Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GET ASSIST FOR HELPING KILL
after playing battle tanks and dota i feel that battle tanks should have assist gold for each player that helped with a kill. Maybe a new map would be nice since it gets old playing the same one.
I support that idea, mainly because its so easy to "accidently" steal someone's kill with the auto attack of weapons sometimes. That said im not sure if we really need to give gold to the assitors or just need to add an assist coloumn to the scoreboard and a new end game Title for most assists.

Either way would be nice to see this addition even if it means taking an idea from dota.
I don't really get the point why people are allways so concentrated on kills, stats and gold from kills, it just makes no difference at all who gets the kill and the money, as long as the players are not too differently skilled.
It is not possible due to attack of weapons cannot be detected. In dota you can calculate damages done to player so you can calculate if some1 assisted while other killed.
But in BT there is no chance of it.
Trolololo
WRONG!?

You can detect EVERY sort of dealed damage...
I think an assist mode is a good idea. And the assister gain only 10% of the gold or something...

cedi
I think this would be difficult to implement and would not actually improve the game.

How do you prevent leechers from 'assisting' by doing 1 damage? What about people who do no damage but contribute by stunning or slowing or whatever?
You can store the dealed damage by each unit, so you can see when a tank dealed aroun 1 damage. They can make, that you only gain gold, when you done atleast 25% of the damage or something.

cedi
I agree with KS not being that big a deal, and assists being unnecessary. The amount it adds to the game is not worth the effort required, which exo could use for more important things... or not.

Since i find accidental ks to be somewhat common, thats just part of btanks. DELIBERATE ks (well kill-steal should mean deliberate) is not nice and does happen, not enough to worry me though. What about when someone finishes off an 'escaped' tank with a hit or spell?
For the sake of this thread, i suggest a system where a vote can be initiated against the kser that the kser himself cannot vote in. The vote could transfer some or all of the gold to the rightful owner, transfer score, or just 'mark' the player as a kser within the game. It could simply add "Killstealer" to the kser's name for X minutes or the whole game. To get the vote to work it would equal votes on both sides which can stop abuse of "ks gold transferring" as a form of gold sharing. A lot of problems could arise from this..

Suggestion #2: Why not for every kill, the player can give 'points' to allies, which doesnt affect gameplay at all? It would be a score based entirely on the players with the end effect of the best players gaining the most points. Ideally, players will give points for good teamwork/help. Either way, it would be a nice addition for more serious players or in clan/ih games. In pubs the scores dont work as welll with noobs, but this is more of a 'fun' feature that can show off better players and DOWNPLAY the ksers. The kser should recieve less points. The scoreboard could include another column or display it when clicking on the tank or by typing a command -scores.

As for the actual allocation of points... well this ones a little hard.
- command : can be annoying for slow typers and unknown to noobs
- building at base that transfers points
- a unit or 'object' that you click on and activate skill to send the player a point, eg. you click on red's object and click on 'send point' to send red a point

The point counter could display whenever new points are acquired for a brief time, then be shown through a command. Each kill could give the player 2 points to give to teammates, or to save. I dont know what would be the benefits of saving, to stop players from giving points away. Perhaps.... im stuck on this one someone help me out. IF the fun points system works, people *could* start to play better and be less of dicks simply so they can be praised for being a good player WHICH can be done in many ways like access to 'fancy' tools or effects. OK now im thinking of SHOPPING maul, how with xp (this system is nothing like xp) allowing you to access commands such as the one that changes colours of all towers.. You could give the tank really fancy auras that do nothing. I would love to be flying around with cool awesoms showing my general awesomeness.. lol..
PIdeas for rewards for points:
+ Change the colour/tint of the tank or make it pure XX colour, eg, pure black
+ Add fancy auras that denote awesomeness of the tank
+ Change size of the tank (but not the selection size). Size changes will be small but enough to be obvious and noticeable
+ Change the effects of tank cannon
+ Change effects of teleport (perhaps a marking on the ground? where you land
+ Give the tank a 'trail' of fire or some shit, something really sick looking

Imagine a really small, pure-black helicopter with a big trail of flames on the back, which has a gigantic vampiric aura around it? Even the colour changing thing alone would be sufficient reward.

Final word:
I dunno, i think a rigid formula for 'assisting' is just too far.. I thought of suggestion #2 right before i was going to post, its really a seperate idea but ill just leave it here. Perhaps less emphasis can be placed on tweaking gameplay and improving the actual game, and MORE on 'fun' and fancy things, cosmetic things that can give players something to look forward to other than pwning noobs/being pwned by noobs.
Please do talk about it if you like it, remember, i have no expectations of exo and so dont expect him to read any of this at WORST. Sure he will read some stuff, maybe implement something but meanwhile this is just forum for talking about.. ideas. I just think of ideas because its fun... I was going to bed but now i feel like playing btanks.. nice one forum.

To MOD: should discussion on this idea (#2) be here or would it be a better idea for it to be in its own thread? Can i make a new thread about it? not copy-pasted but reworded.
๏̮๏
Dont kill me for double post. But there arent many people around to even read this =.=...

ABOUT [MY] FUN :D
I personally think of fun usually ahead of strategy and winning... although they *mostly* come hand-in-hand. Theres another thread/post about 'challenges' such as winnning in under 15mins etc but i find 'personal' challenges more fun..

So i have a particular preoccupation with certain colours (after playing wc3 for years and years) which are in BT: purple, grey, light blue, orange in that order. When i commonly go purple with some friends online, i decided to try using purple only weapons. Ive tried it about 7 times now, it is pretty fun. Other possibilities which im trying are blue, orange/red, green and grey. There are 6 purple weapons and 13 blue weapons. Red/orange is the easiest because i have used orange only weapons often as part of a normal build. No fun there. Also the rule is you have to be that colour (tank).

PURPLE (my fav): Basic magic shoots *green* so i dont use it. Magic cannon is AWESOME look at the 'explosion' of the projectile, its massive. VERY purple. And strong. Ghosts of doom is also a good choice after 1 or 2 magic cannons, it is basically a faster firing magic cannon due to similar damage and same range. Very good noob-pwnerer (done about 3 times).

GREEN is painful to play, i found it not as fun after 30mins in. Maybe because i almost never use energy torpedos, the cheapest green weapon. I got 9999 cannon a few times but i had clearly lost the game... or maybe i did win but got pwned too many times. So green is harder. Note: i forgot green has poison magic, lol..

Blue i have tried twice. Both won, but the first time i sucked really bad but won. One game i was heli and had bought bombs at some point despite them only having 2 ground tanks. It was really just so i could kill fido1 in a scout. And i did. Muhahaha. Otherwise the build failed. Plasma waves, bombs, thors hammer, forgot.

I havent tried grey at all and red/orange isnt much fun.

Basically try to avoid stronger or commonly used weapons and go for weapons you hardly use... unless you find it boring. I also like it when the item colours match too, for green i saved for ulti pack and got adv troop command. Hull colour is an exception. Well you can make exceptions on anythingBig Grin

GLHF
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  show dmg% from each tank after a kill instead of just assists unpredictable_m 0 1,563 2012-06-15, 04:44:29
Last Post: unpredictable_m
  Kill the creep!!! UUuuraahh ooow.. ooow sound AeroniumX 2 2,856 2012-04-04, 12:19:03
Last Post: applecheese
  kill bounty splitts to the team ? Helge_F 7 5,813 2011-05-16, 10:07:39
Last Post: AGGInator
  GET ASSIST FOR HELPING TO KILL SOMEONE mechbot9971 12 6,355 2011-03-27, 01:12:06
Last Post: mechbot9971
  Add Kill assist system? TKF 7 4,628 2011-02-13, 23:44:06
Last Post: scron2