Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK trader is imba, what can we change about it?
Did you try to plant observing wards, which can see invis quiet early at start ? I saw guys doing that very fast and making trading sometimes very difficult at my "good" trade routes.

Trader hunting is somehow a teamplay strategy - every heli or long range scout with towers can follow the trader when he seems to get near.
A teleport breaker, when planted should be near to the trade master - and planted that he is pulled off the cliffs and then maybe you could kill him. I dont know the beta - but with 3 detectors for 200 Gold at strategic trading positions and heli you may stopp him quiet good in "team" I hope.

Anyway, if you can stop him too easy it would be useless to play trader anymore - remember that it could be difficult to play a trader in a pro game, where everyone gets a teleporter quiet fast. Airship with 3lvl speed already got 390Speed + flying above terrain without buying extra speed. The trader can blink, but not too often and later maybe laks mana to come away or needs to invest a lot of his money for batteries.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Personally I think that instead of hunting down the enemy trader, specializing purchases just for this purpose(getting items like radar and teleport earlier then usual to more efficiently stall the trader early on) - it would seem to me that your time would be better spent going trader yourself instead of building up to destroy theirs. My argument is that it's too uncertain that you'll harass their trader enough to make a difference to their greater income, therefore going trader yourself effectively evens the game out 1:1. (Or even gives your team the bigger advantage if you are a better trader then him.)

-Ayeshia-
Yes, an even game with a trader on each side should be normal and not one trader on a side vs full team of tanks. Trader on trader = balance should be a fact everyone should know. If its not trader vs trader then you need to work more as a team and generally play better than the other team (in general), generally. "no way to enforce trader vs trader".

But yes youre right.
๏̮๏
Imbalance is not resolved because the opposite can use the same imbalance....
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Althend Wrote:Imbalance is not resolved because the opposite can use the same imbalance....

You do have a point.

I was thinking what if when the trader actually does get killed, he loses, say, 10 wood. I know this isn't how BattleTanks is supposed to be, that when you die you lose resources, but it would work quite well i believe. At least until you have rediculous amounts of wood. Starting a trader you normally need 10 deliveries to reach the point where you can trade two items in one go at 20 wood, unless you go for the farther more dangerous mines. If someone killed the trader after this he had to start over again at 10wood, which would automatically make the shared income lower, and also put more emphasis on killing the enemy trader with mines at trade master, chasing him more, or whatever.

You could also maybe set the penalty to losing a percentage wood, with a low threshold of 10wood, 20wood, depending on trader level or even time.

-Ayeshia-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  remove leaver penalty & giveup / change kick back griffin1987 21 17,952 2014-01-24, 12:20:12
Last Post: Exodus
  remove giveup, change kicking griffin1987 9 8,726 2013-08-21, 16:22:24
Last Post: gozo1985
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 8,602 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846
  allowing trader in league Shadowgear7 2 2,760 2011-11-25, 08:08:50
Last Post: UnifiedDoom
  Change Tech Mech healing skill Tez.Sick 42 29,590 2011-10-04, 23:27:25
Last Post: griffin1987