Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleport out of range
A cp is being captured and you want to Teleport.
Problem: you dort See the range of the Teleport and you have to guess. What happens is, the Teleport wont Work when you are out of range, but your tank stops dead. This will cost you precious time. It would be nice if my tank would go into the Teleport circle and Teleport as soon as possible or at least dont stop. On the other hand, if you want to Teleport while the tank is moving, he shouldnt go outside the circle either.
If you dont see the urgency, trink about yourself rushing to the cp and you already want to see whats expecting you so you cant have eyes on your tank. If you now want to Teleport, you will notice with much delay that your tank wasnt quite in range and it definitely will be too late. Thanks for reading!Smile
Sorry my personal opinion is that this is a skill of bt timing to teleportSmile.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
(2013-09-02, 14:09:33)BENNIE.FM Wrote: Sorry my personal opinion is that this is a skill of bt timing to teleportSmile.

Agreed.
(2013-09-02, 15:32:35)Prog Wrote:
(2013-09-02, 14:09:33)BENNIE.FM Wrote: Sorry my personal opinion is that this is a skill of bt timing to teleportSmile.

Agreed.

Agreed as well, but I also agree that it's annoying that there is a delay regarding the "You need to be next to a control point to ..." message. Don't know if it can be fixed though.
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
You can click on the minimap to do a cp teleport (easier to see where your tank is exactly at). Still i like the idea of making it easier since i've lost some control points because of those misclicks.
My solution to this problem: Right click near the CP you go to, then Shift click with CPTP, to issue this command to the command queue. This makes you port instantly after arriving at the position you clicked before. Found this to be really reliable. Also in general, I use command queueing quite often in BT. Another example is for selling multiple items: When issuing the commands while you move to the shop, you can instantly sell multiple ones and be right back to battle.
(2013-09-03, 00:15:03)ssl Wrote: My solution to this problem: Right click near the CP you go to, then Shift click with CPTP, to issue this command to the command queue. This makes you port instantly after arriving at the position you clicked before. Found this to be really reliable. Also in general, I use command queueing quite often in BT. Another example is for selling multiple items: When issuing the commands while you move to the shop, you can instantly sell multiple ones and be right back to battle.

Yea this is used in many games of wc3 like in legion with targeting with the king etc,it is quite useful.Maybe if your having trouble teleporting rikovan or don't know the area that well just go offline and try a few times.

I still like the pressure of teleport correctly the way it is.In a close game when the countdown starts and approaching your cp.
Thanks for the great replies! And i will try the command queue tip from sslSmile
(2013-09-04, 10:54:21)RikonVan Wrote: Thanks for the great replies! And i will try the command queue tip from sslSmile

I enjoy playing with you actually what server are you on mate?Im assuming europe
YepSmile Gonna play one right now^^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teleport Beacon Perfektionist 7 6,135 2012-10-30, 14:13:54
Last Post: Dr.xD
  Teleport time RikonVan 4 3,809 2012-06-01, 17:50:00
Last Post: El_Polacco
  Balancing teleport costs RikonVan 13 8,683 2011-11-29, 00:17:42
Last Post: progg
  Teleport Beacon ssl 36 14,518 2011-04-03, 22:34:41