Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double meck
I was wondering why double meck is so effective after the nerf.

The thing is that there is a bug on it. Meck was healing 90hp in the past. Now it does 2%hp and 90hp heal on building.

But when meack heal each other, they do 90hp + 2%. That is ridiculous ^__^

So the nerf did nerf the one meck strategy but didn't nerf the double meck one. (at my eyes, the double meck was far more the reason to nerf it)
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Well no, that's not the case.

Code:
if (IsUnitType(target, UNIT_TYPE_HERO)) then
    call SetUnitState(target,UNIT_STATE_LIFE, GetUnitState(target,UNIT_STATE_LIFE)*1.02)
else
    call SetUnitState(target,UNIT_STATE_LIFE, GetUnitState(target,UNIT_STATE_LIFE)+90)
endif

That's all there is happening. It's either one of them, but it cannot be both.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
I guess it was the natural regen that makes me think the 2% count. But shouldn't the 2% affect the meck and not the flat hp?
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
It was not intended to work this way, why I changed it. But I can change this, if this proves to be a solution for the current situation.
(2012-03-03, 18:20:29)Exodus Wrote: It was not intended to work this way, why I changed it. But I can change this, if this proves to be a solution for the current situation.

Sounds to me like it would fix the current situation, as mechs don't have that much hp.
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
Just remove meck-to-meck healing and all problems are gone.
i think "mech-to-mech" healing is ok,but only if both mechs are not from same player

(2012-03-04, 15:34:17)Tez.Sick Wrote: i think "mech-to-mech" healing is ok,but only if both mechs are not from same player

good idea
Or what Fire is suggesting - they can heal each other, but you have to do it manually. I agree with althend who said - if one has enought skill to manualy heal mechs he deserves the double mech advantage.
(2012-03-05, 00:06:32)progg Wrote: Or what Fire is suggesting - they can heal each other, but you have to do it manually. I agree with althend who said - if one has enought skill to manualy heal mechs he deserves the double mech advantage.

... or a good enough piece of software.

I'd prefer having mechs heal at cps and not being able to repair each other at all.
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
Another suggestion: Tech Mech has two abilities, which reduce physical and magical damage by 75%. This effectively increases the HP by 400%.
So I could remove those abilities and increase the HP of the Tech Mech from 500 to 2000. They could still take just as much damage as before, but the 90 HP/s heal wouldn't be as effective anymore (only a fourth to be precise).

EDIT: moved and renamed thread.
Why not make it repeair only 2% on other mechs as well? It will take 50 sec instead of few secs regardless of armor level.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Double Mech / Ghost Tank / Antigrav / medivac griffin1987 20 14,549 2012-03-05, 09:33:41
Last Post: 091846
  Double Mech Still Imbalanced griffin1987 0 1,556 2011-11-19, 22:57:36
Last Post: griffin1987