Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Average game length - options for change
(2014-05-17, 19:08:41)Exodus Wrote: [...]

I was a little suprised to learn, that is has been going up for a long time now, with the latest version at its peak. I guess this calls for some action. How drastic this action will be and in what direction it will go, will still have to be determined. Use this chance for your input guys!

One possible explanation is that it has to do with the fact that people rarely buy 3k-6k gold tanks anymore. The uncalled airship speed nerf plus being a tank so heavily countered by storm tank made it pretty much disappear completely (because the speed was the thing that made it useful). Furthermore the power of strength pack was popularized making it very easy to go start tank -> lategametank without being punishable by the burst tanks of the midgame (thunder and heavy). Distributer being a start tank with a build in counterspell against Thunder and Heavy spells is also problematic. The result is that very early on people have huge amounts of hp with little damage, creating passive play.

I think that it is pretty obvious that currently the best way to play is skipping 3k-6k tanks and we need to change that somehow.

Currently my suggestions would be to:
-Nerf strength pack and negator pack heavily.
-Redesign the Storm Tank to be less of a hard counter to Airship.
-Redesign the distributer W.
-Change the Airship speed passive back (and the drones).
-Buff the Alchimist.
-Make netlauncher goldcost scale with game (or just more expensive overall).

Nerfing strength pack and negator pack makes it less cost efficient to go start tank -> demon (or similar).

Storm tank and Airship changes promote fast paced tanks that create chances to gank side lanes and capture cps in midgame. These are also tanks that can win due to good movement which is something I miss currently, because the mid-lategame is mostly dominated by tanky, immobile (without teleporter) ground tanks (earth, hunter, demon). A Storm Tank change is also needed for this, because, as far as I know, it is suicide to get Air Ship in side lanes when the opponent is still on his starting tank. He'll just change to Storm and destroy you with a cheaper tank.

Alchimist is just overall weak and fits into the tanks that need to be promoted.

The distributor W destroys the ability to punish tanks that save for a big tank and needs to be changed, just like the old spellshield on scout had to be changed for the same reason.

Netlauncher nerf is an indirect nerf to axe and an indirect buff to (mostly) midgame air tanks that are underrepresented. Thereby it also promotes faster and more dynamic gameplay.

PS: Should we split the topics into one dedicated to the bounty system and one to gamelength overall? They certainly are connected, but not the same.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The new bounty and spree system - by Wupti - 2014-05-17, 19:23:16
RE: The new bounty and spree system - by eSVau - 2014-05-17, 19:57:59
RE: The new bounty and spree system - by Prog - 2014-05-17, 20:28:30

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts about the Community and the Game cpu 3 5,949 2015-08-12, 22:26:06
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Game impact of sides versus mid Prog 10 11,415 2014-04-17, 21:31:11
Last Post: RaptorXI
  New players are kicked from the game goranie 7 6,335 2014-03-30, 07:54:03
Last Post: Max