Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Bounty & 1300 Range Weapons
Hi everyone,

I don't know if a lot of you have observed this trend, but I have almost unconditionally. Almost all players that get a 1300 range weapon early game, and especially if they continue to get 1300 range weapons, end up mid to late game, getting completely overrun.

I was in the school of thought of doing something to fix this, perhaps increasing the damage, slightly, of 1300 range weapons. Or perhaps adding a style of 1300 range weapon that fires really quickly.

However, one observation I've made since the addition of high bounty is that 1300 range weapons are actually useful early game. Since you get so much more money from kills, it often proves useful to spec ET's and after grabbing 2-3 and upgrading a tank, selling them when you need more firepower.

In normal games, I don't think it hardly ever pays off.

Your thoughts?
* It's just a gameplay thing that long range is good in early and gets worse, becouse of teleporter & stuns in later game. I think this won't get changed and you'll have to live with it and adept.

* Game is balanced in normal mode, not in high bounty. Some Strats might be stronger there (they actually are, that's why I personally don't like hb), but changing anything would destroy the normal balance.
Once I played as scout in -hb mode. I won with a gold hull, 2 hail rockets, 2 acid cannons and 1 photon bomb. Everything upgraded except photon bombs. But it was against random players who had lower dps than me, despite the 1300 range weapons. Long range weapons might be deadly in -hb mode, but less effective in normal games.
Different context, different strategies it seems.
As I stated before I love high bounty but it's really easy to cheese with creep only weapons you get severely overpowered because you can last hit more etc. The same is true with norm games but the duration is shorter so less time for you to make mistakes. Regardless all the against good players have been overwhelmingly NoTrader normal bounty.
I also saw some guys play really good with long range in hb, but the problem is only, that you can overrun your enemy easy if there is just more than a slight "skill" difference between the players.
I saw games, where longrange even in hb, get unuseful after enough time
And I saw games where a mate in my team was really good with 3 rocket hail and scout - he just farmed, but maybe he couldnt fight 2 guys at the same time without my low range and much hp support.

Its just the problem that the difference between bad and normal, normal and good, good and pro gamer increase really fast.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new bounty and spree system Wupti 15 14,256 2014-06-12, 05:45:00
Last Post: GodStrongArms
  Teleport out of range RikonVan 9 8,062 2013-09-06, 08:21:54
Last Post: RikonVan
  Weapons not used (often) gozo1985 37 26,733 2013-07-04, 13:28:05
Last Post: 091846
  Weapons difference (shot per second) gozo1985 1 2,323 2011-10-28, 23:23:22
Last Post: usman111