Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loading screen
I think we should use Cdek's avatar for the loading screen! Big Grin
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
spongebob ftw xD
No Support via PM!!
Actually my Avatar wasn't inspired by Spongebob but by the FSM possibly.
@ psycho_drm: Hmm, abgesehen einmal davon, dass ich nich soviel Erfahrung im Webdesign habe, ist mir das Gestalten einer website denke ich zu zeitaufwendig...
"Mehr, mehr! Leuchte, alter Mond, leuchte!", schrie der kleine Häwelmann.
i'm actually serious about using his avatar. i was just thinking it could be really funny to use his avatar on the next few versions and have it be kind of an inside joke. whenever some one comments on how crazy it is and how it has nothing to do with the map, we could all just say, well, "i think the heavy tank in the left eye is really well drawn." or, "wow, that demon tank looks great huh?"

i can imagine everyone's reaction to that as being: :?: :?: :?: that would be pretty funny to me. it'd be worth the extra load times just to f with people for a bit. it could be a very well orchestrated joke that could boost the map's cult following possibly.

the actual loading screens he did are really amazing. i especaially like single explosion graffics to the right of the light tank. i don't think a light tank should be shown though. i think if anything it should be a heavy tank. or a frost robot, (my favorite). definately not a heli though. i hate heli's.

having some trees in the background would remind me too much of the current dota load screen. why not, if anything, put in the background a river, the train station, a lazer tower, or probably best would be a simple control point. maybe?

i think light tank on the left with the single explosion on the right, as it was origionally done, was actually 100 x's better than the current load screen though. and one thing i'm sure of is that it would be hell'a nice to have as much text ast the map makers deem necessary wherever they want instead of having to try and cram it all into the normal load screen text space.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
qweqqweq Wrote:i'm actually serious about using his avatar. i was just thinking it could be really funny to use his avatar on the next few versions and have it be kind of an inside joke. whenever some one comments on how crazy it is and how it has nothing to do with the map, we could all just say, well, "i think the heavy tank in the left eye is really well drawn." or, "wow, that demon tank looks great huh?"

i can imagine everyone's reaction to that as being: :?: :?: :?: that would be pretty funny to me. it'd be worth the extra load times just to f with people for a bit. it could be a very well orchestrated joke that could boost the map's cult following possibly.

Oh. I love you. Smile I think also the nice idea is to make BattleTanks loading screen the same with Dota. Just Dota loanding screen but on BT map. Kitten or puppy would be nice too.
Make me happy by the ze.
Ok. I finished my drawing and now I am free. I can start drawing a BT loading screenSmile
Also opened an off-topic for finished portraitSmile :

http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1330
Trolololo
Nice picture horselance.
I thought about your idea and edited a blizzard loading screen and two little textures. I created a loading screen only 239 KB big.
I think it's not very good yet but it's small...
->Fleischwurst
"Mehr, mehr! Leuchte, alter Mond, leuchte!", schrie der kleine Häwelmann.
hmm i dont really like that. we shouldnt implemet a leading screen just because it has a low filesize.

either a good screen with acceptable filesize (i'd accept any filesize btw), or no custom loading screen. my opinion.
i agree with der satan. that loading screen blows chunks.
Dont worry! I have a great idea of a scene that will fit for BT. Really great scene that cant be rejectedSmile I will start drawing next week because I dont have my tablet here. I cant predict any filesize though.
Trolololo
Well, you can make a sketch or something and show it to us. That way we can give you feedback on your idea, without you wasting all your time for nothingWink
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Of course Exo. I wont draw it up before you like.
Trolololo
Hi guys.
I was fixing my recent portrait. So i could find some time yesterday for loading screen at all.
Finished portrait of cameron >> http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1330Smile

Yesterday I created a sketch.
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5235/...347xs7.jpg

This is not a drawing but only to show you my idea. In fact I started from top to draw and that is why it looks so plain upper part.
Idea is :
We look from inside of a tank. And in the console, there are specific tank buttons that i'll be drawing. First i thought it could be a Zeppelin Console but it also can be HT too. I took a screenshot from BT and it is as high as a zeppelin flight.

When i draw and import it to map as 1024*768, filesize is 1.6mbSmile Because TGA files have no compression. But it can be changed to BLP and can be imported to existing loading screen, so a same sized BLP will be at most 200kb.

This was the first option. If you think 200kb is too much it can be reduced to half size but quality will be half too. ~60kb with low quality. ~200kb with high quality.

Second option is to do what Cdek did that i told him to do. Replacing the existing Banner with a new image. This will be a 256*256 pixel picture and size will be ~25kb with high quality. There can be only 1 tank picture at all.

Now my sketch dont look so good at all because i copy-pasted a low size picture to it. When i draw, it will be in high quality and contrast. But i will take that cockpit as basis. I will change it to a zeppelin cockpitSmile
In the scene there will be two tanks fighting. I couldnt cosider which tanks they will be but i think of a HT and a Helli. (dont make strategical assumption:)
Also i will extend the tanks to more realistic looking. But their shape will be nearly same. Atmosphere will be same as it looks in now but it will look more realistic at all. (Even the goblin trader:)
If you dont like the concept, I can change it to other thing.

And I cant give you a sketch of my drawing because it is out of my working style. I attached files to show how i work. I work partial.

And thanks for reading this long post and looking all pictures I sent:)

Attached Files Image(s)

Trolololo
Hehe, ok I'll postWink

Well, I like it. Although the cockpit is too much imo. It takes about half of the picture and doesn't show us anything of special interest. Reduce it to about half of the size, so it takes only one quarter of the screen and it should be ok.
So...

Resolution 512x512
Format: tga 24bit -> blp with alpha channel (FullScreen.blp)
Filesize: 275kb or less (I dunno what exo wants)

So what's filesize would you want exo?
If there is a vote .... I would be crazy enough to vote - "yes" take this avatar for one version ^^
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
I'm not sure. Depends on the picture I guess. The better the picture, the bigger it can beWink
But I think 150 kb is a good value, just like for tanks.
Honor the history!

[Image: 180px-Char_St_Chamond_tank.jpg]

[Image: 180px-Char2C_Berry.jpg]

Click for full image @ wikipedia

This would be real cool loading screenBig Grin

@ DerSatan below: I hope you are not speaking to me with your post, because I did none of the drawings in my post.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
i really like that concept. continue your great work!
Exodus Wrote:I'm not sure. Depends on the picture I guess. The better the picture, the bigger it can beWink
But I think 150 kb is a good value, just like for tanks.
I use 225kb in my map, cuz the loading screen was TOOO crappy in 125kb, just a note. Maybe if picture look good in 150kb, but ugly loading screen either is good for the map either.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Btank Clans in Loading Screen? LIoOoOoIL 11 7,722 2011-02-23, 19:22:09
Last Post: TKF
  Load Screen Tom-Ace 18 9,423 2010-05-18, 10:44:55
Last Post: GooglyBoogly
  End Screen Summary wait time too long Battlemaniac 4 3,448 2010-02-24, 22:03:55
Last Post: Lezowski
  Map loading features dlancelot 18 11,475 2009-01-15, 11:21:07
Last Post: GooglyBoogly