Poll: Is sieging the enemy base a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, and it is worth taking risks to do so.
50.00%
6 50.00%
Yes. It is worthwhile to try, but only as part of a balanced strategy.
25.00%
3 25.00%
I'm not sure.
0%
0 0%
No, you should focus on CPs and only siege the base if there is no risk.
8.33%
1 8.33%
No, you should only siege the base if your team has captured all CPs.
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is destroying factories good or bad?
It may sound like a stupid question, but please share your input along with any insights you have about when it is or isn't good. Okay so I was in a game with IIILLLIII again, and he really hates it when I siege the enemy base. His philosophy is that you shouldn't siege the base until you have all cps. My philosophy is that if you can destroy factories then you should. I also find that as a weaker player, it's useful to siege the base because it will usually force stronger players to defend. This game it worked out pretty well because I didn't have to die much to destroy the factories. Sometimes (especially when you're losing), it can cause you to feed a little bit. I've posted a replay in case it will help. Yellow dropping was probably the biggest factor in our winning, but I think destroying 3 factories helped earn us some extra income.

53 min - made a couple of attempts to siege the base while at bot
63 min - started to siege more, I think I got a siege pack around this time
65 min - destroyed 1 factory
72 min - destroyed 2 factories
75 min - force income was about 1500
80 min - force income was about 1800
85 min - force income was about 1800
86 min - we start capturing cps

Even with the increased income from destroyed factories, we weren't able to start capturing cps for 21 minutes. I think that IIILLLIII's philosophy about sieging is flawed. I'm hoping to get input from other players about the issue. I know I'm not a good player. I admit that, but am I wrong about this?

Attached Files
.w3g   destroyingfactories.w3g (Size: 3.49 MB / Downloads: 308)
Destroying factories is always good, as long as you don't lose too much while attacking them (cps/die too often). So if you have an ok map awareness and enough mobility, you should go for it, but you should rarely trade factories for cps.

It also helps the underfarmed teammates to stay relevant in the later game, so that is another plus.
I ALWAYS tell people attacking base after capturing an enemy CP that they should attack base ONLY after capturing EVERY cp. Why? Most of the players don't watch the minimap at all and the situation when one team captures the other teams mid CP for example is a perfect time to capture some side CP, because enemy team members try to eat the mid lane towers.
I've seen it so many times that after mid CP is taken, the other team captures one or sometimes even two CPs while the first team is attacking base and cannot react due to distance to next CP.

Another point: Single players trying to siege base are mostly very defenseless against attacks and will die often. And also because they have a long way to heal at CP, they waste a lot of time travelling.

Next up: A single player will need a very long time to take down a factory (which is undoubtly good), but while all that time, the team of that player is playing without him, so in defending situations, team will eventually lose CPs (see above). When first capturing all CPs and then attacking as whole team, one can help out and defend each other and can take down base very rapidly.

Also: One may thing destorying some factorys is good so team can easier capture other CPs because of missing creeps. Thats also not quite the case, because for example when attacking from bottom lane, most of the time you can only destroy the facorty spawning creeps for exactly that lane, but you already have that CP...

Sorry, this will be the last: Destroying factorys early means removing a big amout of bounty every 20sec for your team in exchange to a one time pay of like 300g.
(2012-08-21, 11:09:39)ssl Wrote: Sorry, this will be the last: Destroying factorys early means removing a big amout of bounty every 20sec for your team in exchange to a one time pay of like 300g.

In fact a destroyed factory gives the force 4 times the gold the spawned creeps would give you. The team gets 33% of that, so you still get an overall gold bonus from killing a factory. The longer the game goes, the more advantage a destroyed factory brings in terms of gold income.

Also a single player needs maybe 2 attacks if he is suited for base attacks. For example if you play a strat that already incorporates an advanced siege pack (ghost or air ship+ short range come to mind), you just need a single misstep from the opponents to destroy a factory.
(2012-08-21, 11:23:13)Prog Wrote: In fact a destroyed factory gives the force 4 times the gold the spawned creeps would give you.
Source?

(2012-08-21, 11:23:13)Prog Wrote: For example if you play a strat that already incorporates an advanced siege pack [..], you just need a single misstep from the opponents to destroy a factory.
In which your opponent does not defend well because they capture a CP?Tongue
(2012-08-21, 13:04:52)ssl Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 11:23:13)Prog Wrote: In fact a destroyed factory gives the force 4 times the gold the spawned creeps would give you.
Source?

(2012-08-21, 11:23:13)Prog Wrote: For example if you play a strat that already incorporates an advanced siege pack [..], you just need a single misstep from the opponents to destroy a factory.
In which your opponent does not defend well because they capture a CP?Tongue

1. http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1572
"When destroying a Factory of the enemy base, your Force receives a compensation for the lost creep gold. For each creep, which isn't spawning, because it's factory has been destroyed, your Force receives 4 times the bounty of this creep. The same happens with captured Control Points. "
So hard to look up into the bt mechanics thread?

2. If you have just a bit map awareness (and a teleporter of course) you won't lose a cp when you attack the base.
(2012-08-21, 11:09:39)ssl Wrote: Sorry, this will be the last: Destroying factorys early means removing a big amout of bounty every 20sec for your team in exchange to a one time pay of like 300g.

basics my son, basics ^^
Actually single sieging is very helpfull especially when u are able to survive a fight. In act of desperation it's quiet offen that 2 or even 3 enemies tries to kill you, wich is perfect situation for your mates to capture cp.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  good builds weakDarkness 4 6,745 2011-09-21, 15:21:22
Last Post: bt_brother
  Any Good Stratigy For Medivac? l2kassassisn 1 3,798 2010-12-09, 05:47:26
Last Post: EZEQUIELBW
  Good Helico Start ChatEnChaleur 7 6,279 2008-03-24, 00:13:52
Last Post: ancientsurvivor