go ahead and suggest!Wink

Well put my telebeaker-pack in, that will be a first good step to balance exploder ;-)
for further informations look at my thread with the same name "telebeaker-pack "
lol exploder owns.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Exodus Wrote:
qweqqweq Wrote:man, you gotta be kidding me. you want a tank called "exploder" to be purchasable in no explosives mode? i'd rather see the exploder get balanced and getting rid of the no exploder mode.
Just like me, anyone who's got suggestions to improve the Exploder or exploding in general, to make it an equaly fair and fun style of play, go ahead and suggest!Wink

i think exploder's reconstruct, which is a totally awesome and is true to the exploders character, is way too much left to chance. it's soooooo powerful and yet soooooooooooo left to chance that it's just begging to make or break games retardedly. also, the way it can control point teleport and then stun and explode is overpowered in a lot of cases. it requires a bit of luck but no skill. it should require at least some skill. i like all the exploder's abilities but it relies too much on luck. it's more geared towards suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper imbaness in teams which have more players.

having other tanks that can use explosives in explosives mode is really original and provides many awesome possiblities. but at the same time it also makes defense toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo strong. and it also is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to strong of a tactic if you have more players in my opinion.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
yea quickie is right i have not seen exploder in ages now so long.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
how will u go exploder in a 3k normal mode and be good if u coul´nt buy explosive? oO
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
Well if this suggestion goes through, its still essentially no exploder mode so you cant explode. So what you are saying is redundant. Tom-aces suggestion is for the exploder tank and not the exploder profession to be disabled.

Exploder would still have the explode skill, though weak, shouldnt be in. So enabling just the exploder tank is too technically difficult for the gain.

Going exploder can be useful in order to keep noobs in the game; one game i was just feeding off them and it seemed like they would leave due to them not having any competant players, so I went exploder and they stayed Smile
๏̮๏
Ok here is a suggestion, how about you remove the exploder skill and in it's place put a tp breaker/detector combo, as well change the exloders name to something else.

You could use smoke to get close to the enemy to plant a Tb/detector and use your tp to get to safety.

levels for the tb/detector
1 range 900
2 1000
3 1100
4 1200
5 1300
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
i still agree....
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
How about give exploder a skill that reduces it's bounty? Sort of like the opposite of the Hunter's skill.
Bhangbhangduc Wrote:How about give exploder a skill that reduces it's bounty? Sort of like the opposite of the Hunter's skill.
hmm i think this skill is called reconstruction...
i think there is not really a big diffrence in this skills.
with recon you got a chance of x% to give no bounty, with yor skill your bounty is reduced by x%. there is the same imbaness in the skill in my opinion
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
of course I like the ideas already suggested as possibilities but I have a couple suggestions as well. I suggest just two things to balance exploder:

1. removing the option to put explosives on tanks other than tinker and exploder.

2. somehow rework reconstruct. I love reconstruct. I think it's a great idea and an awesome ability. But at the same time I just think it's too much based on luck at present.

Why not do something like fix the chance to reconstruct to your kill/death ratio so that the better ratio you have the greater percent chance you have to reconstruct? that way you can formulate a plan of sabotaging an enemy exploder's kill death ratio early on to weaken them later.

there's a million ways to re-work reconstruct and i'm not sure if my suggestion would be any good but i'd hate to see such a cool ability go away. I just think such a powerful and imbalanced in some cases ability should be less based on total complete random luck. I'll bet some one else could come up with a better suggestion.
Better suggestion:
Give it 100% chance to Resurrect, but have a high cooldown - like reincarnate. Cooldown drops as you put in more levels - maxes out at say, 60 secs?
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
What about the same ability - % ressurect but only working when exploder casts the spell, maybe channeling, in order to activate the ability. Then it will require skill, timing etc for it to be most effective, while still essentially the same skill.
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  remove leaver penalty & giveup / change kick back griffin1987 21 17,938 2014-01-24, 12:20:12
Last Post: Exodus
  Exploder tank Max 7 6,615 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985
  kick system/exploder Helge_F 2 2,549 2011-05-06, 18:53:15
Last Post: TKF
  Exploder Erwin_Rommel 16 8,096 2011-01-25, 18:18:05
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Get exploder back into metagame. Erwin_Rommel 13 6,126 2010-05-25, 01:49:48
Last Post: jonjon