Poll: Do you think something should be done to make defusing more attractive?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
88.89%
8 88.89%
No
11.11%
1 11.11%
I don't know yet...
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buff up the rare defusing tactic?
I think defusing is, quite bad business

Also, if your enemy buy huge mines, defuser kit is really worth it, but if your opponent only have normal mines, it's barely worth it. No one buys defuser against 4 demolisher teams which put mines, you sacrifice 2250 gold on that, while the only thing demolishers would fear is losing their mines.... Also people hesitates to buy defusers against demolishers and 2500 mines. Also I don't see much defuse action to be honest, when people buy defuse kits, the mines usually have killed to much....

I still think remote fuse is too expensive as a single item. Maybe 1k? Or maybe buff defusers ability?

So I have 7 suggestions to make defusing more actual. Some of them may sound crazy. Enough with 1 of them....
  • Increase radar range from 750 to 800
  • Consumable defuse drones for 250, 1 charge. They have 1.6k hp + def upgrades, they react on mines as if they were a tank.
  • Reduce defuser to 1k
  • Makes mines in the area of 250 where you tries to defuse visible for 3 sec (revealing only the very closest mines or 1 heavy or huge). So you easier hit the very closest mines next time, so the sweeping tactic becomes a better business, if you only have defuser.
  • Remove rune/defense skill to the scout and give it a defuse ability? Cooldowns 70/50/35/25/15, AOE defusal: 75 + 25 pr level (Fits with the tower skill)
  • Make guards root ulti act as a mega defuse too?
  • Add a small bounty on mines being defused. Gives 80 gold + standard increase over time. Same bounty for all mines.
Try using the mine defuser more offensively. I try to sweep visually and see where the mines are then when an enemy is standing on it I detonate the mines on them. If they're packed tight enough you can get a kill... but really you just want to wound so you can sweep in and get the kill. Otherwise it counts as a tk.

If you want to make that tactic more attractive then you should increase the radius of the detonation and/or increase the range of the radar and/or add a slow (stun would be imba imho).
Excellent idea, maybe allowing instant ownership change of the mines you defuse to the owner of the defuser user. So you may get the kill for using minedefuser effectively against enemies. Then it's much more tempting to even use defuser against demolishers and make them get killed by their own mines while you get the gold. Jum jum... defuse enemy mines to get creep killsBig Grin

Also this reduced damage against your team by half, also if the enemy did put mines near your buildings, defusing it will halve the damage, which make defusing tactic more tempting to use.

hmmm.... maybe too good?
Yes I used the tactic as trader before ^^, the enemy got a defuse kit + radar, but i bought all mines. Because of the cooldown he could not defuse all and ended up the whole game by defusing mines Big Grin . And in the end I placed all 3 mines arround enemy base factories, even if they killed me the enemy activate or efused the mines and blowed up their own buildings :mrgreen:

The cooldown could be too high yes, or the area is too short, but the idea to change ownership short before explosion is cool as well.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Even with such dramatic chance I will never buy defuse pack against demolisher players, cuz it cost more than the demolisher itself!!! And I don't find it very useful. I find iron and steel hull far more superior defusers, since it also make you stronger from weapons. You can always heal.
Well, the usual tactic is buying a hull to prevent getting killed, or staying behind and wait for money for a big tank and then starting to defuse the mines with enough HP. But I hope we dont need to discuss that the defuse kit is maybe wasted money against demolisher :mrgreen:
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
maybe add defuse to some tank?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buff Goblin Tank UnifiedDoom 19 13,925 2012-07-16, 15:06:23
Last Post: Teo_live
  Tinker buff RaptorXI 11 6,237 2010-06-05, 14:14:16
Last Post: AGGInator
  Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow Gammagulp 65 35,408 2009-05-03, 22:52:13
Last Post: Tynkywinky