Poll: Have a mode where the host can disable purchase of explosives ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes why?
75.00%
15 75.00%
No why?
25.00%
5 25.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EXPLOSIVES LAST ATTEMPT HAVE NO PURCHASE OF EXPLOSIVE MODE !
hi even when you disable tinker and exploder there are still numerous and more effective ways of exploding eg anti grav scout titian i think there should be a mode when the purchase of it is disabled as a game mode take a thought leave vote and a comment.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Source for this quote is here. It's a little less than halfway down the page, in case you want to look for it.

Exodus Wrote:Ok, you now have a mode, which disables every item except weapons. This is the closest thing you will get to a No Explosive mode. I won't make a seperate mode for each item you want to disable.

This has been suggested more times than people have asked why the AI's can get Frost Robot without armor (no offense to anyone who has), and I've agreed every time. Unfortunately, it seems Exo disagrees. So unless he changes his mind, I don't think this is gonna happen.
You may notice that some of my posts are somewhat disconnected in their ideas and don't really flow that well. That's because my mind drifts around like a jellyfish in a strong ocean current. You just lost the game.
qweqqweq Wrote:I just hate them. I can't stand exploder, or explosives. I think they are both very annoying. I'll repeat that for you, they are annoying. I'll say it again, they are annoying. And one more last time for you in case you missed it still, I THINK EXPLOSIVES AND EXPLODER ARE REALLY ANNOYING.

i think that says allBig Grin
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
COMON more peopl vote !!!
i agree that explosives are quite dum and anoying but exodus had a point. we can't make a million modes next liek no magic wepons, no abilitys, no tp like the list could go on forever. only wepons is a good idea.
<<<<<< you don't show your dedication by dying for it >>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<< you show it by living, prooving it to others >>>>>>>>>>
Sorry i think your wrong the only weapons mode i have played once and i have seen any host choose this mode before or never seen a friend play this mode i believe if the mode i am trying to promote was made would be very popular with serious gamers who are sick of explosions*
I think so too. We don´t need a mode for every item. Just for explosives.
comon exo consider it Big Grin
exo, exo, exo!!
I think I agree with Exodus's thoughts on trying to maintain a balanced game, or rather fixing unbalanced issues rather than work arounds for them. I don't think the solution to something that annoys you is removing it completely. Currently with explosives there are several things that you can do to stop them from being effective. Breakers stop teleporters, nets can stop a tank in its tracks, and honestly if you let the person with explosives get right next to you, then you are going to die. If you are using all extremely short ranged weapons then it sounds like explosives might be a counter to your playing style.
omg -_- u missed the whole point son
exactly..
No I dont think so. I think Exodus has said that he is not going to make a game mode like that and people keep asking for it. I simply stated my opinion in the current thread
LOL -_- Did you see how i said no 1 and i mean 1 plays only weapon mode its kinda pointless air it to good its air pollution secondly why don't u take away a mode that no 1 plays and add a mode that people will play thats what im trying to say btw did u read all of the above aswell??think about it
Its not 'removing' something that annoys you.. its giving the option to. And as bennie said, no explosIVES IS much more popular than no weapon modes (by like, infinity).

Removing tinker and exploder from a game still allows for very effective exploding, recently i saw someone use antigrav, which is nothing new but he also got teleporter early, so he teleporting/jumping in with MASS STUN. That stun and his ulti when he gets it is pretty damn annoying and makes for a possibly more effective exploder, where the exploder had no disable, the antigrav has 2.

Basically, -no exploder mode FAILS. No one really plays -weapons only. ???. ???.

And its not like, we will keep asking for individual items to be disabled as a mode.. no, the explosives is the only item that causes [massive] annoyance and frustration.
I think if enough people get anoying by the explosIVES, one day the *option* to fix the problem will be available.. Up to exo ofc..
๏̮๏
atlest level lock explosives? like lvl 6 or something. So no noobs just get it, and then go feed at the start. Aint that something exo?
Suit up!
@HK416

Great idea!
๏̮๏
i'd like this compromise, at least noob exploder will stop feeding.
This won't stop the noobs feeding... Just delays a bit... Half of them would forget to upgrade the explosives or would haven't got enough gold for it... So he stays with an explosive which can't even kill an enemy tank on his own. In the beginning at least he can kill almost any beginner tank.
And yes, it's annoying for you to die from explosives, and ruin your fun. On the other hand, it's fun for him. It's the same, when you're better and pwn him again and again with normal weapons. You ruin his fun for your own. It's the same no matter how someone kill. The one killing has fun and the one dieing hasn't.
I can understand fun, but why would you go exploder in -no exploder mode? host chooses that to disable exploder. I guess the best counter is to host your own games.. or use a hostbot, so that you can warn people not to use explosives.
And putting no exploder/explosives in game name isnt really practical, ive seen a few games use -ne but for a while i didnt know what it was. -nightelf?
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,255 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 8,607 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846
  Promote a new mode for fun! Smell.No.Evil 1 2,280 2012-04-01, 22:59:46
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Free mode bot. progg 10 8,084 2011-11-18, 11:03:24
Last Post: RikonVan
  Request new mode: Hardcore Btanks :D / how to increase teamplay Althend 6 10,140 2011-06-28, 05:41:32
Last Post: UnifiedDoom