Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Death Magic
Well it all started when I accidentally bought this item... to my complete surprise it was quite good. My team was getting pushed hard by siege units, this obliterated them in less then a second. Any Long range tanks don't have to worry about hitting creeps instead of enemy tanks with their other weapons. Killing people with troop command was a breeze with this item. Also pushing was much easier with this item and I captured so many CP's with this item. Finally farming with this item especially in solo lane is brilliant, my score was average yet I had the most expensive tank and most CP's captured from this item.

Unfortunately many self proclaimed pro's don't seem to agree. Some people flame you all game for getting this item (even though your K:D is superior). Some people try to kick you for no reason other then having the item. In the worst case scenario someone was so angry I got this they actually threatened to ban me for buying it.

Why are some people have so much hatred for this item? If it really is SOOOOO bad.... why is it even the game? I don't believe it's that bad but what are your thoughts guys?
Well, this item is not popular, because it's only against creeps, it cost's to much and it's sometimes a fail to buy this item especially in private-games(pro-games). It cost's 7777Gold+upgrade...so it gets 879dps? And for example the Poison Magic(5555+1700) or Flamer(6750+1500) are have almost the same dps like the DeathMagic...okay the DeathMagic gets a 1300range, but they don't attack the enemy tanks and if u go to creep, u can go nearly to the creeps...I mean the creeps don't have so much dmg^^.

I never buy the DeathMagic, because u can also creep well with a GhostofDoom, Flamer, FireMagic or something like that, and at the 30-60min, u need also some 5000-9999Gold weapons, to kill the enemy tanks. But if u think the DeathMagic is a good item for everything, so play this item...it's your opinion^^.
If it gets lower in price it will be a must have on me, till then I am still testing it out. For a similar price you can get a mid range laser so I still am unsure if its worth it

On a side note I got even more hatred for Death Magic on me today, one particular person flamed me all game all because I purchased one IN A PRIOR GAME. Wow that's some hatred for the item....
Actually, I always mock people who buy death magic. Why?

because it is similar to the scout who buy light hul land bow at start, or the light tank who buy 2 bows at start.

It is selfish. It does not help you mate, it steals all creep and it stinks. It is the worse combination. Most people hate 1300 range players because they never cover.

Death magic = pure creep stealer, no cover and then selfish.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
I remember when it only attacked tanks. I think maybe this should get a change feature like the soul stone so you can pick between creep/hero modes. Maybe it will be much more interesting item to use?
Anyway, I don't think the DeathMagic will be popular in BT, if this item will be the same like the soulstone...especially in BT private-games.
Maybe i can use this to kill those pesky double mechers, if only it didn't cost 7777 hahaha.
UnifiedDoom Wrote:Maybe i can use this to kill those pesky double mechers, if only it didn't cost 7777 hahaha.

singed
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Death Magics udg2177 15 8,764 2009-05-03, 23:24:01
Last Post: Tynkywinky
  My view of weapons (and death magic) (Epic wall of text) bobbob247 6 5,944 2009-02-22, 16:36:02
Last Post: Dr.McNinja
  Basic magic tactic - used to often? TKF 36 20,382 2008-04-03, 23:02:47
Last Post: Tribulation