Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
kick system
you may as well then just come up with a plausible kick system yourself. we're willing to provide you some examples that won't always fit in there, too. pls note that the kick system wouldn't only be available on league games but on bt in general.

_edit:
funny as how the comments abruptly stopped after setting up such a simple task as much of the people here think developing a kick system is...
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
(2011-05-30, 14:58:20)Saiyuki Wrote: you may as well then just come up with a plausible kick system yourself. we're willing to provide you some examples that won't always fit in there, too. pls note that the kick system wouldn't only be available on league games but on bt in general.

_edit:
funny as how the comments abruptly stopped after setting up such a simple task as much of the people here think developing a kick system is...

I'd say that's rather easy. Keep the maths as they are, but instead of having ppl unkickable, make more than 4 kickvotes required, and only IF more than 4 kickvotes are required, the other team may vote as well.

Or even simpler, just require 4 votes for that case.

_edit:
funny as how the dev comments abruptly stopped after providing a solution to what most people don't like about the current kick system...
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
i think griffin's idea is better then the current kick system.
My proposal is - k/d ratio =< 1:4 with minimum of 12 deaths or score = or worse than 0:6.
I think u made the current system too sophisticated so it provides absurds like - i had stats like 20:4 and started to save for big tank. Last 5 minutes i fed and had stats like 23-18 so i was kickable (no matter i was best scorrer in team) thx to only 1 guy in team i havn't been kicked. I finished the game with stats about 50-25 and we've won it. If they kicked me it would be lost and ofcourse absourdous kick.
You can also add the apm factor - if the apm is lower than 50-60 - make the kick possible with minimum 3 votes.
AFK longer then 2,5 minutes - make kick possible with 4 votes.
If sombody has been muted more than 3 times in last 10 minutes - make him kickable with at least 4 votes.
I think the system is easy to understand and it will provide lot of good kicks and probably not even 1 rage kick by noobs for good players.
Good idea.
Current kick system - garbage.
sorry for bad eng
I think the afk penalty needs to go away with time. Good players who -afk for a min can be kick, but feeders who just afk a little here and there, and never type "-afk" seem to be unkickable half the time. Some games we vote to kick our best player with 23-8 record, just for fun, and it allows vote. In the same game we cannot kick the 1-13 player who sold all and bought tinker and upgrades.

System needs to be fixed. Yes, I understand how it works. System is broken, needs a fix.

Suggestions:

1. reduce -afk penalty over time.
2. increase the time required to lower the kv... instead of 3 minutes make it 4. That should help with the slow steady feeders. (yes now i will get kicked more)
Wish I knew how to code.. Hate the current kick system for above mentioned reasons. I think a simple solution would maybe make it a whole game thing, and not a teamwide thing? It seems more likely to me that the other team would be willing to help someone with 1 terrible feeder, and 2 feeders who wont vote and 2 good guys.
Today I had 2 games again, and in both I had a really "skilled" flamer in my team. I've been learning how to ignore them lately - problem is just, there's always someone in team who can't, and then half of my screen is full of chat bullshit.

Yes, i can /ignore them every single game (somehow wc3 doesn't save whom I ignore? at least not if i do it ingame, haven't tested in lobby) - but then I don't get the useful stuff either (no, the flamers don't write useful stuff normally, but the other teammates, who might be reacting to the flaming, do occassionally write some useful stuff),

Either way, I couldn't kick either of them while even the other team wanted to help us kick them, but they couldn't. And a banrequest seems kinda useless (sorry, don't want to insult any of you hard working admins, but that's just the way many people start to see it nowadays) now, as for one it doesn't help with any game for about a week (till someone goes through the banrequests), which means at least another 10 games for me - and the chance is rather high that the same f. plays again. Also - and I really don't get you all in that point - no one of the admins seems to care for bad behaviour and flaming, as long as people play.

Back to my original suggestion: Can't we just have people kickable all the time? I don't care if the other team needs to vote as well sometimes, but it really ruins all the fun if you got someone flaming all the time, and even the anti spam system doesn't help much there, nor does the current kick system.
(2011-08-29, 23:57:41)griffin1987 Wrote: Yes, i can /ignore them every single game (somehow wc3 doesn't save whom I ignore? at least not if i do it ingame, haven't tested in lobby) - but then I don't get the useful stuff either (no, the flamers don't write useful stuff normally, but the other teammates, who might be reacting to the flaming, do occassionally write some useful stuff),

Yeah, sadly wc3 wont save your ignores. But multi realm bot may also throw a spanner in your path (german: strich durch die rechnung machen) since you cant ignore them via battle.net commands, which is rather stupidSad
I've asked velo about a possibility to initate a bot mute vote vs such players.

(2011-08-29, 23:57:41)griffin1987 Wrote: Either way, I couldn't kick either of them while even the other team wanted to help us kick them, but they couldn't. And a banrequest seems kinda useless (sorry, don't want to insult any of you hard working admins, but that's just the way many people start to see it nowadays) now, as for one it doesn't help with any game for about a week (till someone goes through the banrequests), which means at least another 10 games for me - and the chance is rather high that the same f. plays again. Also - and I really don't get you all in that point - no one of the admins seems to care for bad behaviour and flaming, as long as people play.
Flame and insult request are easy ones, the dont need 15-30 minutes to watch a single replay since i can read all the chat without watching it with wc3. And i mostly approve that kind of misbehavior (approving the request, not behavoirWink )

Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
LoveComes Again likes to Flame.....then kick. We dont need this.

(2011-04-17, 23:14:23)LoveComesAgain Wrote: this suck why i cant kick 0-18???????????????????>..................... he finished with 1-19 and still cant kick

http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=12933

http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=26748
39 min 40s : OrcTheDeath write -kick 9 and system started kick. 9 (Nartak) 14 kills 10 deats, 0 sec afk. WTF?
We regularly can`t kick noobs 1:10! As the this stupid system works?! Kick pro and no kick noobs?

Attached Files
.w3g   wtf.w3g (Size: 1.3 MB / Downloads: 193)
sorry for bad eng
i got an other idea. what about you can kick player whaterver they got for stats in time.
the only one is the kill death rate has to be -5, the thing with afk is ok. most of the time you want to kick because of stats and not because of beeing afk
and i would add another thing.
Sometimes players are getting stupid and buy tinker or something else and cant be kicked, maybe we can add if hole team writes -kick 9 (for example) and one or two of the other team has to write it too. then he can be kicked.
I can't play Btanks sinde 3 days, no league and no qualify.
Can someone tell ma why ???

Thanks for answer
(2012-01-12, 14:20:27)Russ_Meyer Wrote: I can't play Btanks sinde 3 days, no league and no qualify.
Can someone tell ma why ???

Thanks for answer

http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?t...7#pid31927 you are banned.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
you have to be kiddingBig Grin

http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3019

€: gnah nevermind, 2 meyer ^^
Can someone explain why sometimes in late of game afk guy cant be kicked at after about 6-15mins of afking?
It happened to me few times he is just kickable after 3-5mins of not moving and later not and its not about attempts of votekicks before
So, how about my sugggestion? Is it gonna be implemented?

There's been lots of discussions about the kick system and I could post about every 5th to 10th game were players have been unkickable and my proposal would solve this, so - any statement from a dev?Wink

Thanks!

BR
http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?t...4#pid32104

Watch the replay - another example of why people shouldn't be unkickable (progg even comments this with "kick system is just a joke")

Best Regards
Suggestion:

Stop with this oversophisticated points kick system.
Make it simple way:

Voting is started after anybody from the team of player requested to kick types "-kick x"
If there are more than 50% "yes votes" - player gets kicked.
Example - 10 players game. Voting started. 6 plyers votes - yes (no matter wich team are they in). Kick request aproved.
Example - 9 players game. Voting started. 5 players votes -yes etc.
Or we do it the WC3 way, no kick at all...
The other team should have no say in kicks what so ever, even requesting that is absurd. Can we really expect people to act "honorably" and not what's in their best interest? give me a break! Allowing the other team to vote would just make the system ripe for abuse.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new bounty and spree system Wupti 15 14,254 2014-06-12, 05:45:00
Last Post: GodStrongArms
  AFK counter vs kick system with less players / re-kick timer / multi-afk griffin1987 1 2,684 2014-01-23, 00:46:23
Last Post: Exodus
  Explosives and kick penalty ichwillrotsein 2 3,278 2013-01-21, 00:14:59
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  5 min kick starting afker issue, it was 3 min before AeroniumX 0 1,941 2013-01-06, 01:18:25
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Retarded clan members abusing the retarded kick system Teo_live 12 10,187 2012-09-05, 00:59:36
Last Post: Perfektionist