Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control Point Teleport Duration
I found that the newer lowered duration for control point teleport seems to be catering for people who may have been out-strategised by other players. In a lot of the games, it seems to be too frequent a scenario where someone just camps at a control point and waits for people pushing to get close by, then it's a simple matter of using control point teleport for an easy kill. In my opinion, this is just slowing the game down, making it a highly defensive strategy to camp at a control point.

Another scenario is this. Someone is camping at a control point keeping a player trying to push at bay. The camper abandons C-TPs and runs out of the CP to kill someone. With the base abandoned, the pusher can generally try to move forward to claim a base, which having been abandoned, a very good strategic move, however, it is too frequent that the ex-camper will have enough time to C-TP back to his origin control point (CP).

I would assume that the game is played with even numbers on both teams, so strategically, abandoning your base and teleporting to another base should have some repercussions. I found that with the previous duration for C-TPs, more thought were put into the placement and timing and when you do TP. Care was given to make sure that your enemies were far from a CP before you left it. The decreased duration has made jumping on people trying to capture a bit easier and I feel that it has deteriorated the strategic aspect of defending control points.
if you make the enemy team camp in a cp and cp tp away and back to you then you're costing them gold 75 per tp, and lost farming time. It's a small win just to make guys cp tp to you even without taking the cp.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Scenario: A goblin tank C-TPs and run off to hammer a tank on the sides. 1 kill, covering the lost of the gold from TPing. He is able to make it back and probably kill the tank there trying to overtake the CP. Even if he doesn't, it would have only taken away probably less than 10 seconds, which isn't really that much of a reduction in farming time.

I think my point is, whether it is a small win or not is arguable, but strategically, a reduction in C-TP time also reduces the strategy of the game. We used to allocate responsibilities and such for lanes, but these days, someone going for a large tank with weak weapons can easily cover the points. It does give a lot of advantages to big tanks, especially those with speed to zip around and kill side laners without having to worry about losing mid CPs as they know they can EASILY get back in time.

Ask yourself this, next time you're leading in a game. Are you worried about leaving mid and killing conquering sides? You probably know that getting back to centre in time is not a problem at all. Leaving a side exposed is a failure and should be treated as thus.
Why are you talking about a decreased CP-TP duration? The duration hasn't changed for at least two years ...
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Two years? Gosh, it certainly felt a lot more recent than that. Can anyone else concur that CP-TP have significantly become a lot faster and recently or am I going mad? lol.

If it was a while back, the reasons why I haven't posted sooner would probably be that I just joined the forum today.

Cheers,
Moogs.
buy a teleporter and if no enemy is near to a cp or revived soon teleport to the cp and surprise the enemy
i dont see a problem, you just need some skill to counter it :wink:
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
I don't feel there to be an issue with the teleporting to control points. There is a reasonable delay between the ability ot do that, so it is not as if someone can port away, then come immeadiately back. If you are ready to take the point as they leave, you should be able to do so without issue. If you are too far away, then you might have an issue. Teamwork for the win
EXo how many seconds does it take to take over a control point with no incoming tanks so the fastest possible time im asking about
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Quote:Normally you need 10 seconds to capture a CP, with a Barricade you need 20.

That was from him in the Battle Tanks mechanics thread.
MugenJin Wrote:Two years? Gosh, it certainly felt a lot more recent than that. Can anyone else concur that CP-TP have significantly become a lot faster and recently or am I going mad? lol.

If it was a while back, the reasons why I haven't posted sooner would probably be that I just joined the forum today.

Cheers,
Moogs.

Mug, this topic sounds like your playing style, camper... lol

it seams quicker since allies can see the animation of someone arriving at the checkpoint. thats why it seams quicker

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teleport out of range RikonVan 9 8,054 2013-09-06, 08:21:54
Last Post: RikonVan
  Teleport Beacon Perfektionist 7 6,219 2012-10-30, 14:13:54
Last Post: Dr.xD
  Teleport time RikonVan 4 3,862 2012-06-01, 17:50:00
Last Post: El_Polacco
  Balancing teleport costs RikonVan 13 8,749 2011-11-29, 00:17:42
Last Post: progg
  Teleport Beacon ssl 36 14,967 2011-04-03, 22:34:41
Last Post: TKF