but in both cases, the ability will have to cool down
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
SCorpA1 Wrote:hmm what about make it like this:
you have to cast the spell
then you have about 2secs to die
if you die, you will ressurect, if you dont die, nothing happens,
This actually sounds like a good suggestion.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Exodus Wrote:
In my opinion, this actually sounds like the most imba ability ever in my ears.

The exploder almost always explode nearly instantly after teleporting, especially when using his emp stun. This ability means that the exploder will never really die again, it will just teleport according to the cooldown of it, and revive every time. Only chances to gain bounty of him would be teleport breakers (as it is now), teleport away just after he exploded and hunt him afterwards (as it is now), and maybe forcing him to defend a cp while this ability has cooldown, but i wouldnt really count this one. So it would be basically a 100% resurrect, just "balanced" with its cooldown, but this will just end in the exploder sitting in the base during cooldown, making him less attractive to play and stronger overall. I doubt this is the way to go.

What about this instead:

Demonic Contract (or whatever name)

-Every kill the exploder gets gives him one charge into Demonic Contract (displayed as a small number like in consumable items).
-Everytime the exploder dies, the charges are checked, and if he got enough, he resurrects (and of course loses the charges that were needed for that resurrect).

level 1: 6 charges needed
level 2: 5 charges needed
level 3: 4 charges needed
level 4: 3 charges needed
level 5: 2 charges needed

that would force the exploder to be active (and successful) before getting revived, and also makes countering like tp breaker more useful, as every kill the exploder does not get passively reduces the amount of revives. And after all, it would completely remove the luck factor.

Optional (if thats too strong): either 1 charge more each level, or 1 charge penalty for each death without killing.
DerSatan Wrote:
Exodus Wrote:
In my opinion, this actually sounds like the most imba ability ever in my ears.
I agree. You can use an active ability to make sure you explode twice, I prefer passive reconstruct.
Well, I didn't want to implement it just like this. I just meant, that making an active ability out of this, might be a good idea.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Great idea satan, a ressurrect ability based on exploder killsBig Grin This will mean the ability can scale with skill, better players will have a naturally higher res %

One problem which can be fixed or just left as a 'feature' is using mines on exploder, to ensure you NEVER dieBig Grin
Exploder gets needed kills > runs in to suicide > escape = no exploder deaths = imba since you essentially have a miner + exploder that cant die.

Fix: cant use mines - should be able to carry, but it adds bounty so logic would mean to leave mines or sell them. I personally think you should leave it as a feature, it will severly limit the exploder career anyway.

Exo: a very general nerf or way to control it is to give it limited items slots or limit number of explosives allows to carry. This also partly solves the problem i just described.

Totally FOR dersatan's idea.
๏̮๏
Why would you limit the item slots on an exploder? Personally mines are not a good bang for your buck when you can upgrade explosive materials and be MUCH more effective. If an exploder is trying to use mines, he is not going to be getting as many kills as one who has upgraded explosives.
Quote:Why would you limit the item slots on an exploder? Personally mines are not a good bang for your buck when you can upgrade explosive materials and be MUCH more effective. If an exploder is trying to use mines, he is not going to be getting as many kills as one who has upgraded explosives.

Not always true. Once you have enough explosives to kill any opponent, adding more/upgrading only increases your bounty for very little gain (building damage). You are better off carrying mines around in this case, until your opponents get more hp.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Well, limited item slots is something that hasnt yet been introduced, it was an idea for exo to consider for balancing exploder. How well it works is up to how exo implements this, there are so many ways to do it.

Dr.McNinja Wrote:..it will severly limit the exploder career anyway.
Exactly what i said.
๏̮๏
Quote:Not always true. Once you have enough explosives to kill any opponent, adding more/upgrading only increases your bounty for very little gain (building damage). You are better off carrying mines around in this case, until your opponents get more hp.

I would use your own argument here, if you can not spend 2200 upgrading an explosive, why would you spend MORE than that to buy land mines. Unless you get the huge ones, you arent going to have enough damage. If you are seriously out of action that long as an expoder, then you are not doing your job right. If you do die, the land miens will provide more bounty than upgraded explosive package.

I buy plenty of things, upgrades, factories, speedpack, detectors, etc..

If you are buying mines, you are sitting around hoping to draw out a kill. Not very good use of your time since everyone else is creeping and getting stronger. You want to keep your explosives at the minimum damage needed to kill all the tanks, or at least more than half to someone who puts in for an upgrade. I generally can build up a good chunk of change, so when someone does buy that gold hull, or goes frost robot, I can throw in some upgrades, or buy another explosive pack.
I never said it was the best strategy, onl that it was a valid one. You argument about bunty does not hold, as the exploder can drop the mines before tping in for the kill. And in regards to the 2.2k, I was arguing the opposite. If you are so succesful with the exploder that you have extra cash - there is no point in spending it immediately on upgrading explosives- since any extra damage is wasted. With mines, at least you can get another source of kills as well. You don't have to sit around, just drop the mines, drop the mine-laying item and get in there. Of course there are other options to purchase, my point was that upgrading explosives isn't always the best use of $$.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Exactly my thoughts. Remember there is still a difference between the exploder tank and actually exploding. Some people might do both and it could end up being very successful due to extra income from mine kills, aiding the exploding tactic. Who knows, i sure dont because i havent tried it (yet). Hell, maybe even having a weapon and explosives turn out to be a really good method that no one fully explored yet.

And due to the fact that items keep CD when dropped, dropping mines before you fight or die is so pro... gotta keep a watch on the timer though... So if dersatan's idea is picked up, exo should consider an exploder that kills NOT by exploding. Perhaps it could be based only on suicide kills. A player doing well might decide to go exploder simply for the fact that them pwning means they have life insurance.

:D
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  remove leaver penalty & giveup / change kick back griffin1987 21 17,936 2014-01-24, 12:20:12
Last Post: Exodus
  Exploder tank Max 7 6,615 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985
  kick system/exploder Helge_F 2 2,546 2011-05-06, 18:53:15
Last Post: TKF
  Exploder Erwin_Rommel 16 8,096 2011-01-25, 18:18:05
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Get exploder back into metagame. Erwin_Rommel 13 6,125 2010-05-25, 01:49:48
Last Post: jonjon