Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinker discussion - Your opinion?
Saiyuki Wrote:we could also disable the automatic download of new versions by the bot, forcing players to check out the homepage. ^^
muhaha.. nice idea.. BUT: u should add a massive penetrating red hint with the homepage where they can dl it... otherwise the community decreases by 70% Big Grin
ssl Wrote:@Aggi: There is a changelog on the homepage, everyone can see what has changed.
megalol...
i know it and you should know it too that i know it, you know? :mrgreen:
i just talked about the biggest part of bt players who play it but never inform themself about changes or something else.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
just make tinker less hp , it is annoying make him 1 hit ko ... even by lv 1 tank cannon
he is dam annoying .... he feed and feed ,and etc....

try to make him less hp , it is more fun to make him lesser hp that even 1 shot from lv 1 tank cannon can kill him
maybe 2 , 150hp to 200hp is enough for him , i already share my tactic on using him
tinker is useless , you have to admit it , tower it is too time wasting , teleport , ??? if ppl stun you , you cant teleport ,at the start , you need to get hull , not weapons which most of the players make this mistake
the only skill is good is tower , ult
ppl keep saying i dont play enough , to me i i think they talk like they are pros ,actually they only wanted to be a pro
just like the net topic , sometime it take 2 or 3 nets to kill the other tanks , 600 + 150 teleport to and fro
750 for maybe 400 or 600 gold which make you over all lose $ if you are lucky you get to kill other creeps on the way which + maybe 500 or more
Tinker is quite fearsome in a battle... If its used right! Of course its not used to all-out-fighting, because of the low HP. Especially the Teleport-Ability. Perfect for hit-and-run tactics!
(But with some hulls, it can be really nasty in other ways.)
Try to capture somthing that can teleport that far (and twice, with speed-pack). Perfect for Guerrila-Tactics.
The towers you build on the lanes can support in the beginning and give you some money, but tiners true strengh lies in the base defens(repair+hp+dmg modules LVL 5 in Protective Towers are quite usefull) and killing the enemy behind the front line. Some creeps (advanced troop command, including mortars) and the enemy will have lost half of his towers without even noticing it.
Scelle Wrote:Tinker is quite fearsome in a battle... If its used right! Of course its not used to all-out-fighting, because of the low HP. Especially the Teleport-Ability. Perfect for hit-and-run tactics!
(But with some hulls, it can be really nasty in other ways.)
Try to capture somthing that can teleport that far (and twice, with speed-pack). Perfect for Guerrila-Tactics.
The towers you build on the lanes can support in the beginning and give you some money, but tiners true strengh lies in the base defens(repair+hp+dmg modules LVL 5 in Protective Towers are quite usefull) and killing the enemy behind the front line. Some creeps (advanced troop command, including mortars) and the enemy will have lost half of his towers without even noticing it.
teleport you need mp at least 60 for both teleport at the start it must feed or it cant get gold on creep , one good combo i rarely do is stun , go nearer to it ,use tp then and spam other on it ,then do nothing
when it teleport = tinker win
repair+hp+dmg modules LVL 5 in Protective Towers are quite usefull , that is offensive part , the best is to see invisible like mines
firstly ,before you build that tower , ppl or creep see you , if you build behind it , you dont get $ because creep did not touch your tower + it is time wasting unless you get 3 to 6 tech mech to repair it for you on the tower
enemy will have lost half of his towers without even noticing it. , only newbies or noobs dont notice tinker because everyone know that if you leave it there ,it is going to build tower , get gold and etc , as a normal player always look at the mini map , look out for all potential threats and etc if you see a player going near that tower , hurry go defence it ,why stand there do nothing ?
i think you are playing it wrong , tinker should get a good weapon try to get close range , use teleport to farm creep then hull all the way
if it is moving the creep , it is hard to spot him , 3 or 4 hull make sure you dont die , try to hide your weapons shots like dont get energy ter..... because it shoot green stuff , get cannon shot , it is nearly invisible to see , if you are mad , go get flamer , it work best if the target is running away and in red hp
it is not really powerful , nearly same as other tank in term of threat , mini map is your best friend on spotting tinker
i said once more tinker are useless , unless you are doing all the strange or not normal tactic , you can win , if you play normally , u cant win with it
TKF Wrote:
RaptorXI Wrote:
Velocity2k Wrote:I don't know why we should improve the tinker. Only because people can't play with it?
[...]

2.: Tinker could build 5 towers and still hold a Tech-Mech [5*8 + 3= 43 (food)].

[...]
2: As far as I know, the tinker towers costs 7 food unless this has been changed

I have added a screenshot of the current version (8.72c), 1 tinker tower consumes 8 food.

Another reason why the tinker is useful: It can support the Protective Towers. If you want to buy a new tank and sell your old one in base, use Tower Modules once and support one of them. I have never seen someone winning who had a vulnerable castle.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Last time I played tinker (a few versions ago), the tower did cost 7 food. I don't some remember someone mentioned it being changed back to cost 8 food.
why did you ban trader/exploer & didn't ban tinker aswell?
How about just making it impossible to choose tinker at start? ...
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
Please remove it!
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Velocity2k Wrote:The tinker isn't a problem itself. The players who think they know how to play it are the problem...
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Isn't it the same for exploder?

Really, is it possible to provide a statistic concerning tinker/loss? (i mean all game where tinker is played more than 10 min)
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Althend Wrote:Isn't it the same for exploder?
kinda yes - most players sucks with exploders even more than as tinker. I wouldn't care 'bout exploder as long the play in the other teamConfusedhock:

Quote:Really, is it possible to provide a statistic concerning tinker/loss? (i mean all game where tinker is played more than 10 min)
Sorry, we do not track such data
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
eSVau Wrote:
Velocity2k Wrote:The tinker isn't a problem itself. The players who think they know how to play it are the problem...
Same goes for trader, exploder and all the other experimental tanks, so its not a really criterion
Ger-Dyers-Eve Wrote:Same goes for trader, exploder and all the other experimental tanks, so its not a really criterion
But the skill-metric is totally different with exploder and trader.
I vote to remove Tinker from league. If I want to play against towers I will play single player with no opponents. Towers are not a fun skill, and not a team work skill. Tinker ally mid just sits back and farms and tries to get exp while not dying. Tinker ally does not help you chain stun. Tinker ally does not help you push into a creepwave on a risky kill. Tinker power has been improved in the latest versions, but it's fun has not changed.

Remove Tinker, or remove the Tower skill and replace it with something more team oriented.
(2011-02-08, 18:56:14)Velocity2k Wrote:
Ger-Dyers-Eve Wrote:Same goes for trader, exploder and all the other experimental tanks, so its not a really criterion
But the skill-metric is totally different with exploder and trader.

for me muslim tank (explo) is more tank than tinker though it's very focken annoying.
I vote for ban tinker from league. It destroys to many games. As someone said before - not tinker is a problem but people who plays it, but what can we do with it? Force all tinker players to play on some tinker tutorial bot? Create a tinker tutorial btanks version? It would be absurd. Imo the only way to fix to tinker problem is to delete it from league. It will be better without it.

If there's no way to ban tinker i propose to give it timed life. For example 20 minutes per game. If the time runs out, player would be able to buy it only for 5sec to make the tank change by selling tank - buying&selling tinker - buing new tank available.

BTW: Welcome all. I've been playing bt since the first versions, than i had a long break bc of brith of my son. Few months ago i came back and i'm getting better every day;)
BTW2: I heard there's some famous prog here. I'm not copyboy - i have this nick since quake 2 times and diablo 1 times;)
hi progg : D

The main problem with exploder is the way we calculate point changes after a game by using the gamestats. The high kill/death counts do not fit into this system very well. Tinker does not have this problem.
(2011-04-28, 21:57:52)Prog Wrote: hi progg : D

The main problem with exploder is the way we calculate point changes after a game by using the gamestats. The high kill/death counts do not fit into this system very well. Tinker does not have this problem.

I want all to understand me well. It's great that explo is banned. With noob team this tank can overturn the game. Against good team - just few tp breakers and explo doesn't exist. 2 simple.
But imo saying that not the tank but players who plays it is problem is going around the topic but not touching it. Great most of people doesn't know how to play tinker and won't know. One can say with hight probability that those proportions won't change.

Fact is that tinker ruins the game, team income etc. in about 80% games.
Fact is that most of players can't play tinker.
High probably that this won't change.

Saying that it's players foult is right but doesn't fix the problem.
Leaving problem unfixed is bad:) (1 problem with tinker - that it's towers blocked other tanks was solved against btanks physics imo. Makeing towers transparent is destrying the physics model. i mean is there any other transparent solid object in btanks? tinker is engineer so the tower isn't magic)

I'll say it again. If there's no way to ban tinker from the league let's try to make it's life timed. On a second thought i think 15 mins would be better than 20. That will solve problem with idiot tinkers that doesn't change tank. Still there will be problem with creeping at mid since the tinker steals aboyt 70% of creep.
Let's make poll about tinkers it would be the fairest way to finish discussion anyway that sux before buying tank cause you can be killed
I made poll in suggestion forum before I remember that this thread here in Feedback. Vote to keep or ban tinker in the thread in suggestion forum.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your opinion on 8.79 Exodus 20 14,512 2013-10-07, 14:37:00
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Tinker exploder dirtyterror 43 30,312 2013-01-25, 16:00:57
Last Post: Jason
  Change tinker cost to 200 gold? Wupti 33 21,935 2012-10-28, 23:37:34
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Current state of BT - your opinion Exodus 23 18,629 2012-08-31, 15:34:14
Last Post: Alexandro
  Need a discussion about the changes Sassspect 3 3,530 2012-05-01, 11:45:13
Last Post: LoveComesAgain