Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.46] Earth Robot
Dust Wave spell writes: Earth Tank moves to target while damaging units in its way. But it moves straight towards instead of moving to point where I cast spell.

I think it can stop at the point that you cast ability instead moving further. And its casting and moving range can be a little further (10-15%)

Granitic Defense can have a better attachment :wink: I didnt like that one at all.

And a question: Does Granitic Defense stack wih Transparent Armor, if it stacks, does it stack % or +?
Trolololo
Btw, dust wave is a bit buggy. I played only one time with this robot and even this was enough to be stuck several times among impassable terrain.
I'd like this skill to be changed a bit:
  • make distance a bit longer(10-15% as horselance said)
  • make it castable only at enemy(not at any point on the rgound)
  • make it chase an enemy so it will always hit him
If an enemy is killed while you are in movement - move to the point where he died.
This will prevent such occurances like getting out from passable terrain. I don't know even why didn't this skill produce exact bug like SF's speed skill - the same logic is used as I understand.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
Quote:make it castable only at enemy(not at any point on the rgound)

why such a huge nerf? his damage reduction ability is too good, but this one?

Quote:If an enemy is killed while you are in movement - move to the point where he died.

i dont understand this one. does it matter where the enemy is killed? i would be really surprised to travel half the map because my mate killed a tank Confusedhock:
DerSatan Wrote:
Quote:make it castable only at enemy(not at any point on the rgound)
why such a huge nerf? his damage reduction ability is too good, but this one?
Is this a nerf? I think it only changes the way this ability works. I didn't say that it would not damage everything on it's way. And this is a requirement for chasing an enemy - I think you'll prefer much to chase an enemy instead targeting random adjacent direction - an enemy can getaway in this case.
For 100% chance of hitting an enemy and getting closer you lose an ability to wider manipulate a mass damage that is dealt to surrounding crowd.
But in the other side - if your enemy is getting away from you and your skill is activated... Your way will be much longer and so this makes more potential in mass damage.
Imagine a Sky Tank that is getting away through horde of creeps or/and ground tanks - they all will receive your damage. And you will be then in a horde of creeps and enemies if your attack fails to kill them:)
But in nowadays realization that Sky Tank simply will be able to getaway because your distance would be not enough to track him all the way. And you'll become in a horde of creeps and angry enemies:)

DerSatan Wrote:
Quote:If an enemy is killed while you are in movement - move to the point where he died.

i dont understand this one. does it matter where the enemy is killed? i would be really surprised to travel half the map because my mate killed a tank Confusedhock:
Situation for example:
You are ET and you stay on your CP in the center. Someone is getting away by the road. You cast your skill and begin to fly in dust:). At the same time your mate fires a Lava Shot to that enemy. At the moment when you are above impassable terrain(near CP) your enemy dies. So here is a question: where would you end up? In that certain location where you were? You'll stack there. And think, if you decided to teleport to your enemy's location(with this skill) then so be it:).

Btw, if an enemy teleports somewhere when your skill is activated and targeted on him - you do not chase him anymore but go to the point from where he has teleported from(like rocket and lavashot skill).
Ok, I played a game with earth robot. I got a fews things to say.

It's super imba
dust teleport + granite defense = ownage
net + earthquake vs air = ownage
dust teleport + earthquake = ownage
dust teleport = nice catchup
dust teleport = escape
granite defense lv5 = 4x hp for 5 sec!!!!

and you can include teleporter item in these combos!!!

:?

I also bought speed pack, then I omfgwtfpwned them. Short range weapons are nice. I'm not that skilled, but earth robot REALLY need nerfing

I prioritized granite defense, tank cannon and earth quake. You only need lv1 dust wave. Granite defense is unbalanced IMO.
I cant say it is so imba but has a different tactic. It dont have any kind of stun so its skills must be a bit powerful if you ask me.

And dust wave must not be targeted to enemy because it can be used to run also (I mostly used it for that purpose:).
Trolololo
Ok, making it unable to target any point will be a nerf - you won't have an ability to escape. But instead we can increase flight speed when he is in dust form. Maybe...
I love this new Tank, very good idea... infernals-little-brother :mrgreen:
horselance Wrote:I cant say it is so imba but has a different tactic. It dont have any kind of stun so its skills must be a bit powerful if you ask me.

And dust wave must not be targeted to enemy because it can be used to run also (I mostly used it for that purpose:).

Sky tank has no stun but his skills sucksBig Grin
(and demon tank is imba comapring to skytank)

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Quote:And a question: Does Granitic Defense stack wih Transparent Armor, if it stacks, does it stack % or +?

%

20% transparent armor reduction + 60% granitic defense:
0.8*0.4 = you still get 32% of the damage, means 68% reduction

its impossible to make the distance of dust wave variable without rescripting the whole spell (it uses shockwave as a base ability, which has a constant range)

balancing: we are balancing it, yes
i like the dust wave as it is (target direction only, travel full distance all the time). if you change something here, only change the distance or the damage please. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth Bot Boobies 7 5,814 2012-02-28, 17:24:47
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Balancing Ghost Demon, Earth. Althend 26 16,624 2011-07-17, 20:59:10
Last Post: usman111
  earth robot's ability cooldown unpredictable_m 1 1,599 2009-11-07, 07:05:30
Last Post: unpredictable_m
  Earth Robot discreprancy DOGG1 8 4,227 2009-02-12, 13:39:50
Last Post: Exodus
  Earth Robot still imba in 8.48? NoobStrike 13 6,294 2008-06-27, 15:24:59
Last Post: qweqqweq