Poll: Change tinker cost to 200 gold?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
50.00%
9 50.00%
no
50.00%
9 50.00%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change tinker cost to 200 gold?
I dont like this idea at all. Tinker is fine at the moment, so don't change him. 90% of the Tinkers are failing anyway, so it's not like Tinker is super op. It's just annoying to pay 200g if you wanna switch your tank. It really affects alot of early strategys, not only the Tinker.
Furthermore i think it's fine that Tinker doesn't get killed by 1 lvl 1 Spell. If you coordinate with your mates you can just use 2 skills in a row and kill him, its not that hard. But getting killed at your own cp by one artillery shot is really annoying.
(2012-10-17, 23:07:41)Time2Play Wrote: But getting killed at your own cp by one artillery shot is really annoying

I would welcome to set Tinker HP pre 8.73 - teleport > lvl1 skills.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2012-10-17, 23:07:41)Time2Play Wrote: 90% of the Tinkers are failing anyway, so it's not like Tinker is super op..

This is based on what? because compared to my experience from ranked this is way off.

(2012-10-17, 23:07:41)Time2Play Wrote: It's just annoying to pay 200g if you wanna switch your tank. It really affects alot of early strategys, not only the Tinker.

We talk about 100 gold not 200, if you're too stingy to use 100 gold at swap to tinker just swap straight to tank instead? and if you need the gold from tank sell just sell weapon instead - buy tank - rebuy weapon and 0 gold is lost...

(2012-10-17, 23:07:41)Time2Play Wrote: Furthermore i think it's fine that Tinker doesn't get killed by 1 lvl 1 Spell. If you coordinate with your mates you can just use 2 skills in a row and kill him, its not that hard. But getting killed at your own cp by one artillery shot is really annoying.

this is not true, you need 3 level 1 stuns which is rarely at a mid since tinker can use teleport to dodge 1 skill. This makes it easy for the tinker to stay ranged without dying, if you push him too hard he will just dodge and his mates will cover and get some easy kills because you played too aggresive

@esvau
I hope you mean level 1 skill > tinker? (colours to make althend happy)
sounds fair,
since tinker had his hp raise you have to waste at least 2 skills to get him on lvl 1 (so it is a tank).
Plus his tp which allows him to avoid rocket from heli and light and other cast skills.
and I think it is fair that you cant buy 2800k gold weaps and cptp.
For the tank change I agree with Wupti there are lots of solution to avoid the gold loss and if not you lll loose only 100 gold (-200(buy tink)+100(sell tink)) compare to cptp (75 same kind of price) I dont see the impact on your tech.
Only things you cant do are tinker ice Huh and tinker plus the 3k 1050 range weapons (never see it in game, I did it once for fun so really never used).
(2012-10-19, 00:40:39)Wupti Wrote: @esvau

I've watched ur 5min tinker+ice replay and you need some training evading skills - teleport beats many skills.
And colors make me sadWink
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2012-10-21, 14:32:34)eSVau Wrote:

I've watched ur 5min tinker+ice replay and you need some training evading skills - teleport beats many skills.

Cause you are a sad person!

I was against the tinker hp raise anyway =o

To start to foundation:

200 gold would not penalize tinker with torpedo but all other strategy. Isn't the strat tinker plus torpedo then swap to heli that annoys u?
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
200 might be too much and ruin the current start tactics with tinker (torp and fast start advantage, btw I rarely see tinkers@mid with mech and bombard/other stuff now)... Maybe nerf it's tp or make the cost for tinky 100? I am not sure what to do, maybe this one should stay as he/it is now?

what about some change of the tp skill? like half/ 2/3 the range the tp can do per level, full range port (per lvl) only to allied tanks? Would make the tp ability (slightly) weaker and depend more on tactic/s, ofc this is just a raw suggestion so the numbers are off... not sure about the name of the skill :/Big Grin

maybe nerf its*
languages... how do they work?
Although i wouldn't mind to have all access to the Pilot, it still opens some strategical aspects in the game (defend the Tank Shops if you are controlling the map, I've seen some creations by now with Mines, Pacifista, Spawning Factories, Laser Towers by a Tinker...).
But i have no problems with the current one (more hit points, weaker towers => less feeding at start and less overall creeping at the middle) and still believe that most votes with "yes" intend to get rid off the tinker anway. I would like to seea Tinker realized as a real tank. Still i would only give a positive vote if that included adding him to the random function (and with that, costing cold), then i would welcome some buffs, regarding movement at start (it is only 250 at the moment!) and towers leveling up with upgrades by the Forces.
no

because 200 is to less it should up to 300 but include in random list to so u only can get a tornado if u random it (or w8 a min) like scout if u want a electro which is the best weap for scout in my oppinion or heli if u want a fireball
(2012-10-28, 20:23:37)Crag_Hack Wrote: no

because 200 is to less it should up to 300 but include in random list to so u only can get a tornado if u random it (or w8 a min) like scout if u want a electro which is the best weap for scout in my oppinion or heli if u want a fireball

but the problem of random is, if you dont want this "tank" you have to play with a very weak "tank" without usefull fighting abilitys. I can play the most of the starter tanks very good but i tryed tinker with iron hull and basicmagic and failed hard.Big Grin Because he dont got a Tankcannon.
(2012-10-28, 21:23:06)Perfektionist Wrote:
(2012-10-28, 20:23:37)Crag_Hack Wrote: no

but the problem of random is, if you dont want this "tank" you have to play with a very weak "tank" without usefull fighting abilitys. I can play the most of the starter tanks very good but i tryed tinker with iron hull and basicmagic and failed hard.Big Grin Because he dont got a Tankcannon.

hmm u only loose 150 if u really need another tank, but isnt the point of random that u can play with every tank and if ur lucky u got ur favorite tank/s + gold and if u unlucky u get a worse tank + gold
(2012-10-28, 21:37:26)Crag_Hack Wrote: hmm u only loose 150 if u really need another tank, but isnt the point of random that u can play with every tank and if ur lucky u got ur favorite tank/s + gold and if u unlucky u get a worse tank + gold

But then random misses his point. If the tinker got a starter cannon (maybe his own "EMP granades") he can be added to the random tanks. Then you can play him like every other tank. Now he is only playable with nooby torpedos.
(2012-10-21, 14:32:34)eSVau Wrote:

since my mouse is broken it was impossible to dodge when it suddenly disable right in the moment wheni wanted to teleport (my mouse sucks, wire is loseSad ) which made it almost impossible to play, but coulndt refuse since u asked me toSmile
Try Scout + Machinegun! Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Average game length - options for change Exodus 29 27,843 2015-07-13, 07:33:49
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  [8.80c] Troop items cost no mana. They should? AeroniumX 1 3,144 2015-05-29, 16:50:45
Last Post: 91846
  Player Creeps/Buildings Gold gozo1985 2 3,250 2013-05-24, 20:07:55
Last Post: gozo1985
  gold for the guard Perfektionist 4 4,921 2013-03-21, 20:05:59
Last Post: Perfektionist
  Tinker exploder dirtyterror 43 30,323 2013-01-25, 16:00:57
Last Post: Jason