Poll: Do you think the Respawn Time should be replaced with APM? (Hero Stat: Agility/Beweglichkeit)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
19.05%
4 19.05%
No
80.95%
17 80.95%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[pls vote] Change Respawn Time to APM? (Hero Stats)
I was hoping to suggest this before 8.47, but...

As you probably know:

Strength = Bounty
Agility = Respawn time
Intelligence = Speed

I'm wondering if it's possible to remove Respawn time info and replace it with APM? (Agility/Beweglichkeit) It's boring to watch the respawn time, when APM is an important factor to players micromanagement abilities and one of the most interesting info to know. I just wondering if this is a good suggestion? Or is there a reason this is not possible

Edit_

poll reason
Exodus Wrote:And I dont know if this is a good suggestion or not, depends on what the people think.
i dont think that APM should be in that field, maybe it could be added in -stats, but not as agi..
No Support via PM!!
APM is already included in the stats.

And I dont know if this is a good suggestion or not, depends on what the people think.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Well, I added a poll to find out what people thinks of this idea.
Respawn time can be quite important, so it should be seen quickly. APM are really not that important, if someone got 80, 120 or 250 doesn't say anything about micro-skills in general.
I dont like it, cause I think, that often APM says how intensive someone plays and if his bounty is quiet high you can see the "skill" that player has (i suppose) - that means get a look at how skilled someone is just by 1 click :| .
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
That is the point of showing it I think. But usually you already know the answer just by looking at the person playing.
better make it available through -stats command.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
Vomitus Wrote:better make it available through -stats command.
It's already available through -stats command. Lolz only me voted for suggestionConfusedhock:
well, if it is already available and I didn't mention that - then... it is an answer to your question(to your poll):)
APM? Lol? I voted "no".
Make me happy by the ze.
I voted no, because I could see it mainly used for bragging/flaming.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
It seems only I voted yes here. I thought respawn time is less important and much predictable.
Trolololo
TKF Wrote:...Lolz only me voted for suggestionConfusedhock:
You are not alone.
i'm sorry bro, but i voted no. Confusedhock:
i really could care less about my apm
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
:shock: !! WTF! I don't understand why so many votes no???? Why do no one cares about apm. It's super important info to know about the players movement rutine, does he talk in a phone, go short afk, watch the guy on his side. That causes his apm to drop and BANG he's dead, cuz i detected a dropdown in his apm :mrgreen:

I never look at respawn imo it's the most useless info. What about making a bar on top of each tanks head, which shows apm???
LMFAO! dude! you're hillarious tkf! i don't care about my apm cuase it just doesn't matter man! it's not important at all. it's not like while my tank is rolling from point A to point B i need to have my tank pilot tie his shoelaces while he's driving or change into his work pants or anything like that! lol!

nope, all i need to do is drive up, and then sit there and kill stuff! i don't need to have 200 apm to win, sometimes i get my apm really up there if i get a little repair goblin robot thingie (name of it escapes me) and i'm teleporting in and out and clicking out abilities and buying upgrades at the same time... but i still hardly ever get the speed freak award. once people with 200+apm start actually winning games against me, then i'll let u know. most the time i see some idiot who went 3 and 30 kill/death ratio with the speed freak award. is it just me or does the speed freak usually suck balls? apm don't mean sh*t bro! killing is all that matters!

i'll have to admit though that u might be right about that respawn time being nearly useless info. maybe it could show your assists instead. whacha think about that idea? Big Grin
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
TKF Wrote:What about making a bar on top of each tanks head, which shows apm???

hmm you mean these big neon-colored bars which blink every 0.2 seconds?

/off

hmm im against that. i dont think apm is that important, nor do i want to get that information so easy that i can abuse this knowledge for stalking a pizza-eating helicopter. you should observe what they do, not read it.
hahaha, lol, you've certainly made me laugh!

@qweq:
My average apm is about 170 and I had few games where speed freak was someone else. Yes, I(and my team) win most of the times.
But...
Even when I do not win I do have those freaky reward.
I am really nervous man and I think half of that clicks are made because of Tic syndrome. Usually this syndrome never reveals, but when a person gets nervous it can occur. And people try to put down Tic by making controlled(at least partially) movements. And these movements are the source of "freakiness".

But in general when I play heli(90% of cases) I have to click very often RMB to position my heli at definite places to get last hits for creep kills, to manipulate my movement trajectory more precisely and so on. Every RMB click is a response to change of game state. And this state is being changed every 0.1 sec. Add here some delay from the network. When you perform a move, you enemy performs counter move. You actual move hasn't ended yet but you already see as your enemy begins his counter-move and you want to do counter counter-move. The faster your reaction is, the faster you adapt to your opponent moves - the more chances to win(this particular battle).
Also these quick clicks could be considered as smoothing means - the more correction points on a curve - more smooth it will be.
Alright, I shouldn't go further in mathematics(mostly because I am too lazy), I hope you understood what I wanted to say...

qweqqweq Wrote:maybe it could show your assists instead
What do you mean by that?
Vomitus:

having to click all the time can be a very good thing. that's definately true. but also, concentration is important. being able to click where u need to when u need to is important too. clicking in advance in response to your own predictions of what will be necessary is also a good thing. but that's easy to do. that's something that should just come from a feeling. it's like this, "don't focus on the finger that's pointing to the moon, or else you might miss out on all that heavenly glory." (Bruce Lee).

perfecting the position of my tank is not the highest priority at all times. probably it's only my highest priority 1% of the time. i actually get chat master a lot because i play with a lot of noobs and i try to help them with tips on strategies a lot. Also, i often am keeping an eye on the mini map to see an overall view of the situation. i can't constantly re-postion my tank's postition if what i'm more concerned about is my distance to a point in the minimap. nor can i do so if i'm checking what other tank's have purchased, or if i'm evaluating their strategy adjustments and determining their percent chance of success, or i'm making a plan to counter their stategies.

i think it'd be cool to see the kill assists of a player since that's not tracked now. i thought maybe that could be put in the spot tkf was talking about.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  remove leaver penalty & giveup / change kick back griffin1987 21 18,514 2014-01-24, 12:20:12
Last Post: Exodus
  remove giveup, change kicking griffin1987 9 9,254 2013-08-21, 16:22:24
Last Post: gozo1985
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,490 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 8,993 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846
  Tank bounty depending on time of last death Bob666 23 17,062 2012-03-15, 01:40:37
Last Post: Smell.No.Evil