Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Item boons! How to deal with this...
TKF presents: Cheap useless garbage at start :!: A cure solution for item boons

:shock: Yay here I come with Repair Kit as a tinker.... ROFL! When you think you have seen it all, well think again. There is still items which is not useful at start.

That's why you should add coming soon... (1 min) for such idiot items which cost 3000 or less, such as siege pack, radar, teleport (YES noobs can buy this), repair kit, and similar items; YES EVEN reinforcements (yes it exists "¤%@}§$# that is capable to buy 6 reinforcements at start :mrgreen: OOooohh I'm gonna own them with my army :mrgreen:) Make a way so it's impossible to buy meaningless items at start. I suggested only 1 min delay, due to possible rush and urush game.

I hope you know what I mean - And change the text in "gameplay constants" Coming soon... to The team hates you if you buy this item first... DO NOT BUY

Another solution is to make a smart trigger block system, which prevents idiotic actions at start and gives a warning. If you try to buy repair kit, you will be stopped.
As you may have noticed in the german forum I'm currently working on the upgrade system. The idea is to remove the additional income you get from the upgrades and to reduce the upgrade-costs to 1500 gold. But to make them more useful, a requirement-system will be added. So you need certain upgrades to buy an item, e.g. one attack upgrade to buy Reinforcements or 5 armor upgrades to buy orbital control.

This can help to prevent those situations just described. At the start only a few items will have these requirements, just to see how it works out. (take note that you are not forced to buy upgrades with this system, because your force is also researching upgrades, which will be 2 every 5 minutes now, you just have to wait then)
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
.. i think someone had a bad game [Image: ownagesmilyoy7.gif]

but, Troop Command isn't a "n00b" start Item, it's a "Support" Tactic, and not lame like Kamikaze. Handel it...

If a Player buys one of the other Items you told us.Well thats stupid, right. [Image: biggrinuc5.gif]

greetz
[Image: dtpc3banner88x31.jpg]
Quote:And change the text in "gameplay constants" Coming soon... to The team hates you if you buy this item first... DO NOT BUY

rofl xD

i think its a nice idea to give all items these restrictions, so better weapons too... but auf mich hört hier ja eh keiner xD
No Support via PM!!
Exodus Wrote:As you may have noticed in the german forum I'm currently working on the upgrade system. The idea is to remove the additional income you get from the upgrades and to reduce the upgrade-costs to 1500 gold. But to make them more useful, a requirement-system will be added. So you need certain upgrades to buy an item, e.g. one attack upgrade to buy Reinforcements or 5 armor upgrades to buy orbital control.

This means the armor level of the force have to be level 5, before orbital control is available? So other can also upgrade the team armor?

Exodus Wrote:(take note that you are not forced to buy upgrades with this system, because your force is also researching upgrades, which will be 2 every 5 minutes now, you just have to wait then)

So this means force gets 2 tech upgrades each 5 minutes instead of 1, if I get it correctly.

SirJohurt Wrote:but, Troop Command isn't a "n00b" start Item, it's a "Support" Tactic, and not lame like Kamikaze. Handel it...

If a Player buys one of the other Items you told us.Well thats stupid, right.

I agree that troop command is a useful item, but the single reinforcements (500) can be consumed, and the price of troop command is equal to 5 consumable reinforcements.
i think thats a good idea... not coming soon, but the upgrade requirement... well, but reinforcement for example might be useful before 5 minutes, too... what about 1 upgrade every 2.5 minutes? but the overall idea is good
Well, perhaps the tech restriction idea is good, unlocking more powerful weapons/items, as the tech upgrades increases. Thus the access to greater items must be unlocked by increasing the teams techlevel. But that will come in conflict with -noup mode, will create delay for getting the items. But I think a vote must be raised about this if you're serious about implementing this tech requirement restriction thing.
I don't think -noup will be used as much if upgrade-reqs are added...to put it briefly, players would no longer become gold-whores and afford to sit in base. Manually upgrading would not only give you a faster run at better items, but (I'm assuming this is still around) you get the extra reinforcements as well. Most people don't really use them and sell, but they still have their uses (at somewhat of a discount). In the event players choose -noup, it will become the equivalent of setting time restrictions on the premium items.

It may be a good idea to add the limit to certain items in Normal/Trader Only games, if only for the sake of being idiot-proof. Rush, you can do what you want (it's not noob-friendly to begin with); the others are in Rush's situation. I gotta admit that Repair Kit is a very silly idea to buy so early on. I dunno, I've never seen Light Tank/Repair Kit tried, but it would surprise me if it became popular. You may want to do the same for hulls and even speed. At that point a Trader couldn't simply trade and reap the benefits, but would be almost forced to constantly benefit their team in an attempt to bring about premium items ASAP, for the team and for themselves. (I should note that the restriction should NOT apply to the Trade Master items, giving the Traders a greater incentive to use those things.)

I'm glad gold-whoring will become much less of a problem: looking forward to the next update!
DPS > Range, 'nuff said.
The basic restriction idea was implemented in 8.24, but it's kind of annoying, orbital control requires 5 armor upgrades, which is the first item I buy as trader. When I can buy it, no one is light/heli anymore and can't frag with itSad But it's a good thing to. At least reinforcements noobs have to wait until level 1 attack is upgraded.
sry for doublepost

I recently played a game, where a nub nOOb, as usual don't buy weapons. He was light tank. I tell him to buy a weapon, but the weapon he buys is a catapult, and I tried to explain that He must click on it to use it against units, but he didn't understand that... perhaps make the description Catapult (Building) to Catapult (Building) or Catapult (Building only) Add a color to those weapon which target spesific units. (Air only), (Ground Only) and (Player Vehicles Only). Colored text catch attension more easily.
I wouldn't mind Orbital Control being available 5-10 minutes sooner. Sometimes I'd rather buy an Orbital Control than a fifth upgraded Light Plasma Gun/Flame Cannon when I have the gold, especially if the enemy team has someone that rushed Airship.

And TKF, I look at Orbital Control more as a "combo" weapon. It cleans up meatshields the enemy may rely on to survive in addition to dealing decent damage. Coupled with some decent weaponry and your own tank abilities I've found it to be an adequate item for killing midgame tanks, especially if they're in the habit of fighting together.

There's no need for Orbital Control to one-shot everything. 8)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regen item Althend 3 4,284 2011-04-09, 03:02:09
Last Post: Beorn
  Teleport Skill and Teleporter Item ChronicStoned 4 3,064 2009-02-05, 20:26:39
Last Post: ChronicStoned
  MORTAR TEAM ITEM! The tinker towers worst enemy... TKF 27 11,789 2007-11-11, 19:53:55
Last Post: TKF
  Is battery garbage and worthless item in Battle Tanks 8.10? TKF 14 7,994 2007-05-09, 16:06:58
Last Post: TKF