Poll: Storm Tank. Do you like this tank?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
25.00%
3 25.00%
No!
75.00%
9 75.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storm Tank - Do you like it?
Have you played the Storm Tank? It's supposed to be effective against air tanks, but I played it twice and it rather sucks vs airships. It cost 4000 gold and is purchasable at the trader.

Storm Shock
The first storm ability does only 100 dmg pr level and 2x vs air. Its very low imo. Also a bit bad vs creeps. Maybe it should do 150dmg pr level and increased cooldown. 15 seconds cooldown is a bit low cuz you run out of mana fast since it cost 10 pr level.

Energy Leash
The second leash ability is only useful if you skill it high, which helps you pull enemy towards you, and teamwork is a must. Minimum lv4 or lv5, less is bad. low mana cost and 25 seconds cooldown seem ok with this skill.

Air Mines
Air mines is a special ability, its a bit bad that it has a duration. Also its a bit nice it slows the enemy. Somewhat weaker than demolisher mines, but it also slows. 250 dmg pr level, 8% slow pr level for a short time upon impact.

Eye of the Storm
The ultimate is a weird ability, which causes weak damage, slows enemies and boosts allies speed. Does 80 dmg pr level for units within 1100 range, and double in 550 range. Good runaway/pursuit ability
almost noone play this tank
Don't worry, don't cry, take ecstasy and flyExclamation
I played this tank in the beta phase, didn't like it. I only like the possibility of having a T2 anti-air tank.
The topic came up in internal discussion already and I think there needs to be done some buffs or redesign. Currently the tank is just too weak in my opinion.
(2012-02-23, 02:00:52)Prog Wrote: The topic came up in internal discussion already and I think there needs to be done some buffs or redesign. Currently the tank is just too weak in my opinion.
I agree, a different ulti would be interesting.

I have some ideas.

Maybe...
Heavy Storm Ulti
Creates a heavy rain storm in a area which lasts for several seconds. For every 1.5 second, a heavy lighting strike deals 400 splash damage (2x dmg vs air) on a random enemy unit inside the storm within 600 range. If no enemy unit is in the storm during the interval, the lightning strikes at random.

Level 1: 6 Seconds, 4 lightning strikes
Level 2: 7.5 Seconds, 5 lightning strikes
Level 3: 9 Seconds, 6 lightning strikes
Level 4: 10.5 Seconds, 7 lightning strikes
Level 5: 12 Seconds, 8 lightning strikes

or....
Lighting Airstrike Ability
Damages all target within 600 range instantly, stunning all targets for 1 second, and air targets for 2 seconds. Deals 2x damage vs air.

Level 1: 150 dmg
Level 2: 300 dmg
Level 3: 450 dmg
Level 4: 600 dmg
Level 5: 750 dmg

or....
Storm Orb Ulti
Creates an invulnerable storm orb which attacks a random nearby unit for 400 splash damage (2x vs air), and has 1 second attack cooldown. It can only attack a few times or until it has lasted for 20 seconds.

Level 1: 4 Attacks
Level 2: 5 Attacks
Level 3: 6 Attacks
Level 4: 7 Attacks
Level 5: 8 Attacks

or
Chain Storm Link Ulti
Shoots a lighting strike at a unit. If the primary or secondary target is killed, it will chain to next unit that has less hp than the damage, until there is no units within 600 range which has less hp than the damage it will end its chain at a random enemy unit. The primary target get stunned for 1.5 second if its air. (2x dmg vs air). The chains can reach far if the creeps allow it. Cannot target buildings.

Level 1: 560 damage, max 8 targets, minimum 2 targets
Level 2: 700 damage, max 10 targets, minimum 2 targets
Level 3: 840 damage, max 12 targets, minimum 3 targets
Level 4: 980 damage, max 14 targets, minimum 3 targets
Level 5: 1120 damage, max 16 targets, minimum 4 targets

Some ideas if you find them useful.

I Think that the Storm Tanks main Problem is its speed => way to slow
It is first useful after you have Speed-Boost - but Storm Tanks with Speed-Boost is to expensive.
its a cool anti air tank and can be mighty if you like to play tanks tier by tier.
means: tier1 > storm > hunter,demon,frosty > titan

i play storm tank very often in ranked or qualify with 2 different tactics.
short range: pull, ulti, and this circle storm thing as finisher
or 888-1050 range: stack airmines wait for detonation, ulti, pull

dont forget to switch the tank canon to air and helis, airships and sky tanks are your main targets.

for defense you can use different type of hull plays:
- small hull + big healer + gold hull later... use sell of small hull for next tier tank
- steel hull + small healer (up to strengh pack) + gold hull... often used by medivacs too

dont forget.. same like thundertank... imba for like 10 mins but weak later, so you need to farm creeps well and focus on air tanks 1on1

thats my experience with this tank... i really like it
Also, the model is awful and doesn't match the Battle Tanks theme.
(2012-02-25, 01:31:54)ssl Wrote: Also, the model is awful and doesn't match the Battle Tanks theme.

Yeah, its the ugliest model I've seen in btanks. Maybe replace it with a different tank or find a better model that looks more btanks like.

Since prog mentioned that they consider to redesign the tank, maybe we get a better model?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tank Mana/Energy Balancing gozo1985 0 2,623 2014-04-25, 02:35:56
Last Post: gozo1985
  Thunder tank BENNIE.FM 8 5,557 2013-02-26, 11:54:04
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Double Mech / Ghost Tank / Antigrav / medivac griffin1987 20 14,541 2012-03-05, 09:33:41
Last Post: 091846
  Ghost Tank Ultimate RaptorXI 15 12,602 2011-06-15, 11:44:26
Last Post: stibi-
  Balancing: Ghost tank, Guard, Demon Althend 28 14,107 2010-03-23, 08:30:53
Last Post: Andibert