Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POST YOUR NEW TANKS IDEAS HERE!!!
Ok, I forgot earth robot thenTongue
With carapace I mean deflecting any projectile - creep attacks and weapons, not abilities. You may want to disable it vs magic weapons like other armor skills.

And I really never played demolisher, so I don't know its ultimate ;]
Plague sounds rather like my irradiate ability from my science vessel idea (on page 4) Confusedhock:
Demo's ulti is burning oil. Sets a DOT to the target.
Got another one

Command Vessel (air or ground, both sound ok)

0. Defensive Turrets (instead of tank cannon)
Four muniguns (should have different animation than the weapon) with 800 range and moderate power, firing at creeps only. Btw I think we should reinvent the basic cannons for most of better tanks, they are waste of xp now.

1. Orbital Bombardment (item clone)

2. Unit Drop
Parachutes a large group of creeps in target area. (they should have more hp so they are not blasted immediately by aoe or be invulnerable)

3. Command Aura
Gives nearby friendly units and tanks an attack/attack rate/armor/speed (don't really know which one would be right :/) bonus.

4. Tactical Warhead
Long cooldown. Requests a bomb drop on target, which strikes after 3 seconds and does massive damage in 800 radius (1600 range) Firepower should be half of the 4k bomb.

Balance and numbers either for a 14-15k tank or >20k end-game tank. I'll check the starcraft-clone maps for a good model.
I think it would be quiet difficult to implement this. Because invulnerable troops, miniguns and 1/2 bombs in 1600 Range would blast up the enemy base with no chance of countering it.
But hmmm - for maybe 20k or more ... I think I am just afraid of bombs and that units
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Troops don't have to be invulnerable. I agree that bomb is a base killer, that's why it would be a good support alternative to titan. If it's all balanced with range, cooldown and power (let's say it should at lvl5 take a half of 20lvl-armor factory's hp in "inner range"), it might be ok.

And what counters Titan shutdown btw...Tongue
Maybe there could be a mana burn skill in game?
Sorry about the double post, but did somebody mention a new midgame or early air ship? It could look like this:

Interceptor - either 3k (air shredder counterpart) or 6-6,5(gobo tank)
1. EMP torpedo
Deals initial damage, slows target down and disables all of its skills or simply depletes all its mana. (that would be a great counter to stun-tp tactics)
2. Speed Boost
Disables all Interceptor's weapons and speeds up for a short time.
3. Stealth
Basically, and Evasion clone. Works also vs magical weapons.
4. No real good idea yet. Maybe a cluster bomb or sth anti-air.

By the way I got a new aura idea - adding mana regen to allies and stealing it from enemies
Alot of the tank ideas posted here are very good, but most of them have the same problem (including mine) they have no unit skin / module making them instantly vetoed from ever being in btanks enless Exodus or the other map creators want to take the time of finding a module for you. I think any future ideas should be based on a unit from warcraft (that hasnt already been used) or have a link to the site that made the module your gonna use or picture of the module rather than being completely bloody abstract and making the mappers do all the work of finding one themselves. I know most of the decent modules that would fit btanks are taken, and the mappers are even using modules that arent in warcraft 3 (sky fortress, titan) but im sure you could find some.

Here are a few ideas that MIGHT work
Mountain king Avatar: maybe Dwarven robot or Drarven Battle mech Confusedhock:
Demon Hunter Metamorphasis : i dunno they used infernal, Maybe "Demon Robot, Or Corrupted Tank"
Necropilis : Dont let units limit your thinking, buildings might work to maybe "Moving Fortress"

Anyway im sure theres alot more and there are plenty of internet sites offering Unit skins for warcraft units so Pick a Unit Skin before posting an idea about a new tank for btanks
This thread was created before the unique suggestion rule was applied. Don't spam ideas here anymore. If you have a new tank suggestion, pls post a new thread.

New tank will be added soon in this thread

If you have any good and creative ideas for the Gazlow Tank, it may be accepted!
Hmm, this just popped into my head, but perhaps some kind of "cloud" tank, which I imagine would be a new air. I know we already got a new air with SF, but another early game air tank would be nice as there are so many ground. Perhaps it could have a constant camou or "cloud covering" that gave extra hp/speed. Some acid rain ability that deals poison perhaps. Jet propulsion of course, but maybe also a gust which twirls the enemy into the air basically disabling them(I've seen this before but not in btanks) or an ability similar to SF that allows it to have a speed burst. Instead of rocket a bolt which temporarily paralyzes/stuns the enemy, or thunder soundwave which would spread out from the tank and deal less damage the farther it goes, max range 1500 or so. Any other suggestions? Some of the abilities are a little cliche but i just thought of it, maybe I'll think of something better in the future. Any suggestions/improvements? Like the concept? Big Grin :?:
Share the love in the unknown. Only way to understand (understatement) (wink). -Bang Bang in Blindingly Brilliant Bliss because of benevolent beneficiary being belonging 'bove, always, love...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Tanks BENNIE.FM 5 6,408 2015-06-07, 15:11:56
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Creating some new tanks BENNIE.FM 4 5,658 2015-04-14, 11:37:20
Last Post: 91846
  Battle Tanks Open Source - v8.63 Exodus 0 4,020 2014-04-21, 12:25:17
Last Post: Exodus
  ideas for faster games ckibibi 5 4,488 2014-02-04, 20:48:43
Last Post: eSVau
  Incentive ideas to buy better tanks in game ckibibi 13 9,990 2014-01-30, 21:46:30
Last Post: griffin1987