Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Revive BTanks
MAKE BTANKS BETTER!
Hello Exodus.

I would like to run a few things by you to see what you think. I was lucky enough to be a part of (in my opinion) the best team based internet game ever. socom 1 and socom 2. Im sure you have heard of Gamebattles.com?

Well it all started with a guy that made a website to keep track of clan matches for socom and grew into what you see today.

None of it would be possible without the awesome fun that comes from CLANS teamwork and competition. I watched socombattles grow into a million$$ website in just a few short years and I can't help but get a familar feel when playing/exploring your game/website.

Recently (just a couple hours ago) I was banned for flaming and having a 25 minute bad game. I really dont have a problem with that, I was being a bit cunty to the players I was playing with BUT not without reason.

All online games have there trolls flamers and just plain jerks that like to be keyboard warriors, but by the nature of btanks it seems to promote much higer %% of poor sports and JERKS! If you get killed just a few times you could fall behind and get STOMPED FLAMED BOOTED and even BANNED!? after just a few games most gamers will give up and play something else never getting the full experience and knowing what a great game btanks is.

I believe that we can fix this issue by learning from what made socom/gamebattles great! You clearly already have the right idea with the QUALIFY and RANKED rooms, whats missing is the full clan experience. Making friends/Clans and competing against others for top spots on the ladder. Being able to goto the website and search the recruiting thread for new potential team members.I would love to see you guys grow and have competitive ladders full of clans which would help spread your game viral through the web. RANKED rooms could replace/coexist with private passworded rooms where you can duke it out with team mates you can trust. Also I do see a point to randomizing the teams like call of duty mercenary mode but I believe we need rooms with pick teams. In my opinion thats the best element of the game. TEAMWORK and STRATEGY

None of this seems possible to me with the current set up. Your community has many spoiled apple that clearly love your game but cant spot rotting out any newcomers that would like to give it a try, Even your own staff BAN new players for having bad games with complete strangers(WHY shoudl some1 have good chemistry with a complete stranger!?).seems kinda self destruction to me? I love what you and your team have done with this game but I would love even more to compete on a well populated tankbattles ladder.

OK before I ramble on to much more I would like to hear what you think? Maybe we should turn this into a thread? see what the people think after we bounce some ideas back and fourth? This game is a goldmine my friend and I would love to help you hit gold!!

EXODUS-Hey,

I have to say that I'd love to see something like this .... but even I have to say, that is most likely not possible anymore with BT. This game is over 7 years old and its community is (together with Wc3's) shrinking by the day.
We organized a big tournament this year and even though there were money prices to be had, we struggeled to get 16 teams together (not even clans). There were clan matches back in the day and they were great fun. Now some old clans have been put together to have at least one active clan and meeting point.

Although it would be great to have something like this, I fear that the effort would just not be worth it anymore. Unless you know of some kind of magic way to revitalize the community somehow
It just so happens I know of such a way. I call it the facebook machine heres the scoop.

You make a facebook account fake/real/group... W,E your max friend list is 5000 ppl.

Your Goal is reach 5000 FB friends, This can be done with teh help of your community all joining and sharing the page as much as possible/ link droping any and everywhere they can to spread the word.

As you grow closer to 5000 things start to go on auto pilot, example if you have 100 FB friends each and every one of those friend will most likely have 100-500 friends of there own. Any time they interact with your page their friends will be exposed to your page.

So to round things off lets so we reach our goal of 5000 facebook friends all with 100 friends of their own. That puts you in contact potentially with atleast 50,000 people.

Now

with your 5000 friend account you create a fan page and you blast that page with videos pictures threads any and everything you can think of to bring attention to your page. its not unrealistic to reach over 50,000 fans for your page.

using the same rule as before 50,000 times 100 friends each that puts you in contact with potentially 1 million people.

With your community you can achieve this but not without effort. You guys have come a very long way not to give this a shot.

During this facebook campaign it would be vital to take hints from the way gamebattles has there community set up. The way they organize thier websites ladders is extremely addicting and you could find yourself a self made millionaire after just a few years bro.

If any of this is to work we need to come up with a more noob friendly environment thats forsure what do you think?
One more thing I forgot to add. You can connect the Facebook account and fanpage to twitter/youtube your website and many other social networking sites to reach even more people at a much accelerated pace

~edit by admin~ caps are bad (title)
wouldn't have hurt to use quote tags or to simply do some researching before suggestion to put up a facebook page we've already got since quite a time ago.
http://www.facebook.com/BattleTanks

also keep in mind that printing PM's will most likely not encourage the other party from supporting this idea. @topic: i share the same thoughts about this as Exodus.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
(2012-12-07, 22:45:58)Saiyuki Wrote: wouldn't have hurt to use quote tags or to simply do some researching before suggestion to put up a facebook page we've already got since quite a time ago.
http://www.facebook.com/BattleTanks

also keep in mind that printing PM's will most likely not encourage the other party from supporting this idea. @topic: i share the same thoughts about this as Exodus.

I am a noob when it comes to these things man sorry. I did find that facebook page but if you hadnt noticed its not exactly being takin care of. There ONE picture of what the map used to look like 3 years ago??? your comment seems negative and worthless.

try leaving a positive comment, Think of something that might help the cause!!!
seriously one topic is enough, i just deleted two other topics. do not expect any sort of support from my side, too. we'll keep this one open though. happy discussing.

_edited: "any sort of support from my side"
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
(2012-12-07, 22:56:32)Saiyuki Wrote: seriously one topic is enough, i just deleted two other topics. do not expect any sort of my side, too. we'll keep this one open though. happy discussing.

"do not expect any sort of my side" what does this mean?
Thats one problem of ranked games... people cant play together if they want because of ranked teams = no clans.

And privategames are no options because noone will join publicgames without hostbot :S
(2012-12-08, 01:24:23)Perfektionist Wrote: And privategames are no options because noone will join publicgames without hostbot :S

Even a host bot won't help much cause of the way the wc3 custom game list (properly) works. It just contains a limited amount of open games, sorted by ping and country (last one applies for europe and that sorting sucks hard).
Now lets takes all those 50+ BGN hosting bots, hosting plenty of not played games, rehosting every few minutes and filling the game list almost by itself. And it's not the only hosting bot out there...
So rehosting and better pings make those hosted games makes them stay always on game list, even so the never fills up.

At least blizzard made custom game listing even worse with the last patchesTongue

For private games i advice joining channel clan bta on nothrend (europe)
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2012-12-08, 02:02:51)eSVau Wrote:
(2012-12-08, 01:24:23)Perfektionist Wrote: And privategames are no options because noone will join publicgames without hostbot :S

Even a host bot won't help much cause of the way the wc3 custom game list (properly) works. It just contains a limited amount of open games, sorted by ping and country (last one applies for europe and that sorting sucks hard).
Now lets takes all those 50+ BGN hosting bots, hosting plenty of not played games, rehosting every few minutes and filling the game list almost by itself. And it's not the only hosting bot out there...
So rehosting and better pings make those hosted games makes them stay always on game list, even so the never fills up.

At least blizzard made custom game listing even worse with the last patchesTongue

For private games i advice joining channel clan bta on nothrend (europe)

but i never saw a real clan with clantag playing bt ranked. Only two players with "Bash" (Bash-Michi) infront of her names. Idk if this is a actual clan?
The problem is we need a good website like gamebattles. Like i said in my post, Gamebattles started out very small with as just SocomBattles.com. This forum is good but its missing the other half. We need a ladder. The facebook idea will work 100% if we just can find the right people to do it. Also i forgot to mention you connect the facebook with twitter,youtube and obv the website. which would accelerate the process GREATLY

we need the rigth people to step up and take on this project i speak off. BTANKS is a great game. In my opinion its better then league of legends and if we do what i speak of hear in this thread we can generate the founds through donations and selling things like btanks t shirts or w,e else .
What is this ladder you keep talking about? We already have a fine elo based ranking system that keeps track of the stats of everyone who plays ranked. And what's with this multimillion dollar stuff you keep talking about? this is just a hobby for most people, nobody really cares about making money off it.

I read the ban request on you including the chat log, and aside from demonstrating that you have a very bad attitude towards other people, it also shows you have a very limited grasp of this game. I suggest you stop putting up a contradictory front, acting all nice and enthusiastic on the forum and then being a total jerk in games isn't going to get you anywhere.
(2012-12-08, 07:11:12)UnifiedDoom Wrote: What is this ladder you keep talking about? We already have a fine elo based ranking system that keeps track of the stats of everyone who plays ranked. And what's with this multimillion dollar stuff you keep talking about? this is just a hobby for most people, nobody really cares about making money off it.

I read the ban request on you including the chat log, and aside from demonstrating that you have a very bad attitude towards other people, it also shows you have a very limited grasp of this game. I suggest you stop putting up a contradictory front, acting all nice and enthusiastic on the forum and then being a total jerk in games isn't going to get you anywhere.

you have no idea what you are talking about. Have you ever been to gamebattles.com?

It would be nice to have a ladder to compete on like they do

To be able to have clan matches 5v5 between two teams that all know each other and have practised many hours together

A well populated forum to recruit from and set up skirmish matches

randoms games are a good idea but it would be nice to have a pick teams bot aswell so we can play with our friends.

bottom line like exodus said none of this seems possible we simply do not have the numbers. Which is exactly what I want to help fix.

I used to compete online in socom 2 with a ladder populated by 100s of clans and Ive never had more fun gaming and it was all becuase some guy made a website to keep track of clan battles. It started VERY small but quickly grew, I know that the people working hard to update this game are more qualified to make this happen for btanks.

he called it socom battles and he made himself into a millionaire doing something that he loved to do. which im sure the btanks mappers and Developers wouldnt mind doing for themselves!? why wouldnt you encourage them!?

Clearly im here becuase I enjoy there game and the same goes for you so I am sorry about my foul mouth chat log but after playing with so many rude gamers that btanks has to offer my patience was on a very short fuse. I have played with you before doom and Ive seen you flame people so dont act innocent, further more doom yes the ranking system is fine how it is but isnt this why they made this forum? to get feedback and suggestions?

I didnt make this thread to bicker, I want to know whos willing if any to help populate this game before its to late.

We need a member of staff to update the facebook page create twiiter and youtube accounts and link them all togetehr. Then encourage all of us to upload our best/ favorite games (edited of course to make it interesting) and just to be very active on them in order to attract NEW PEOPLE.

If no1 agrees with any of this thats fine to. Its just a suggestion.... lol Id love to see this game in the main stream
Isnt the MAIN problem, that wc3 itself ISNT popular anymore? Who u wanna reach with such Facebook, Twitter etc. groups?
This game are playing oldschool/veteran guys, or just "underage" kids (isnt it like that?) so i doubt "we" could reach such a variety of ppl like u supposed to do. Your effort in such idea is to respect, but at least in my mind unrealistic.
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3062

^^ alot of people seem to be excited about his work, Im one of those people. I believe he needs help and what I explain above would help. I dont have the time to do any of this stuff and Its not my place to do it anyways. Im just hoping that the staff hears me and gives it a shot.

Yes WC3 is dead but its also only 20$$ at walmart and I think its well worth 20$$ to play btanks, I did just a coupel months ago. Like is said obv were running out of time but it can be done. YOu grossly under estimate teh power of facebook, twitter and youtube.

IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME!!! just like gamebattles man look into it

If the btanks staff can find the time to come out with new updates and maintain this forum I believe its possible to take care of a facebook twitter and youtube account as well. This forum seems to have a good amount of dedicated gamers that Im sure would be willing to like/share on facebook, comment on videos and tweet/retweet.

this will generate newcomers to the game and its really not that much effort at all!! People already contribute to this forum so much , why not put half the effort into somthing that could revive the community
The main reason why btanks is dying is due to games like this (see replay) happens way too often. With no online administrators that can ban like at ucbot or other legibots people simply act like idiots because it takes too long to get people banned (i know admins are busy, and it's not their fault) But would've been nice with some admins in games which could prevent shit like this from happening, and obvious be objective in their jugdeging and not subjective. If people then disagree with the admins they can go post it here instead and then some other admins can tke look at it. Not vice versa like it is now, simply too bad a system in my opinion.

Attached Files
.w3g   LastReplay.w3g (Size: 1.01 MB / Downloads: 234)
(2012-12-10, 00:42:53)Wupti Wrote: The main reason why btanks is dying is due to games like this (see replay) happens way too often. With no online administrators that can ban like at ucbot or other legibots people simply act like idiots because it takes too long to get people banned (i know admins are busy, and it's not their fault) But would've been nice with some admins in games which could prevent shit like this from happening, and obvious be objective in their jugdeging and not subjective. If people then disagree with the admins they can go post it here instead and then some other admins can tke look at it. Not vice versa like it is now, simply too bad a system in my opinion.

I agree the system does need work. With that said I think I have to point out that they have done a great job so far and I wouldnt want to offended any1 that put in time and effort!

Still some change is needed, I believe that more strict punishment should be handed out to the players that scare away new Gamers. There is a steep learning curve but whats worse is players FLAMING HARD at people TRYING TO LEARN!

Exodus is right "the game is 7 years old and dying along with WC3"

without the magic of the facebook machine Btanks days are numbered!
(2012-12-10, 00:42:53)Wupti Wrote: The main reason why btanks is dying is due to games like this (see replay) happens way too often. With no online administrators that can ban like at ucbot or other legibots people simply act like idiots because it takes too long to get people banned (i know admins are busy, and it's not their fault) But would've been nice with some admins in games which could prevent shit like this from happening, and obvious be objective in their jugdeging and not subjective. If people then disagree with the admins they can go post it here instead and then some other admins can tke look at it. Not vice versa like it is now, simply too bad a system in my opinion.

I've started warning people in game: like "another flame/insult will archieve you a ban" most people ignore me and continue with their shit - well, some coming back crying why the can't join anymore Tongue

Did i mentioned we no longer require velo to ban people?
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2012-12-10, 01:37:14)eSVau Wrote: Did i mentioned we no longer require velo to ban people?

Well, you are an admin, so why couldn't you ban someone if he does not respect the rules? In this thread it's about league dying, but i prefer less players with good behaviour and good spirit in game than a lot of morons playing this game.
(2012-12-10, 02:49:40)Max Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 01:37:14)eSVau Wrote: Did i mentioned we no longer require velo to ban people?

Well, you are an admin, so why couldn't you ban someone if he does not respect the rules? In this thread it's about league dying, but i prefer less players with good behaviour and good spirit in game than a lot of morons playing this game.

Your missing my point completely. The ladder would sort out the good from the bad and you give every player a feedback rating. The top teams will obv move to the top of teh ladder, if there immature flaming cunts then every1 can give them bad rating to label them as said cunts. From there we could ban or punish those cunts how ever admins see fit.

The ladder would allow you to see teams skill level easy by just viewing there win loss record/ who they have defeated or lost to . So that you know what your up against. We could even come up with creative ways to to match finder and sort by skill level once the ladder is populated enough.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More active promotion of Btanks BtankNoob 9 7,391 2014-03-28, 15:51:16
Last Post: stibi-
  BTanks League RANKED #30003 cant Join Bot Userkiller 0 2,203 2012-04-27, 17:10:20
Last Post: Userkiller
  Btanks 8,70 ver why cannot kick feeder a10tank 2 2,690 2010-08-04, 21:41:43
Last Post: eSVau
  Can't join btanks beta league games x-jimi 1 1,820 2010-04-17, 13:42:55
Last Post: x-jimi
  Remove HB from BTanks ? Lavias 7 4,377 2009-11-19, 15:20:06
Last Post: Paladon