Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleport Beacon
BENNIE.FM Wrote:teleport beacon to cheap imba
Totally agree to that, I mainly use it to capture CPs really easy. It is WAY cheap an gives you three advantages:
- It reduces capture time to like 8 seconds.
- In 1v1 situations, it absorbs 50% of enemy weapon damage, which is awesome.
- If you do some teamwork, you can make your whole team port in and capture in like 4 or 5 seconds.

I don't like the idea of making it more expensive, what about making it not buy-able at enemy CP?
I splitted the BT 8.73 topic and used ssl's post as the initial one.

Well how about this: shorter duration and magic immunity

That way, you couldn't use it as damage tank anymore (altough the HP are pretty low right now).
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
what about a few sec delay before you can port in / takes longer to build?
hi the teleport beacon i dont like to much but if its in bt got to live with it however 250 is much cheap there should me some risky of loosing money in this 250 is to cheap btw teleport beacons is just an advantage for to short range tanks -_- and troops also how about the cost of teleport beacon goes up by 50 gold every upgrade ?cause the later it gets into the game more powerful this is and cps how about starting at 500 so by an hour it will cost 1000 gold

--

sorry but just my view beacon stuffs bt over should be hosted on 8.72 in privs we dont use beacons because we all know its just overpowered
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Really the teleport beacon is crap. Making the game faster, ok but removing the strategy of it; no! Btanks is about range, movement. Now tjhere is not even need of coordination. All wait in cp, one guy buy teleport beacon and all telep... Once pub realised it, the game will be never the same anymore. The teamplay is more and more important but it reaches a situation where individual skill will be worthless. (actually it is really hard to win a game when 3-4 players are feeding/nto teamplaying in ur team. Teleport beacon make it even more impossible)

People can use factory to do that kind of assault. the price of the fact and the need of the free slot and the ability of enemies to spot your inventory could balance it at least. The teleport beacon is just so cheap and make low range weapon more unbalanced than ever.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Over two month beta + few days 8.73 only on qualify and now you come and complain? Quite a bad joke...
I have to admit I played a few game beta. the problem as that it was hard to gather people to start the game T_T
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Velocity2k Wrote:Over two month beta + few days 8.73 only on qualify and now you come and complain? Quite a bad joke...

'not really , it seems that the map making team from every 3 months per update shorter to 1 month per new update = that is good thing , faster reply and etc
a better improvement .... go go go btank updates .... new updates , new tanks , new weapons ,,, come more new update (go battle tank developers cheer )
continued make the beta can be play multplayer so that we can spot the bugs and pm you for fixing , go btank go btank . thank you for the new updates
(if really a new update , they need to go 3 x faster than usual , it seems unreasonable to force them to go 3x faster)
The purpose of Teleport beacon is to make your team able to capture enemy CP's.

I haven't played much games and hasn't seen teleport beacon being properly used yet, but 250 gold sounds wayyyy to cheap in my ears.

Make it cost at least 750-1000 gold. 250 gold sounds like a joke and is a cheap payoff for a quick organized teleport attack. I can see why someone is saying it's overpowered at that price. Or as Exodus suggested, making it spell immune and maybe last for 20 seconds or so? Still 250 gold with that change will be to cheap imo.
Velocity2k Wrote:Over two month beta + few days 8.73 only on qualify and now you come and complain? Quite a bad joke...
nothing more to sayConfusedhock:
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
HRMM yea its true that there was two month beta process i never played much because i look for more quality games its just a thought 250 for a beacon sorry as btanks players and mappers you never thought this was a bit slight of?

anyhow maybe the players should take more responsibility about the beta phase and get more responses its true this is a major fault but i still i don't see how something can cost 250 with such a great power to influence the game via cps btw this just benefits more short range and troop strats
Two month and the only thing about tp beacon was a bug which allowed to build it more than once - sorry, that i have huge trouble sympathizing with comments nowBig Grin
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
beta sux!! how to play and test when 50% of the games ar full of very unskilled people and end till the 30mins mark is reached???
anyway it fills to slow.

it's not the fail of the community only.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
1. If it is so obviously imbalanced as some here say, it would have been easy to just read the beta changelog and open the map only once in single player/join 1 game and then comment on it. It's not like you'd have to play 20 games to notice a new building and its price.

2. Even if it is (probably too) cheap, it's not like you can build it super-easily. Defenders need to be more careful now and watch the minimap better than ever.
Prog Wrote:1. If it is so obviously imbalanced as some here say, it would have been easy to just read the beta changelog and open the map only once in single player/join 1 game and then comment on it. It's not like you'd have to play 20 games to notice a new building and its price.

2. Even if it is (probably too) cheap, it's not like you can build it super-easily. Defenders need to be more careful now and watch the minimap better than ever.

but this seems to me the most unbalanced bt version in recent times 8.72c was nearly perfect bt price and just the thought of short range troops benefiting from this only sucks
BENNIE.FM Wrote:
Prog Wrote:1. If it is so obviously imbalanced as some here say, it would have been easy to just read the beta changelog and open the map only once in single player/join 1 game and then comment on it. It's not like you'd have to play 20 games to notice a new building and its price.

but this seems to me the most unbalanced bt version in recent times 8.72c was nearly perfect bt price and just the thought of short range troops benefiting from this only sucks
more like this is call problem fixing long range + heli is so common i guess mappers have to give some ways for short ranges to win or get a few kills , you can call it balancing
So here is my opinion: We can change the beacon in the next version. And i'm quite sure we will do so.

BUT till the next one you will have to live with the current one. And it's not only the devs fault.
The community failed too. So nobody should complain - instead make suggestions for improvements.
Velocity2k Wrote:So here is my opinion: We can change the beacon in the next version. And i'm quite sure we will do so.

BUT till the next one you will have to live with the current one. And it's not only the devs fault.
The community failed too. So nobody should complain - instead make suggestions for improvements.

which community?
they all are in bnet.. don't even care about this page and blog.
there are thousands registrated on this page and how much are writing?
10% of it at max!

the ppl who play beta are willing to play.. not to test as priority. and those who enter it are most times unknown or got no feeling for bt and all it's features.
i believe it's very hard to say someone failed... i would say: too less care!
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
AGGInator Wrote:
Velocity2k Wrote:So here is my opinion: We can change the beacon in the next version. And i'm quite sure we will do so.

which community?
they all are in bnet.. don't even care about this page and blog.
there are thousands registrated on this page and how much are writing?
10% of it at max!

the ppl who play beta are willing to play.. not to test as priority. and those who enter it are most times unknown or got no feeling for bt and all it's features.
i believe it's very hard to say someone failed... i would say: too less care!
it doesn't change the fact that you need to live with it until the next version which may take again several weeks and/or months to be completed.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Well, I certainly won't take that long for the most urgent issues right now. I'll release a b version, which adresses those issue and maybe additional bugs in a week or two.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beacon Max 0 1,925 2014-04-16, 13:50:01
Last Post: Max
  Teleport out of range RikonVan 9 7,929 2013-09-06, 08:21:54
Last Post: RikonVan
  Teleport Beacon Perfektionist 7 6,075 2012-10-30, 14:13:54
Last Post: Dr.xD
  Teleport time RikonVan 4 3,770 2012-06-01, 17:50:00
Last Post: El_Polacco
  Balancing teleport costs RikonVan 13 8,656 2011-11-29, 00:17:42
Last Post: progg