Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring back the shorter games that lasted LESS than 1 hour
It seems like every fucking btanks game takes about 1-2 hours. It's very rare to get a game below 1 hour nowadays. As I don't calculate a game to last 2 hours as I have some other businesses it's quite annoying to leave the game at the very end and ruin the "way to long" games.

1 year ago the average game wasn't often 2 hours long, at least very rare to my personal experience. It seems like the balancing of the map did extend the gameplay to last longer than usual. I don't know what balances should be made when a team is loosing advantage. If a team loses all factories, they can infact in many games totally turn the game around and push back the enemy team and destroy their base... after almost 3 hours. That's way to long for a single game imo and I feel discomfort about wasting hours on a single game that should be shorter.

Also a formula that also is affected your kills/deaths should be removed it did extend the gameplay in everyways and made the game unnecessary long. I liked how the bounty formula was like in 8.15, it was without kills/deaths and the games back then was shorter even without the HB times.

Suggestions:
  • Make the upgrade effect be improved upon capturing additional CP's / Greater upgrade loss for enemy team
  • Make the bonus gold upon killing enemy factories be greater to make the "very slow turnaround games" not last +2 hours.
  • Fix the kills/death bounty formula?
  • Other suggestions??

*This is not a bring back HB thread, no it's bring back the short games thread.
Current last league game times (with teams balanced by points):

#9930: 41m57s
#9929: 35m38s
#9927: 1h29m9s
#9926: 1h14m6s
#9925: 59m49s
#9924: 1h3m33s
#9923: 2h27m42s
#9922: 1h42m44s
#9921: 1h26m50s
#9920: 51m31s
#9919: 1h7m40s
#9918: 1h50m38s
#9917: 47m50s
#9916: 45m35s
#9915: 58m50s
[...]

Also the average gamelength of my league games:
http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=158 - 49m27s
http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=1965 - 55m23s

I think it is obvious that I can not agree with you.

PS: kill/deaths have nearly no influence on bounty in league mode.
sudden death/optional mode:

after 1h gametime the structures lose 20% of their current hp every 5mins and stop at 20%. :mrgreen:
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Most League-Games does not take longer than 1 Hour, because most times, at least one team has NO teamplay. Thats because I am not playing Leaguegames very often Sad
I think the main reason of your impression of "long games" is that league is public.

TKF Wrote:It seems like every fucking btanks game takes about 1-2 hours. It's very rare to get a game below 1 hour nowadays. As I don't calculate a game to last 2 hours as I have some other businesses it's quite annoying to leave the game at the very end and ruin the "way to long" games.

1 year ago the average game wasn't often 2 hours long, at least very rare to my personal experience. It seems like the balancing of the map did extend the gameplay to last longer than usual. I don't know what balances should be made when a team is loosing advantage. If a team loses all factories, they can infact in many games totally turn the game around and push back the enemy team and destroy their base... after almost 3 hours. That's way to long for a single game imo and I feel discomfort about wasting hours on a single game that should be shorter

*This is not a bring back HB thread, no it's bring back the short games thread.

I dont know if at that time you played most public or private, but for me it is quite the same except when teams are unbalanced which is hard now in league because of balanced "elo".

I think that what lacks is players with experience of siege. Most public players, including me, make a lot of mistakes sieging base. Not to add that if you ennemies had a bad teamplay to defend cp, when they are under siege they are forced to be in the same place : their base. So it turns out with 5 vs 1,2,3
because when you siege u think you are overpowered and most of the time you rush and forget teamplay.
People are not used to play siege packs, factory tp breaker and orbital to end game and overrun with creeps for example.
Most of the time as I said they go for weapons thinking they are kings of the map, which with no teamplay and some mistakes could turn the game in a "long boring game".

Prog Wrote:Current last league game times (with teams balanced by points):

Also the average gamelength of my league games:
http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=158 - 49m27s
http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=1965 - 55m23s

I think it is obvious that I can not agree with you.

I agree with Prog on that my average time of play is : 1h1m56s!
and as i said i lack skills in end game. (maybe in all game :lol: , but I think siege in public games with no strong teamplay is the hard part)
I'm not talking about the league as it's not the only games being played as the league games are hoax I'm not registered into it. I play only regular. As the league is beta and temporary I will not register into it until it resets and becomes official. It's still beta.

No game should last longer than 45 min imo. They are way to long! That's the point of the thread not disagreeing that the games are short enough they aren't. My average games is about 1:15.
Long games indicates well balanced teamsTongue
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
I disagree with both points.

1.) I have noticed and experienced an overall dramatic increase in how long games last
2.) Time length of a game is not merely a reflection of well balanced teams. I've been in many recent games where the game was over for 30-60 minutes before they finally ended it.

You know what games didn't take 2 hours? 5K HB
| sry..
v

xenocide85 Wrote:You know what games didn't take 2 hours? 5K HB

5K HB = beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep in my ears..

xenocide85 Wrote:You know what games didn't take 2 hours? 5K HB

No, Battle Tanks 8.15.
oh good point... and 5K HB
I still thinks the bonus you get is a bit low.
imo, its too long. league is league, the averange time is a bit lower, because of leavers and not good teamplay and not 100% balanced games.

but if we look at priv games, i dont remember game which took less than 1h. its usually closer to 2h than 1h. ppl just get too bored after so long time. at least me.

hb, or more than 3k gold start isnt solution. its just like starting game not from 1st minute, but from 15min.

problem is that last 30?min. that sieging loosers base. if they are not noobs(and y, they cant be, since its balanced priv game), its not so easy. only way is to get carefully to their base, use orbital, siege, and all skills on base, then run b with tp, hoping that opponents dont have enough hp and skills to tp to u and take point. and after 40sec, after cd, repeat it. untill u and your team finally win, or do mistake and start losing points.

guys who att ofc have more income per 5 min for owning more points and more facs in base(if they destroyed some). they also have more creeps. but in late game killing creeps is not a problem, and it is always more gold.
also defenders have easier task. they can camp, and have towers and repairing factories to help them. attacking team cant for example camp. its not possible to tp to opponents base.
Huh? Didn't quite follow you there...

My point was that HB 5K games were faster because the rewards for actions are higher, and so the the whole process of killing a creep and putting it's 28 cents in your piggy bank so that one day you'll have 10k is avoided. One of the Devs argued that the reason for the longer game time is because the teams are more balanced. I disagree with this, and argue that many times, teams are not balanced and unless key players leave, the fate of many league beta games are determined 20, 30 sometimes 40 minutes before they actually end. It's just b/c the rewards are lower, and everyone is saving pennies to buy a titan, that it takes so damn long to finally put the nail in the coffin.
sorry. hb is not like starting from 10 min. its 5k gold start, which is like removing a first few min from game.
hb and any increasing bounty isnt good solution, cauz it makes big difference between good and worse players. anyway hb was just mode. we talk here about too long normal ( or league/pro) mode, not hb, which had his topics already.

im 100% same as TKF said. that team which is winning game, should have just a little bit more profit than its now. so it make shorter the last peroid of the game.
maybe make towers and buldings a bit weaker, when team has no points. or allow tp to enemies base. or maybe facs will heal a bit slower when no points. i have no idea. but imho, sth should be done with it
If the "pro" and "league" modes last too long for you guys, just play "Normal". Or "Beginner" (-> Increased bounty and income as well).
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
tkm improve ur skills to beat the other team under 1h or even host games with hb mode ^^ then 1 player is overfeed and will end the gaem fast if he know how to do !!!

the other way to get more money after 1h from buildings kills etc is bad idea ... the team who is leading after 1 hour will probaly win !!!
Multiacc will get u better Teammates maybe, but u still unskilled as before. !!
True Story
In a well balanced league game, it will last really long and sometimes I cannot keep playing for 1 and half hours or 2 sometimes. It is just too long. There should be a new bot hosting game with shorter times.
I got starcraft 2 for FREE.YOU CAN TOO! You can get paypal, ipod, and more for free. CLICK LINK

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MagicKinz

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just a thought to get more ranked games BENNIE.FM 5 4,628 2013-03-06, 16:37:31
Last Post: Max
  8.72 Beta 3 bot = horrible games UnifiedDoom 2 3,035 2010-10-02, 19:59:44
Last Post: Velocity2k
  bring back votekick! sabre_of_pain 32 17,306 2010-08-07, 08:48:35
Last Post: Libertarianism
  egregious deliberate feeding. plz ban. plz bring back kick bE3r 6 4,017 2010-08-05, 08:12:26
Last Post: bE3r
  Can't join btanks beta league games x-jimi 1 1,848 2010-04-17, 13:42:55
Last Post: x-jimi