Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleporter + Low Range Weapons
Here we can discuss a solution to this problem I think.
Trolololo
i would like to have a second stun added after a teleport.
Teleport breaker is always a good solution for hyperspace abusers. But without a Teleporter, How will low range weapons will be used?

IMO Air Tanks must have to be faster than Ground Tanks. Their Max Speed can be 500 (too much i think) Instead of 450 or Ground Tanks' Max Speed must be 420 And Air to 475. So Air Tanks can easily run away from Melee Weapons. Which can be a counter tactic vs Melee Fighters.
So Speed pack will give +120 Speed and all Ground Tanks except Scout will have a max speed of 420.
Zeplin and Sky Tank will get a speed bonus of 35 instead of 30. Will make their max speed to 475.

Because after stun, Air Tanks Have no advantage of speed or flying because they got same speed with Ground Tanks. This can make an advantage for them.

And Tanks with longer Stuns can have a speed lower. So this balance them. (A Demon Tank has the best speed of Ground Tanks and has the Best stun in game, None can escape or chase it anyway.... This is not logical, It can use melee weapons easily this way..."

Infernal Chaos Teleport and must be countered with a TP breaker so it cannot teleport so freely anywhere it wants. And also it can teleport in enemy base too. This must be removed too. Even Antigrav cannot Jump in enemy base, why can Infernal do?...

I can suggest those for now. Waiting feedback...
Trolololo
May I suggest a slight reduction of teleport range, as it has long reach. Maybe to 3000? (I think 2200 was too much nerf) The tinker and exploder can still have their 3500 range at lv5 teleport, as it cost 50 mana, and not 25.
No offense but this is just a public game problem. Teleporters with short weapons cannot siege well, need to run into the enemy on open field fights, DOMINATE CP fights... Medium range (the 1kers)... dominate the open field fights with lots of creeps, can use teleport breakers to completely dominate short range teleporters... can siege MUCH better. Long range... well fuck they're annoying... but yeah... teleporters can make these long range people cry hard...

The problem is that pub games usually have the 'fed dude'. With short range and teleport... you feel like there is nothing you can do about it... Try being all 5 players on ur team together... Also, don't tell me he's on a demontank and you have that roflolcopter with a steal hull... Also, don't tell me you have 3 guys with energy torpedoes and rocket halls...

Finally, have 1 of your guys just grabbing a poison or flamer or even a laser not upgraded... The close range that 'jumps' into your group of 5 will get decimated by this 1 shortrange weapon and the amount of long ranges you have. If he doesn't jump in... he's uselessly staying in the back with the rest of his team while you guys simply outdps them with your mid range weapons... BTW, we do use short range weapons often... specially if the game is having a lot of aggressive CP fights... Am just saying it really isn't an issue... Specially since a short range boy with teleporter needs to invest 3k in teleport, 3k in speed... if you're mid range... you can do it with just the speed and put the other 3k in weapons :p
NoobStrike Wrote:No offense but this is just a public game problem. Teleporters with short weapons cannot siege well, need to run into the enemy on open field fights, DOMINATE CP fights... Medium range (the 1kers)... dominate the open field fights with lots of creeps, can use teleport breakers to completely dominate short range teleporters... can siege MUCH better. Long range... well fuck they're annoying... but yeah... teleporters can make these long range people cry hard...

The problem is that pub games usually have the 'fed dude'. With short range and teleport... you feel like there is nothing you can do about it... Try being all 5 players on ur team together... Also, don't tell me he's on a demontank and you have that roflolcopter with a steal hull... Also, don't tell me you have 3 guys with energy torpedoes and rocket halls...

Finally, have 1 of your guys just grabbing a poison or flamer or even a laser not upgraded... The close range that 'jumps' into your group of 5 will get decimated by this 1 shortrange weapon and the amount of long ranges you have. If he doesn't jump in... he's uselessly staying in the back with the rest of his team while you guys simply outdps them with your mid range weapons... BTW, we do use short range weapons often... specially if the game is having a lot of aggressive CP fights... Am just saying it really isn't an issue... Specially since a short range boy with teleporter needs to invest 3k in teleport, 3k in speed... if you're mid range... you can do it with just the speed and put the other 3k in weapons :p

I dont understand what u want to say us oO :roll:
When u want to play BT come Channel Clan BuG or Clan BuG2Smile We are waiting for good games !

Moreover visit us on http://www.clanbug.kilu.deSmile

[Image: paint1bw2.jpg]
That teleport + short range is not an issue at all in this game.
Teleporter + short range is ok as it is now, I don't see why there should be anything changed. Nerfing the porter would make the game quite boring by denying possible moves. But upgraded speed might become a bit cheaper in my opinion.
@ Noob Strike
Why the hell that guy is jumping in a place 5 enemies together? And lets say he is John Rambo, the other 4 guys will be sweeping your base while you kick Rambo's ass... Pfffff.

@Prog
Trying to make more tactics to replace only one. Jump+Stun+Kickass...
Trolololo
Teleporter is more than just Jump+Stun+Kickass...
Prog Wrote:Teleporter is more than just Jump+Stun+Kickass...

It is also Kickass, stun and jump away :p
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Indeed, teleporter is also a getaway maneuver.

If there was no teleporter, 1300 range flyers would be WAY too much agile to be countered effectively. Teleporting close is about the only way a dedicated long-range player can be defeated. And to those who thinks such a build is weak have never met a 5xRocket hail sky tank with max speed.

How can we hunt traders effectively if teleport got nerfed in range (assuming there are no air tanks in team)?

All in all, teleporter is fine as it is. The problem posed here is if close-range oriented tanks are too powerful later on.

It think it's more of a mind game than a disbalance. If someone is getting powerful on close range weapons, then buy more HP or close range weapons to counter him off. Or just find ways to not get caugth near them alone. There are quite a few. Played well, it is very possible to gain an unsurmountable advantage with 1k range weapons over 600 range ones. If you shave off 50% of his energy before he can get close, then you most assuredly win (unless he is WAY more powerful than you, money wise).

And TP breakers always work like charms if used well, and that includes close combat tanks.
I dont meant teleporter is imba, I say long stuns are imba...
Trolololo
Generally I support horselance's idea to make ground units slower. Make air units' max speed 475(and roflcopter should also receive 35/lvl speed bonus) and lower Speed Pack bonus to 120. Also make 0.3-0.5 sec stun when teleported(stack with tele-breaker if so).
Do not lower range or increase cooldown on tele.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
horselance Wrote:I dont meant teleporter is imba, I say long stuns are imba...
Go ahead... shorten my stun... I'll throw a net on you and be even more dependent on short range as I have fewer slots.
I don't see what the problem here is, teleporter + short range weapons is an extremely dangerous and risky strategy, which takes alot of skill to perfect. It is easy to begin feeding the enemy and getting alot of close calls. They are also easily counter, with a breaker, or a teleporter of your own. Map awareness really helps too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teleport out of range RikonVan 9 8,067 2013-09-06, 08:21:54
Last Post: RikonVan
  Weapons not used (often) gozo1985 37 26,745 2013-07-04, 13:28:05
Last Post: 091846
  Weapons difference (shot per second) gozo1985 1 2,323 2011-10-28, 23:23:22
Last Post: usman111
  wow btank(need more weapons ) 091846 5 4,214 2010-09-21, 01:46:33
Last Post: Althend
  how many idiots will complain about new weapons? qweqqweq 2 2,289 2009-04-10, 14:59:01
Last Post: Exodus