Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Battle Tanks 8.73c
Hey there,
after an overly long beta phase, I present you the latest version of BT. Hope you have fun with it. Also, feedback on the version is very appreciated.

v 8.73
  • New tank: Architect (buyable at the Trade Market)
  • Goblin Shredder has been remade
  • Added a new Tower Ruin building: Teleport Beacon
  • New assist system (called support points)
  • Kill messages now include the info about who assisted
  • Items are now retrievable from force towers, by right clicking and moving to them
  • The kick requirements have been reworked again, deaths in a fast succession are now punished more
  • The gold of sold items is now also added to the leaver gold
  • Improved the pathability check for Control Point Teleport, Shredder Ultimate and AntiGrav Jump, to prevent the tank from getting stuck
  • Increased Tinker base hitpoints to 250
  • Decreased the base cooldown of the Tinker tower (100s -> 60s)
  • Decreased the damage and hitpoints of the Tinker Tower by ca. a third
  • Removed unit collision from the Tinker Towers and added a little minimal distance between towers
  • The max bonusses for the Damage and Hitpoint Tower Modules have been increased
  • Frost Prison (Frost Robot) no longer hits it's target instantly, it now has a projectile
  • Increased the movement speed of the Demon Tank (290 -> 305)
  • Increased the duration (7s) and reduced the cooldown (25s) of the Smoke screen
  • Smoke screen invisibility will now be removed, when you take damage
  • Radar now only grants true sight in 450 range, but increases to 1250, when you are standing still for 2 seconds
  • Each team can now own up to two Troop Control Centers at the same time
  • The Bomb of the Troop Command Center no longer requires your team to own each Control Point
  • Maintenance now heals faster (10s -> 7s)
  • Recharge now heals faster (10s -> 5s)
  • Barricades and Rocket Tower now only stay for 3 minutes, but they are also cheaper now
  • Barricades, Rocket and Laser Tower now need some time until they can be build on the same Tower Ruin again
  • The team now receives a message and minimap ping, when someone builds a Teleport Beacon or a Factory
  • Fixed a bug, that wouldn't let you sell items at the Trade Market
  • Fixed mana regeneration after respawn
  • Fixed Tinker Tower from being able to pick up healing runes
  • Fixed AI and some skill buffs from not working together at all (Banish, Keep on Fighting, Granitic Defense)
  • Fixed some skills from affecting the APM more than they should (Jump, Turbo Boost, etc)
  • Fixed the AI from not healing at the HQ
  • Fixed some Battery related bugs (including -playerswap)
  • Fixed the Bomb from not being placeable, even when an enemy factory was in your base
  • Fixed the TCC bomb from being placeable in your own base
  • Fixed some minor bugs

v 8.73b
  • Increased the cooldown of the Tinker Tower a little again (base cd from 60 to 75)
  • Teleport Beacon now costs 400 gold and has a teleport cooldown of 4 seconds
  • Increased the speed of the Ice Prison (Frost Robot) missile a little bit
  • Adjusted the kick system a bit, you won't be kickable as fast as before
  • A single player can only issue a kick once every 60 seconds now (this time doubles every time a kick vote starts)
  • Mines and Explosives now won't deal any damage to allied buildings
  • Added the assist info to -stats
  • Assist are now only awarded, when you also get gold for them (stay in 1500 range of the kill)
  • Reduced the loading time a little bit
  • Fixed the enemy team from being able to trigger the cooldown of the Tower Ruins in the own base
  • Fixed assists being credited to an allied player, who caused friendly fire
  • Fixed the incorrect distribution of the assist gold
  • Fixed some unintended interaction with the new radar, towers and Tech Mechs
  • Fixed the appearance of a Tower Ruin, right next to another one

v 8.73c
  • Fixed Portals (Architect) from being able to teleport the Troop Command Center
  • Fixed the Radar from disrupting ability aiming every 0.5 seconds

The assist gold works this way:
Assists; per player; total
1; 25%; 25%
2; 15%; 30%
3; 12,5%; 37,5%
4; 12,5%; 50%

Keep in mind, that you only get gold for assits, not for support points in general. To get assist gold, you have to have damaged the target in the last 5 seconds and be in 1500 range of the dying tank.

The kick system now only uses two factors. The Afk time and the penalty received for deaths. The general point system is still the same, you need 50 points to kick a player and one vote is worth 10 points.
When you die, a certain amount is added to these point account. The start value is 4 and will be increased by 1 for each death. This system is designed in a way, that these go down to their start value in 3 minutes (only in case of one death). When you die in this time frame, it takes longer for those values to go down to their start values again. The faster you die, the faster the value rises.
Each minute you are afk adds 5 five points to your account.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
coming this evening?
In case you are talking about the league bots:
we'll wait some time, until we upload the new version to the ranked bots. Right now only the Qualify bots have the new version.

This is to make sure, that the league is played with a stable version, without abusable bugs. When the version proves itself good enough on the Qualify bots, the ranked ones will get it also. I guess it will take a few days.
teleport beacon to cheap imba and if mechs can make it just to cheap i know it has hp etc but still seems ridiculous to to me this just seems to give more advantage to short range tanks also.what about grenade launcher also been avaliable at side shops so there is only air weapon to choose from .

The gold of sold items is now also added to the leaver goldSmile love this

--

improve ghost speed a little 290?
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
BENNIE.FM Wrote:teleport beacon to cheap imba and if mechs can make it just to cheap i know it has hp etc but still seems ridiculous to to me this just seems to give more advantage to short range tanks also.what about grenade launcher also been avaliable at side shops so there is only air weapon to choose from .

The gold of sold items is now also added to the leaver goldSmile love this

--

improve ghost speed a little 290?

signed, the beacon is to cheap (should cost around 750-1k) and maybe a lower durability (maybe 5-10secs instead of 3mins). cause if the whole team is able to tp, the cp is like to 90% captured and this atm for just 250g.. + tp gold

Ghost-Tank: ye the speed should get increasd

Frost-Robot stun: hm.. 2 sec till he hit the target? think 1-1.5 sec would be also ok
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
At least we had such a short beta phase so noone could complain or suggest thingsConfusedhock:
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
:shock: played the beta just 2-3 times Confusedhock: sry! better late then never..
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
well it could be shorter at least it is better than last few updates that we have to wait for a long time for a update

ghost tank maybe need a set of skills change except its 3rd skill
maybe some new tanks pictures on hold and weapons
on hold = put there for ppl to find bugs on it and balancing and etc

shredder is good for this version , its 2nd skill is better than before

now the smoke screen sucks , the old one looks better because if ppl hit you , you cant invisble , like 3k = 1.2k price worth of item for this update , even ppl with no radar can see you ....
radar is good

the tower ruin , laser , and etc is at the same price and no time limit = that is good
but update say it is cheaper and with 3 mins timer
i guess no time limit is better ,that why it is not change
Exodus Wrote:Keep in mind, that you only get gold for assits, not for support points in general. To get assist gold, you have to have damaged the target in the last 5 seconds and be in 1500 range of the dying tank.

wouldnt it be also usefull if the teamm8 also took dmg (dmgsplitt) compaird with dmgd the target? would maybe increase the teamplay and drecrease the longrange "selfish"-playstyle
beacon is 2 imba.. nothing oposing team can do then other team talks and says i telport and beacon be rdy to teleport.
Boom insta cp ..nothing can do then 5 telports insta even 1 of your team can telport he insta dies. I think beacon should work other way that setting it up takes time. U buy beacon and it takes 4-5 to active it. So others can jump or something
Tinkermania, JustFun[est], LookRocketFlyin, UStunIKill
Also i like 2 min turret etc timer. But dont include it to base turrets ..it makes virtually poinltess to waste 2k for 2 min laser in base.
Tinkermania, JustFun[est], LookRocketFlyin, UStunIKill
wolfheart Wrote:Also i like 2 min turret etc timer. But dont include it to base turrets ..it makes virtually poinltess to waste 2k for 2 min laser in base.
did you really play the current version? laser got no timer on it. as for the teleport beacon, you may check this topic: http://btanks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4114
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
8.73b is now online.
Updated again.
any thoughts about the ghost tank?
The next version will feature balance changes again, of course. I'll see what I can do about the Ghost Tank. Most likely I'll first only try to find a more usefull ultimate for it.
(2011-03-19, 20:17:48)Exodus Wrote: Fixed Portals (Architect) from being able to teleport the Troop Command Center
:D
(2011-05-07, 11:48:34)RaptorXI Wrote: For the ulti I found an old suggestion, still interesting, maybe you will find a new idea.
http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=740

The other problem in my opinion that she can't move while she does soul restore (and she is so slow since she floats and the range of this spell isn't high, too). I mostly can do this spell for 1-2 seconds when I play against strong players because they move out of range fast or use stun to stall.

I'll consider this. I also got other ideas for the ultimate, I will see what works out best for the Ghost Tank.

On another note: in case you guys were wondering how the development of the next version is coming along:
I already did some bugfixes and additional changes, but my current semester proved to be pretty time consuming. So it will probably take a while, until I get to put together another beta for you guys.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle Tanks 8.80c Exodus 21 21,982 2015-08-09, 21:11:11
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Battle Tanks 8.63 Hacked and Mangled Mod by NarFlux Exodus 2 4,615 2014-04-22, 13:42:22
Last Post: omefisto
  New Battle Tanks Homepage! Exodus 8 10,753 2014-02-23, 18:59:08
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Battle Tanks 8.79d Exodus 10 11,068 2014-01-08, 20:48:46
Last Post: Exodus
  Battle Tanks 8.78b Exodus 11 12,809 2013-05-05, 11:52:52
Last Post: Exodus