Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please change or cancel bot auto-kick
Some people, like "zasranets3" always get auto-kick due to 400+ ping.
But 400 ping is "OK", i.e. it is playable.
In fact I can play even with 600 ping, just change tactics and use different tanks (like HT instead of Gobo, and such...) -- I know as previously I had sucker's Internet connection too...

Please cancel auto-kick -or- up the auto-kick ping to around 1000.

-RAF Fenix
I think 1000 pushingBig Grin maybe 400 what is it currently 250?
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
I'm against that.

You may want to play with that ping, but others don't.

And if you got a high ping, others will also get increased delays due to the way wc3 network sync works (it can become very annoying for people like me who mostly have a half-ping of < 25ms). Also, your ping normally only gets worse ingame, and as bot halves displayed ping times, when it displays 400, you already have 800ms ping - if your net is fine, you actually shouldn't have more than about 340ms real ping time anywhere around the world ; even considering bad routing and additional hops a ping of more than 400 shouldn't be, far from 800ms.

I still remember some people complaining "can't play with my 3G mobile" - really, you don't play online games via mobile phone internetBig Grin

Cheers
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
500 ping should be the new standard
Really, it is unfair to kick people just because they have slightly higher ping, and many people do play over 3G networks. (I did, when was traveling for several weeks)
Asking every few month won't change the facts - it WONT gonna happen that we gonna ruin the experience of all players just because one does have an awful internet connection which isn't suited in any way for real time online application/games.
250ms is bad enough - i notice the presence of a player with >150ms, so no thanks Tongue

http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=4050

P.S.: i'm still impressed how bennie manages to play so well *meow*
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2014-03-17, 18:22:32)RAF_Fenix Wrote: ...Really, it is unfair to kick people just because they have slightly higher ping,...

"Slightly" difference between 30ms and 500 ms oO ??
You compare a slug with f**** Usain Bolt!
250 is generous mate

(2014-03-17, 12:12:24)griffin1987 Wrote: I'm against that.

You may want to play with that ping, but others don't.

And if you got a high ping, others will also get increased delays due to the way wc3 network sync works (it can become very annoying for people like me who mostly have a half-ping of < 25ms). Also, your ping normally only gets worse ingame, and as bot halves displayed ping times, when it displays 400, you already have 800ms ping - if your net is fine, you actually shouldn't have more than about 340ms real ping time anywhere around the world ; even considering bad routing and additional hops a ping of more than 400 shouldn't be, far from 800ms.

I still remember some people complaining "can't play with my 3G mobile" - really, you don't play online games via mobile phone internetBig Grin

Cheers

What he said if your already playing with 250ms your really playing with 500ms i live on the opposite side of the world and don't get over 250 so i am sure most players are from euro and u.s with decent internet and closer proximity.

I forgot about this so really only someone with 8ms has 16 and someone with 160 has 320 ?^Big Grin

Thanks esvau im sure all could play fine with my delaySmile
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [feature-request] Auto upload game replays RAF_Fenix 26 16,257 2014-04-15, 15:25:33
Last Post: eSVau
  pls change elo system galadion1 13 7,605 2013-12-27, 12:09:23
Last Post: Althend
  Admin: Please remove bot auto-kick RAF_Fenix 2 3,359 2013-11-23, 18:18:52
Last Post: RAF_Today_Hero
  kick from league admin Tez.Sick raven.ru 11 8,716 2013-10-30, 11:34:54
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Please cancel this league game... GodStrongArms 0 1,312 2013-05-20, 20:24:59
Last Post: GodStrongArms