Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
factories upgrade
Factories now have been changed from 3.5k gold to 2.5 gold and armour lvl 2, the upgrade to spawn creeps cost 1k gold. according to my calculations that 3.5k gold. why is it that now the upgraded factory doesnt heal u but spawns creeps, if u want to downgrade it to healer again the cash doesnt get refunded to u. the upgrade should be a req; lvl 4 armour and spawns and heals u, not one or the other.
its because factories were too strong.
factories arent that strong. get one at a non spawning interval and u can destroy it quick smart. or just buy siege urself and destroy it in one sitting. im more concerned in regards to the upgrading of the factory and down grading of the factory why u dont get cash back and why it costs the same as a factory that heals and spawns, plus the lvl 2 armour issue.
It is free marketSmile
They are 3500 for spawn and 2500 for healer. If you want a healer factory then you pay 2500, if you want a creep factory, then you pay an extra 1000...

If you want to convert your factory back to healer, than you can downgrade (instead of selling it for 1750 and buying new for 2500, you are 750 better). It is not a mod that you convert to each other that can be bought for 1000 gold...
Trolololo
maybe to switch after initial changes is less then 1k..

example

upgarde, 1k
switch back no charge
switch back 300 (or free like some hero / creep weapons)

my 2 cents, over all i love it...keep up good work
yesterday i played tinker with the new troopcommand and the new factories many times

i like the new factory style,
you can buy the factory 10min earlier and upgrade it later
i used 2 spawn factories and 1 heal factory it worked pretty good.
they got destroyed in lategame because i put them near enemy base to early
and because they now only cost 2500 i was able to replace them easily
horselance Wrote:It is free marketSmile
They are 3500 for spawn and 2500 for healer. If you want a healer factory then you pay 2500, if you want a creep factory, then you pay an extra 1000...

If you want to convert your factory back to healer, than you can downgrade (instead of selling it for 1750 and buying new for 2500, you are 750 better). It is not a mod that you convert to each other that can be bought for 1000 gold...

your selling example does not hold, as the factory would need to be repacked before it could be sold (does it still cost the same 500$ to repack?)
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
nono.
i assumed them repacked already.

if there were 2 different factories, healer and spawner, one costing 2500 and one costing 3500, if you had 3 factories, 1 healer and 2 spawner, you now rush to enemy and want 2 healer and 1 spawner... you should repack 1 spawner and sell it (1750 + repack cost). But now it cost you only repack cost.
This means downgrade is advantageus. Also upgrading is 750 advantageous than selling and buying etc...
Trolololo
Personally I prefered the old factories, makes them too easy to get but at the same time the no healing thing doesn't make any sense. Perhaps the upgrade could be permanent, require higher armor lvl and still heal ur tanks and the non-spawning factory become cheaper (ex. 1.5 - 2 K).

Question - how does the limit work on factories now? Is it still max 3 factories or max 3 spawning factories or what?
It's mentioned in the tooltip. Both, the normal and the spawning factory count towards the limit. You still can't get more than three factories.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Oh, so that's how it works. Thanks for explaining that.

Maybe it should be 3 spawning factories and unlimited healing factories? I can understand the limitation on spawning factories (i.e. you dont want a zillion creeps), but what is the reasoning behind limiting healing factories?
Because healing effects stacks. And absorbs damage. If you build 4-5 factories in a place it would be impossible to attack there. (ex after 1.5 hours you get enough gold for that) And making them 1.5 - 2k is too lame.
Trolololo
"If you build 4-5 factories in a place it would be impossible to attack there."

Well that isn't quite true as you can attack and slowly destroy the factories or bomb them (and there is a higher risk with having more factories).

It just seems to me that it is much harder to seige now that the factories have been changed (it means you either have less troops to hide behind or have to go all the way back to a cp to heal).

How about only allowing factories within a certain radius of each other (say 1K). Then you wouldn't have a problem of healing effects stacking.
horselance Wrote:Because healing effects stacks. And absorbs damage. If you build 4-5 factories in a place it would be impossible to attack there. (ex after 1.5 hours you get enough gold for that) And making them 1.5 - 2k is too lame.
Bunching factories (which are weak) is a sitting duck in my eyes. Teleport there while they're attacking your base and use a bomb...
A pro team never attacks a base 5 at a time. Always leaves 1 or 2 to protect factories. And uses tp breakers. And Bombs 80% of time fails...
Trolololo
OMFG!!! I just played a high bounty game in azeroth yesterday where token had 9 factories spawning units in his base!!!! :o 6 force and 3 of his own. I'm pissed that i forgot to ask him if he knew how he did this and also i forgot to save the game or the screenshot i took. Sad
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add Weapon Upgrade requirements to the top 10 highest tier weapons Vitriol 11 10,966 2013-04-25, 18:47:42
Last Post: RaptorXI
  HP Battery and Ultimate Tanks upgrade progg 2 3,006 2011-12-22, 20:56:15
Last Post: progg
  Change factories griffin1987 3 3,568 2011-08-24, 13:06:37
Last Post: Prog
  Double the force upgrade gold/rate in HB mode benben10 12 7,644 2010-11-29, 20:19:48
Last Post: ssl
  Battery Upgrade Improvement T4M.Avatar 21 8,131 2010-05-05, 23:00:18
Last Post: muhaha96