Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weapon cost
can you make the weapons and stuff bought from enemy base to cost 2x because today I've beaten my friend with thing i bought from his base and that's stupid :?
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
The idea of buying things from the enemied base is indeed "stupid".
If i change this, that option will most likely be completely removed.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
But being able to buy factories at the enemy is an important factor, removing it would make games longer.
i like the idea to remove the possibility to buy in enemybase.. but then completly (incl. facs) imho.

otherwise double cost is good too (again: all things)
No Support via PM!!
Prog Wrote:But being able to buy factories at the enemy is an important factor, removing it would make games longer.
i agree with indeterminismus:)
i think if a kid can access the internet with a phone almost anywhere now i'd like to see remote purchasing and trading of items possible through some sort of type command or tank ability. the item should instantly appear, or appear at a later time based on some sort of algorithm that i don't care to particularize, or else be parachuted in or something. then logically for me it seems there would only be a little bit of extra shipping and handling charges. Smile

also, to be totally realistic, u should be able to take out a loan or open a line of credit to buy items too... lol!

**edit: a rent to own option would be funny. then you could have special repo tanks that steel your shit if you don't earn enough gold to keep up with your payments! hahaha! you could end up in a tinker! hahaha!

the way it is now it's like we're only leasing all our weapons since there's no way to transfer ownership without going through the junkyard dealer. different buying and trading options would make it cooler imo and teach youngsters some powerful principals of economics. perhaps if more games had realistic purchasing options less people would be in debt right now. Smile

****edit again: of course then to be even more realistic you could have varying and fluctuating prices in the weapons markets so that after the purchase of each weapon the price goes up. Smile then later the price would realistically drop back if the item wasn't purchased for a long time just like real life retailers have liquidation prices and clearance sales on crap no one wants. Smile some good old fashioned monopolistic price gouging would be neat!
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
qweqqweq Wrote:i think if a kid can access the internet with a phone almost anywhere now i'd like to see remote purchasing and trading of items possible through some sort of type command or tank ability. the item should instantly appear, or appear at a later time based on some sort of algorithm that i don't care to particularize, or else be parachuted in or something. then logically for me it seems there would only be a little bit of extra shipping and handling charges. Smile

ok maybe trader can be like a walking shop
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
Now if I were posting this "complaint" I would expect to see the following:

-Being able to keep the enemy out of your base has to do with lane control.
-->this means you were losing the game and still are losing the game which
means that the other team should be able to get items from your base because
you are losing and the losing team should lose.

-Both teams have the ability to do this, it is balanced.

etc.

BUT what I think is good is that people CAN buy shit from the enemy base. Noone wants to wait another 5-10 minutes for some loser to have to TP back to his base and buy a factory. That's bullshit. You can buy couriers for 400 in this game so what the fuck difference does it make? NONE. ABSOLUTELY NONE.

Also this idea of negating that ability conflicts with my suggestion of introducing new unique weapons to each sides base, so no I am against your stupid suggestion. And it is stupid because you are whining about losing for no good reason that's it. Noone leads into this topic saying "It's stupid because I won so many games by buying items in the other base..." seriously, learn to play. -- wait it says you beat your friend... yah bullshit, we all know you lost the game.

What is shocking here is that there is no replay.... pub game anyone?
scron2 Wrote:Now if I were posting this "complaint" I would expect to see the following:

-Being able to keep the enemy out of your base has to do with lane control.
-->this means you were losing the game and still are losing the game which
means that the other team should be able to get items from your base because
you are losing and the losing team should lose.

-Both teams have the ability to do this, it is balanced.

etc.

BUT what I think is good is that people CAN buy shit from the enemy base. Noone wants to wait another 5-10 minutes for some loser to have to TP back to his base and buy a factory. That's bullshit. You can buy couriers for 400 in this game so what the fuck difference does it make? NONE. ABSOLUTELY NONE.

Also this idea of negating that ability conflicts with my suggestion of introducing new unique weapons to each sides base, so no I am against your stupid suggestion. And it is stupid because you are whining about losing for no good reason that's it. Noone leads into this topic saying "It's stupid because I won so many games by buying items in the other base..." seriously, learn to play. -- wait it says you beat your friend... yah bullshit, we all know you lost the game.

What is shocking here is that there is no replay.... pub game anyone?

first it's not complaining
second this gives more chances to noobs (like scron2)
and third i didn't get replay because it wasn't interesting game and it's not new that you can buy weapons and stuff from the enemy base

EDIT: this is suggestion so you don't have to take it so personally just say yes/no and a short reason...
It would be disrespectful to not list a reason why I disagree.

Like I said you can buy a fixing tinker guy and use it to deliver the item. There is no difference.
no difference huh? are you sure about that? 'cause i disagree. Please allow me to retort! Smile

1. the tech mech is not neutral
2. the tech mech must be microed

so this means:

1. the tech mech has difficulty buying from territory occupied by the enemy like the middle shop without being killed.
2. the tech mech is a pain in the ass and not as convenient and care free item supplier as a type command delivery purchase would be.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Buying from the enemy base isn't that illogical ... If someone rolled up to your shop with a tank are you going to refuse to sell to him? Well, if you had weapons, maybe you would - but if you're unarmed, you'd probably just give'm the damn thing.

Perhaps if you disable buying weapons but allow people to buy from the merchants that don't sell weapons (blacksmith, paladin, and alchemist shop) it would make more sense? You won't interfere with the flow of the game and the concept would seem less "stupid."

scron2 Wrote:Like I said you can buy a fixing tinker guy and use it to deliver the item. There is no difference.
You have to pay 350(?) gold for a Tech Mech and 75 every time you teleport him out. Not to mention you have to wait for the thing to scurry over to your tank. There is a difference.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
no, remove shop to the enemy is not a good idea. Let them shop in your base but with a reward that would be nice. I mean if someone shop in your base, your Force get 15% of money or something like that.

Anyway it's already fine
I would rather have a reduced price of weapon when you buy in enemy base. After all you thought well to reach it ^_^
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
well maybe the cost of stuff in enemy base to me higher than usual
I agree with Althend... After all, you can't price gouge a person pointing a gun at you right?
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
this would mean to check the choosen weapon before wc3 checks if you have enough gold for it. so either you would simply get the difference back in gold ( but still needs the whole sum to buy the item ) or need to replace all items with dummys that would check the gold when bought. it could also be done by temporarily set the gold to max, when selecting an enemy shop. but you may already guess, this won't be included.
if you're already in the enemy base and got enough time to select ( and being able to buy an item at ) the shop, then the game shouldn't last that long anymore. one could still deselect the enemy shop for the corresponding player, but this may result in some unnecessary game leaks ( maybe even desyncs ), so let's keep it the way it is. ( or until paladon finds a better solution )
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
NO.

What I meant was a tech mech can buy from YOUR base and deliver ANYWHERE.
Which means that if you are in the enemy base and you buy a factory on one, and you send it to you which involves like
no micro whatsoever... then that is essentially the same.
Gold cost and the time to deliver is a clear difference between difference between buying items directly from the enemy shops and buying a Tech Mech to move around the map and deliver items.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
Prog Wrote:But being able to buy factories at the enemy is an important factor, removing it would make games longer.

you can always buy it from your own base, and then deploy it out side the enemy base perimeter

+1 vote to not being able to buy on enemy base.

Factories should not be able to be build on enemy base grounds either.

Tinker towers are okay, but not rebuild from tower remains, and hopefully factory remains in the future maps.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,144 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
  New 900-1000 weapon for 1100 gozo1985 11 9,225 2014-01-05, 16:05:43
Last Post: psycodiver
  Weapon suggestion BENNIE.FM 4 4,869 2013-09-04, 15:21:00
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Add Weapon Upgrade requirements to the top 10 highest tier weapons Vitriol 11 10,956 2013-04-25, 18:47:42
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 8,599 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846