Poll: How would you rate the explosives?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1. I think explosives are great! I love them. I go to sleep and I dream about exploding. Don't ever change them pelase!!!
7.69%
1 7.69%
2. They are so cool!!
7.69%
1 7.69%
3. Not too shabby. I really like them!
7.69%
1 7.69%
4. They are ok.
38.46%
5 38.46%
5. I don't care either way. They are just alright.
15.38%
2 15.38%
6. I don't like them
7.69%
1 7.69%
7. I hate them!
0%
0 0%
8. I really fucking hate them!!
0%
0 0%
9. I can't stand them they are so damn annoying. I wish they would just get rid of them!!!
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Likeability of explosives
When I first started playing battle tanks I thought the exloder was really cool. The ingenious method of putting explosives in other tanks really was very exciting to me! Big Grin

Now however, I have to be honest, I just hate them. I can't stand exploder, or explosives. I think they are both very annoying. I'll repeat that for you, they are annoying. I'll say it again, they are annoying. And one more last time for you in case you missed it still, I THINK EXPLOSIVES AND EXPLODER ARE REALLY ANNOYING. Sorry, I don't want to be rude and flame the mappers but can you kind of see where i'm coming from? Sad

I'm thinking there really should be a no exploder AND explosives mode or else some other sort of change is needed. In real war, yes, a guy can kamikaze himself with explosives and do a lot of damage and it's hard to defend against that sort of thing... but still, it's not like a god damned sherman tank was ever filled with dynamite, was fighting like a normal tank one minute and then suddenly it was catapulted into an allied troop encampment to explode was it? That's basically what's going on very effectively with exploding scouts, hellies, anti-gravs, goblin tanks, infernals, titans, etc... It's just so hard to defend and/or attack against every different exploding option and at the same time fight against real tanks that i've just grown sick of it.

I might be okay with just having exploder if no other tank except exploder, tinker, or trader could buy the explosives or some kind of similiar change possibly.

I'm just curious where everyone else stands on this issue?
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
I don't think they're that bad, and even though they do get annoying a couple well placed teleport breakers will put an end to the exploders reign of terror. Most of the time people who go exploder just end up feeding, since anyone who knows what they're doing knows to stay spread out to avoid giving him multiple kills.

qweqqweq Wrote:I might be okay with just having exploder if no other tank except exploder, tinker, or trader could buy the explosives or some kind of similiar change possibly.
I'm split on this issue; I've seen people whose entire job for a team is to guard the control points, though not often. Sometimes they buy explosives in addition to weapons so if they're killed while defending, the enemy can't capture the control point. Still, big tanks with explosives are REALLY annoying, so I can't make up my mind on what to do with that idea.
You may notice that some of my posts are somewhat disconnected in their ideas and don't really flow that well. That's because my mind drifts around like a jellyfish in a strong ocean current. You just lost the game.
Recently, I got a tinker player with explosives, who changed to exploder later on. In the end he got 40:40 Stats and got 3 factories spawning troops and even made 1or 2 upgrades. Very interesting was, that he was nearly 50% killed by force, that means no extreme feeding. I seldom see good exploders, but at this day I saw the second time an exploder not feeding very much and help attacking and defending CP´s - very rare yes, but possible.
The enemies were not high skilled, but good enough to know what exploder means.

If you dont like exploder/tinker exploder gaming let the host set "no tinker" and "no exploder" mode. Other tanks with explosives could be countered somehow so it is playable then.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
I told myself I wasn't going to post in this again after i made this thread but oh wells.

gammagulp, the way that guy you described used exploder is, in my opinion, the best way to use exploder. It sounds close to the way I play exploder. People who play exploder like that are not annoying in the slightest to me.

However, what usually happens in my 3k games:

1. (this is always games i'm not hosting because I always disable tinker, exploder, and trader): A player starts as a tinker. he gets teleport ability first and buys explosives. Then he feeds 20 to 30 times, teamkills a few times, and steals his teamate's kills a few times. Then he does something dumb like sell all his items and upgrade creep attack for his team with all his gold. Then he says something like, "this game is so gay!" Then he quits.

or

2. a player who is aware of the uselessness of exploder vs teleport breakers is getting the shit kicked out of him so he sells some or all of his items to buy explosives. then he gets either a scout, antigrav, flying tank, goblin tank, infernal, or titan or whatever and annoys the shit out of me and my whole team the rest of the game untill finally he looses.

I really want to play against some one who says explosives are "easy to counter" and i'll bet you would get really pissed off! If I slapped some explosives on a goblin tank around 40 minutes into a game I'll bet there's not many players out there who would be able to beat me. And if I didn't win I'll bet I could extend the game time to at least 2 hours and piss you off so bad you would want to tie me up naked, force me to have sex with a 800 pount fat man, then use a cheese grader to take all my skin off, then give me a bath in lemon juice, and let fire ants eat me to death. Fortunately I'm not gay so i would never do that to anyone.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Explosives are supposed to be annoying to whoever you use them on

Don't want to be annoyed? How about we get rid of the sky tank's ult as well then? And long range, they can be annoying. Er, short range is annoying too. How about no teleporting? See where this goes?
It sounds more that you are annoyed at people who play with explosives badly, rather than the way explosives play in general.

If you really mustn't have explosives there is a no-item mode.

I too find people who use explosives badly annoying as well, but the same goes for the use of any tank or strategy, if they suck I find it annoying. Bad explosive players are just more obvoius about it, as they 'have' to die in order to work, and thus tend to be the worst feeders.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
i am not much for the exploders myself. they never truly make the turning point in a game and since if your skilled enough to not let them get multikills then they just get anoying. you farm then get the kill off the exploder but at the same time reset your respawn time. they never end up savign gold to become a real tank or anything like that.
and i agree with one of qweq early comments that they often think it just sounds cool but end up sucking at using exploder.

btw best counter against a talented exploder is either a quick teleport or a ht with its 2k ranged rocket you can get them well they wait at cp.
<<<<<< you don't show your dedication by dying for it >>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<< you show it by living, prooving it to others >>>>>>>>>>
xxxLeviathanxxx Wrote:they never truly make the turning point in a game and since if your skilled enough to not let them get multikills then they just get anoying.

They can very easily make a turning point in the game, by buying three spawning factories and troop upgrades they can swamp your base and make it very hard to defend. And if they're getting multikills that just brings the factories up all the faster.

xxxLeviathanxxx Wrote:btw best counter against a talented exploder is either a quick teleport or a ht with its 2k ranged rocket you can get them well they wait at cp.

Any experienced exploder would be paying attention enough to not die to a heavy tank rocket, and if you teleport to them odds are you'll be in the middle of enemy territory and you'll be killed by the exploders teammates; either that or the exploder will see you moving towards him before you teleport and he'll jump into your territory to kill someone else before he dies.
You may notice that some of my posts are somewhat disconnected in their ideas and don't really flow that well. That's because my mind drifts around like a jellyfish in a strong ocean current. You just lost the game.
Bobguydude
Any experienced exploder would be paying attention enough to not die to a heavy tank rocket, and if you teleport to them odds are you'll be in the middle of enemy territory and you'll be killed by the exploders teammates; either that or the exploder will see you moving towards him before you teleport and he'll jump into your territory to kill someone else before he dies.

i agree but i didn;t mean telport to attack i meant teleport to get away and most experienced players as you said do not use the exploder. plus i also believe as i said before that if you keep your distance they will not get multikills making you get just as much gold as they do.
<<<<<< you don't show your dedication by dying for it >>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<< you show it by living, prooving it to others >>>>>>>>>>
Ah, I guess I misinterpreted what you said. Oh well, it happens; yeah, a teleport away is a very effective way to deal with them, but they do have the emp shockwave which can quickly stun you for several seconds, making it hard to get away if you're not expecting them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nuclear explosives VuDu 4 2,243 2009-11-07, 23:03:45
Last Post: GooglyBoogly
  EXPLOSIVES LAST ATTEMPT HAVE NO PURCHASE OF EXPLOSIVE MODE ! BENNIE.FM 23 10,181 2009-02-12, 23:37:07
Last Post: GooglyBoogly
  No Exploder -> No Explosives ChronicStoned 20 7,938 2008-12-24, 17:40:23
Last Post: SirJoghurt