Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kill streak bonuses
you all know there are now bonuses for killstreaks (like kill 10 tanks without dying)
and i dont want to see gold bonuses.
the idea is, that you get an ability or something else (you can use it only once) to call an artellery strike or orbital strike or something diffrent if you kill e.g. 10 players in a row.
just like in codBig Grin
here are some examples:
5 kills streak: troopbonus or troopspawn for a minute or special creep spawn at the base
10 kills streak: supply drop:drops a little box at tagret area which transforms to a little fac for 1min, then it explodes or similar
15 kills streak: you can call one artellery strike at a specific position with 1000 aoe and a delay by 10secs
etc etc

its not gold bonus, but it gives some tactical advantages
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
well it's good idea i like it
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
a nother idead is for 10 kills you get mine sweeper - it sends out 3 goblin defusers (clockworkers) invurnarable to defuse any enemy mine or for 5 kills it just sends a radio wave to defuse ally and enemy mines
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
There's no artillery strike in battle tanks and I doubt it will be.

There's no kill streaks in battle tanks and I doubt it will be.

It's insane idea imo which seems like it's based on my insane idea
TKF Wrote:It's insane idea imo which seems like it's based on my insane idea

i was more inspired by call of duty Big Grin
but while i thought about this little extension i thought of your map, and thought: in this mod there are artellery strikes and they are good, so the original bt needs it too!Smile
Dieing doesn't matter so much in MW2, you just respawn 1 second later. You can die tens of times in a few minutes.

However in Btanks, when you are killed, you have to wait for respawn time=less farming time, teleport cost to get back to the battle and of course, giving the enemy bounty.

The killer already has a huge advantage as you can see and further rewarding them is not necessary.

Someone's been playing too much MW2 lately.....but I have to admit, I've racked up over 45 hours already.. :lol:
I do not like these ideas.
I got the feeling it improves the imbalance in the game between noobs and pros.
The surviving pros get a much easier game as now...

And it's already easy against these noobs Big Grin
but if there is a noob team versus a pro team, the game is already decided. if there is a pro in each team (balanced teams) the pros can kill each other so they dont get thoose bonuses.
you should look at balanced games and decide if its imba or notSmile
to make a lot of kills without dying is not easy and its risky. you easily can stop streak if they do just one bad action
the bonuses gives a lot more tactic into the game: try to get bonuses, stop others getting thoose bonuses and use the bonuses well eg to conquer a cp

also,
the bonuses also doesnt have to be too strong but with thoose ideas:
we can impletent more ideas in the game
and maybe giving sieging players an advantage, if they play well, so the endgame is not too long
I don't like the idea either. A killing streak bonus could boost camping and defensive gameplay :|
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
This will only tip the scales further for people who are ahead in the game. Sure raining artillery down with your streak bonus and running in after with your Demon Tank might be cool to you, but for the newbie trying to learn the game and sitting on his CP that's just annoying and very difficult (if not impossible) to counter. The gold advantage people get for making kills is more than enough.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
or maybe just bonuses, which are good to siege the enemy base, so the sieging process could be shortened by the bonuses
SCorpA1 Wrote:or maybe just bonuses, which are good to siege the enemy base, so the sieging process could be shortened by the bonuses
we're already working on the sieging part against the enemy base in the late game. as its not quite clear which solution will be implemented, i can't give any more details.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Saiyuki Wrote:we're already working on the sieging part against the enemy base in the late game. as its not quite clear which solution will be implemented, i can't give any more details.

that was what i ment!
maybe THIS is the solution, or maybe just a part of it Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  show dmg% from each tank after a kill instead of just assists unpredictable_m 0 1,634 2012-06-15, 04:44:29
Last Post: unpredictable_m
  Kill the creep!!! UUuuraahh ooow.. ooow sound AeroniumX 2 2,956 2012-04-04, 12:19:03
Last Post: applecheese
  kill bounty splitts to the team ? Helge_F 7 5,949 2011-05-16, 10:07:39
Last Post: AGGInator
  GET ASSIST FOR HELPING TO KILL SOMEONE mechbot9971 12 6,397 2011-03-27, 01:12:06
Last Post: mechbot9971
  Add Kill assist system? TKF 7 4,747 2011-02-13, 23:44:06
Last Post: scron2