Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinker costs 0 ?
I know there are some posts already exists about the Tinker, and if it should be banned or not. I dont like it, but i also nevermind it if some enemy or teamplayer plays with it. But there is just one and i guess very interesting question?

WHY DOES A TINKER COSTS NOTHING ????

He has Skills, Hitpoints and if u know how to play you will not get any death at all.
Build a Tower, get your ET in it, Tele away and wait... get a hull and start creeping in front....

Its like everybody knows and it seems a bit imbalanced. In like close to every Game you will have a Tinker on every side playing with EC or ET.

I think there is no reason why it should cost nothing.

Imo it should cost 200... then they all can buy their ET if they want (i prefer 250 but ok) - so he cant teleport in front for a early tower.
(2011-05-30, 18:01:06)gozo1985 Wrote: Build a Tower, get your ET in it, Tele away and wait..
Are u for real? That is how NOT TO PLAY the tinker -.-
Can't believe there are people who thinks this is how to play tinker.
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
(2011-05-30, 19:03:02)Tynkywinky Wrote:
(2011-05-30, 18:01:06)gozo1985 Wrote: Build a Tower, get your ET in it, Tele away and wait..
Are u for real? That is how NOT TO PLAY the tinker -.-
Can't believe there are people who thinks this is how to play tinker.

and thanks for the feedback of the thread.. its about the costs of nothing man..................

You think it should cost more because it has skills and hit points. In the other threads I have read people are complaining about how bad tinker is and they want to have it removed because of that - most people just don't know how to play with it, they think it's well played by doing" Build a Tower, get your ET in it, Tele away and wait.." aka. ur tactic.
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
sooo still no reason why it costs nothing!? the thing that some can play (u maybe) and some who cant play with it (like me) isnt necessary or the reason for it. like guard.. some can play with it some not. but it has skills and HP and thats the reason why u pay 5k for it.

i also like the tinker HP up so it cant be instant killed at start, but it just like it sounds... tinker costs nothing.... a bit imba. with ET or EC hes creeping so damn much and if u not careful enough u also get "easy" kills with it.

i guess 150 or 200 is rather ok
I don't think its imba. 2 stuns or a bit teamwork then the tinker is dead.
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
(2011-06-01, 08:12:37)Tynkywinky Wrote: I don't think its imba. 2 stuns or a bit teamwork then the tinker is dead.

like scout.. and it costs 500....................................

Try to stun my tinker when i port away - long before you can buy a porter. I'd make tinker cost something as well if it were me, 150 or 200 sounds good.
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
this is the game...

why is pilot for free, he is invincible..... if tinker would cost something u cannot change ure tank anymore by selling it for half price... and if its price would be 250g the only affect is, that those noobs buy tinker wait until they can buy torpedo wich takes 1min?! and u get big problems in mid.... 0g is a good price but perhaps it needs a bit change in skills and hp again....
(2011-06-02, 03:09:03)Helge_F Wrote: this is the game...

why is pilot for free, he is invincible..... if tinker would cost something u cannot change ure tank anymore by selling it for half price... and if its price would be 250g the only affect is, that those noobs buy tinker wait until they can buy torpedo wich takes 1min?! and u get big problems in mid.... 0g is a good price but perhaps it needs a bit change in skills and hp again....

But you can't play with the pilot - so thats not an argument. And about the ppl starting with tinker: so be it. You're only talking about noobs - but if we're talking about the game, we should think about how the game is SUPPOSED to be played, so - think about clan games and the like. And if you think about clan games and tinker - it's always disabled. So, as we're not gonna remove tinker, I'd say, at least make it cost something, because IT IS a "tank" - you can't play with pilot, but you can play with tinker.

Maybe another option would be to even have pilot pickable when tinker is enabled?
You know what I do when I see a tinker on my opponents team, I pick helicopter and get exp, and then I just one shot u with spells. This effectively ends ur game right off the bat if you plan is to energy torpedo, tower, and put wep in tower.
(2011-06-01, 21:29:37)gozo1985 Wrote:
(2011-06-01, 08:12:37)Tynkywinky Wrote: I don't think its imba. 2 stuns or a bit teamwork then the tinker is dead.

like scout.. and it costs 500....................................

Scout >>>>> thinker. Scout has a tank cannon which creeps like a mofo. It also has a tower which helps tank + creep, not to mention a heal and healing rune.

Scout creeps much faster than tinker and will not get one shotted as easily, not to mention you can go a diff build than the energy torpedo or electro cannon. Hull + 1x basic magic is a perfectly fine start; it farms well bc of its creep cannon and extremely safe. It can also go 2x basic and get a hull around the 2:30 mark. Tinker with this kind of build will fall far behind.
Okay, which spell of the helicopter does enough damage on level 1 to kill a tinker? Oh, right, there isn't any. And the demolisher won't either since the hp upgrade of the tinker. So, nope. At least the way you worded it I'll take it as an invalid argument.
(2011-06-08, 19:45:15)griffin1987 Wrote: Okay, which spell of the helicopter does enough damage on level 1 to kill a tinker? Oh, right, there isn't any. And the demolisher won't either since the hp upgrade of the tinker. So, nope. At least the way you worded it I'll take it as an invalid argument.

Read what I wrote, you get heli, you get 2x exp upgrades so you are at lv 5. You are guaranteed to kill the tinker asap with the rockets. If you want to be more creative, get ur first kill with the lv 2 ground bombardment since the tinker won't see it coming. He revives, tp back mid, u rocket him. 2 kills within 1min.

You also farm well if you have competent teammates mid. As long as you can push ur creeps close to the other teams mid towers, you can bombard to take out all the ground creeps.
so.. is there a reason ? >>>>>>>>>> threadBig Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tinker exploder dirtyterror 43 30,314 2013-01-25, 16:00:57
Last Post: Jason
  Change tinker cost to 200 gold? Wupti 33 21,937 2012-10-28, 23:37:34
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Balancing teleport costs RikonVan 13 8,744 2011-11-29, 00:17:42
Last Post: progg
  Tinker discussion - Your opinion? Kamulec 63 47,888 2011-05-24, 00:11:50
Last Post: Althend
  Against tinker buff of 8.73 Althend 8 6,818 2011-04-23, 22:06:15