Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You should be able to tell computer allies what lane to take
One thing that is annoying about playing with computer allies (due to leavers or whatever) is that you might only have 3-4 players on a team so barely enough for each of the lanes. You see that the computer takes one lane (say bottom) so your team then goes the other lanes. Then after a while when the computer dies or gets new items or whatever, it might decide to take a different lane. At this point, your team has to change lanes until the computer decides to switch lanes again. This can get annoying.

I think that there should be a command, that any player on a team can type, to tell their computer ally what lane to take. For example, -bot 4 top would tell the computer player 4 to take the top lane or -bot 1 default would make computer player 1 to act normally as it does now.
+1
Trolololo
+1
+1

-Ayeshia-
+1

i agree but the problem with this would be boundaries. how wide should the lane boundaries be, and should the computer be allowed to break the rules at anytime?

on a similar note, do the computers watch the health of allied tanks? it would be nice to see them help protect a low health ally that is close by and under attack. any good player will help be a meat shield for friendly tanks near death, even if they themselves are low health. two tanks at 25% health have much more survivability than one at 50% health.
-1 i honestly don't care about the ai. i'd much rather see other things added or improved.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
-1 Seems like a bad idea to me, Battle tanks is all about fluid gameplay. Having strict restriction on where tanks should be allowed to go - even if AI, hinders their effectiveness.

Would be much more useful if the AI would let you know whenever it decided to change lanes.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
+5 to vote poll.

Completely agree with Oogly, noobs can do a lot worse than ai... I would like to see some kind of 'team notification system' from ai, currently pings and chat is the only way for a human player to do this. Maybe allow bots to submit chat lines? Pings could work but are less noticeable and last a very short time. Simple chat lines like:

- [Allies] The Pwnerer [AI]: Taking mid CP..
- [Allies] The Pwnerer [AI]: Going top..

With just taking cp and going lane message, theres only 6 to write. Multiple ai saying messages at the same time wouldnt be a problem because games shouldnt have a lot of ai and at most its 4 = 4 ai messages at the same time. Build in a timer between ai's messages to prevent spam.

In the end, the gain would be minor.
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remove tree from bot lane. Garbage 2 3,681 2017-06-06, 12:01:04
Last Post: Saiyuki
  Lane trees and mass converter Max 4 4,836 2013-02-05, 23:01:51
Last Post: Perfektionist
  Suggestion: Option to buy computer allies the truth 9 4,186 2009-01-20, 21:10:14
Last Post: SCorpA1