Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POST YOUR NEW TANKS IDEAS HERE!!!
Well for one I feel the Frost Robot's abilities are better than the Infernal Robot's, and there is the occasional game where I would have been better off with a tank that outclasses both of them instead of some Frost Laser. The creeps upgrade so much that you can hardly notice the difference with stronger weapons, and of course as a result of high creep upgrades it's much easier to defend...

While I could see some of the numbers on this tank reduced to see more use, or maybe apply some of its concepts to another existing tank... Some games I feel it would have been nice to have an option to break a stalemate in a very late endgame outside of farming and farming for ages until someone gets bored and leaves since nobody can make progress on offense.

This tank would have much more ability to break a stalemate I think, two 2,000 range abilities that damage buildings would encourage less turtling, and even with the quick respawn times it would still be able to inflict considerable damage where another tank might have done nothing.

Maybe you could introduce another concept to Battle Tanks: Upgrading tanks like you could weapons. I could see someone buying a Demon Tank for 10,000 gold, and eventually "upgrading" it for another 15,000 gold for a tank like this. Since the Frost Robot totally blows the Demon Tank out of the water anyway...
But it would be two kind of same models if you suggest the same model as demon tank/heavy tank. Like it is with trader and Air ship models.

Maybe use a unused model, live night elf glaive thrower :lol: (just kidding, it won't fit for your suggestion)

t-80f
Turbo Tank (link to model) (3500)

HP: 3300
Price: 3500
Armor: 3
Speed: 320

Grenades
(Q)

Fires grenades that does to damage to units in a area. 8 mp pr level. 35 sec cooldown.

Level 1: 250 dmg
Level 2: 500 dmg
Level 3: 750 dmg
Level 4: 1000 dmg
Level 5: 1250 dmg

Scan (W)

Scan an area for invisible units or mines for a short duration. 10 sec reveal duration. 6 mp cost pr level. 30 sec cooldown. Good combination with mine defuse kit.

Level 1: 300 scan area
Level 2: 600 scan area
Level 3: 900 scan area
Level 4: 1200 scan area
Level 5: 1500 scan area

Engine Thrusters (E)

Gives a temporary speed boost that gives you maximum speed for a short time and allows you to smoothly drive through creeps without getting blocked. 6 mp cost pr level. 35 sec cooldown.

Level 1: 3 seconds
Level 2: 6 seconds
Level 3: 9 seconds
Level 4: 12 seconds
Level 5: 15 seconds

Smart Mines (R)

Plants special mine that pursue nearby enemy that gets within the proximity range of 600 tanks and explodes on them. They cannot be controlled by the player and become visible when they start running, but does only pursue the target for 5 seconds and then explodes whenever it reaches or not. 50 sec cooldown.

Level 1: 1200 damage, 48 mp cost
Level 2: 1500 damage, 60 mp cost
Level 3: 1800 damage, 72 mp cost
Level 4: 2100 damage, 84 mp cost
Level 5: 2400 damage, 96 mp cost

Feedback is appreciated!
psycho_dmr Wrote:sounds like a moving fortress ^^

but i think 25000Gold is too much for btanks, the 15000gold infernal isnt used oft, so why this tank should be used more? ^^
Because it's totally imba!Smile

Just look at his abilities with soberly: for only $25000 he will have 27000+400*25=37000hp!
Terminal Velocity makes him nearly invulnerable and extremely fast so forget about your thoughts to kill him.
Two 2000-range abilities that can damage buildings would just finish the game in no time giving defending player no chance. The only thing they can make against is to defend their base in about 2000 range outside it.

Well, in fact, that would be great, but for now this tank would be only one that is capable to turn the game flow radically, and all other tanks could not do this. And not only tank, nothing that costs 25000 can ever change game flow in such way as THIS tank can!

So, this is an imba.

BUT! If add some balance it could be a great new unit.

DAMN! Battle Tanks NEED new tanks! Heelllloooo, developers!:)

btw, all tanks that TKF have purposed here I think are just great! I'd like to see them all in new version. But you need to think 7 times about the balance, of course...

Good luck!

[Addition::Edit]
I don't remember but it seems nobody suggested the use of Mirror/Hallucination ability for tank like Blademaster in original WC has.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
That has a reason, its really imba. Your image has just the same weapons as you, so if you only have one image it will double your damage output.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Can the mirror image use items??? Also weapons???
Afaik you can't use active items images carry, but its a fact that the weapons they carry will fire and thats just too strong, no matter how much damage such an image takes.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
You can trigger that hallucinations will use fake items instead of real ones that does not actually do anything but only look similar. Of course, if there is another way to realize this(like creep-type inventory to disable weapon usage for mirrors) you should look further.
Well, i will only say i agree with vomitus (and tkf ofcourseSmile ) that more tanks would be more fun AND that such a great tank with some balancing would be great to play with!
Tanks and tanks, there is only 2 models which do have a barrel + the antigrav. = 3 Tanks. I can't find more good tank like models at hiveworkshop so I guess I have to make one myself (I'm very bad at it xD horrible, so in your dreams. If you request a tank don't expect much cuz it will be a mess). I guess hiveworkshop don't like "mario sunshine tanks" which will be rejected by the model moderators cuz they don't like the models (Heavy Tank, Light Tank and antigrav models, uses same texture) so you never find a good tank model which could fit in BT, except those which looks way to realistic, which wouldn't look nice in BT either. How that gnomemobile got approved, I've no idea how, but It lack a tank barrelSad. Battle Tanks does only use ingame models + 1 imported antigrav with icons and Light tank icons. The mappers would unlikely import more models as the map get unnecessary big. It's enough with antigrave. Pehaps they would allow few more models (small as possible, minimum 150kb), but It has to be a very good and cool tank model!

Ingame models that I think has a possibility of being used in BT is:

Ballista (I've suggested this as Ballista Tank earlier)
Rock Golem (I've suggested this as Rock-Robot earlier)
Flesh Golem
Mountain Giant
Goblin Chemist (I've suggested this as Goblin Engineer earlier)

But I doubt these models would ever be used at all. But if it existed a good tank model, I think it would probably be added to the map. But there is no one who have found such tank. Anti Grav is a great model. A tank model which uses the same tank texture skin (preferred the existing ingame textures, so mapper don't need to import textures), would probably look nice.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/3406/

Name: Szerzes - The Hunter
Description: Used for Hunting lower Tanks, Exploder or Trader.
Speed: 290
HP: 2200
Gold: 2400
Armor: 1

Skills:

Toxic Esnare
Esnares a target unit, making both -caster and target unit- immovable, dealing damage as long as it lasts.
Level 1 - Dealing 35 Damage each second for 5 seconds.
Level 2 - Dealing 50 Damage each second for 7 seconds.
Level 3 - Dealing 65 Damage each second for 9 seconds.
Level 4 - Dealing 80 Damage each second for 11 seconds.
Level 5 - Dealing 95 Damage each second for 13 seconds.

Range: "800 + Level * 20"
Mana Costs: "30 + Level * 3" Mana
Cooldown: "11 + Level * 2" seconds

Dark Howling
Decrease attack damage and attack speed of nearby enemy units. Moreover all buffed units, including hero type, will be forced to aim for the casting hero while buffed.
Level 1 - Decrease attack speed by 10%, attack damage by 5%, forcing attack by creeps for 4 seconds and for heros by 2 seconds.
Level 2 - Decrease attack speed by 20%, attack damage by 10%, forcing attack by creeps for 6 seconds and for heros by 3 seconds.
Level 3 - Decrease attack speed by 30%, attack damage by 15%, forcing attack by creeps for 8 seconds and for heros by 4 seconds.
Level 4 - Decrease attack speed by 40%, attack damage by 20%, forcing attack by creeps for 10 seconds and for heros by 5 seconds.
Level 5 - Decrease attack speed by 50%, attack damage by 25%, forcing attack by creeps for 12 seconds and for heros by 6 seconds.

Area of Effect: "1000 + Level * 20"
Mana Costs: "25 + Level * 3" Mana
Cooldown: "7 + Level * 3" seconds

Skilled Armor [passiv]
Increase movement speed, magic reduction and armor with each level.
Level 1 - Increase Movement Speed by 5, Armor by 0 and Magic reduction by 3%.
Level 2 - Increase Movement Speed by 10, Armor by 1 and Magic reduction by 6%.
Level 3 - Increase Movement Speed by 15, Armor by 2 and Magic reduction by 9%.
Level 4 - Increase Movement Speed by 20, Armor by 3 and Magic reduction by 12%.
Level 5 - Increase Movement Speed by 25, Armor by 4 and Magic reduction by 15%.

Lightning Rain [ulti]
Note: Starfall as long as channeled or till mana runs out.
Consume Mana from the casting hero, dealing damage to nearby enemy units while channeling or till mana runs out.
Level 1 - Consuming 2 Mana per second, dealing 85 damage per hit.
Level 2 - Consuming 3 Mana per second, dealing 120 damage per hit.
Level 3 - Consuming 4 Mana per second, dealing 155 damage per hit.
Level 4 - Consuming 5 Mana per second, dealing 190 damage per hit.
Level 5 - Consuming 6 Mana per second, dealing 225 damage per hit.

Area of Effect: 1200
Mana Costs: "40 + Level * 5" Mana
Cooldown: "35 + Level * 5" seconds
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
The modeler should have added a cannon fire effect. This cannon just hangs on his back and does nothing in the animations. I checked the animations. The model is 171kb big when extracted.

Otherwise I would have suggested a skill, so his cannon on his back might be used for something and not just for the show.

Saiyuki Wrote:Toxic Ensnare
Esnares a target unit, making both -caster and target unit- immovable, dealing damage as long as it lasts.
Level 1 - Dealing 35 Damage each second for 5 seconds.
Level 2 - Dealing 50 Damage each second for 7 seconds.
Level 3 - Dealing 65 Damage each second for 9 seconds.
Level 4 - Dealing 80 Damage each second for 11 seconds.
Level 5 - Dealing 95 Damage each second for 13 seconds.

Range: "800 + Level * 20"
Mana Costs: "30 + Level * 3" Mana
Cooldown: "11 + Level * 2" seconds

WOW! have you put water over your head??Confusedhock: The long binding time make it way to imba. Teammates could come and finish the victim and have plenty of time to do it. That is extremely many seconds and makes the net launcher crap in comparison. If I would have been you, I would only set 1 sec pr level, 100 damage each second. A holding skill is imba, even if you also get immobilized, you can always abort it and move away (if it's aerial shackles clone) if the enemy tanks comes. Also extreme low cooldown.

Saiyuki Wrote:Dark Howling
Decrease attack damage and attack speed of nearby enemy units. Moreover all buffed units, including hero type, will be forced to aim for the casting hero while buffed.
Level 1 - Decrease attack speed by 10%, attack damage by 5%, forcing attack by creeps for 4 seconds and for heros by 2 seconds.
Level 2 - Decrease attack speed by 20%, attack damage by 10%, forcing attack by creeps for 6 seconds and for heros by 3 seconds.
Level 3 - Decrease attack speed by 30%, attack damage by 15%, forcing attack by creeps for 8 seconds and for heros by 4 seconds.
Level 4 - Decrease attack speed by 40%, attack damage by 20%, forcing attack by creeps for 10 seconds and for heros by 5 seconds.
Level 5 - Decrease attack speed by 50%, attack damage by 25%, forcing attack by creeps for 12 seconds and for heros by 6 seconds.

Area of Effect: "1000 + Level * 20"
Mana Costs: "25 + Level * 3" Mana
Cooldown: "7 + Level * 3" seconds

But does with the buff everyone target the caster, which in case is the wolf and chase him? This skill does also have way to extremely low cooldown. This skill fits with the roar animation.

Saiyuki Wrote:Skilled Armor [passiv]
Increase movement speed, magic reduction and armor with each level.
Level 1 - Increase Movement Speed by 5, Armor by 0 and Magic reduction by 3%.
Level 2 - Increase Movement Speed by 10, Armor by 1 and Magic reduction by 6%.
Level 3 - Increase Movement Speed by 15, Armor by 2 and Magic reduction by 9%.
Level 4 - Increase Movement Speed by 20, Armor by 3 and Magic reduction by 12%.
Level 5 - Increase Movement Speed by 25, Armor by 4 and Magic reduction by 15%.

This is not a bad skill, perhaps the armor could be 1 pr level. And the speed bonus 10 pr level.

Saiyuki Wrote:Lightning Rain [ulti]
Note: Starfall as long as channeled or till mana runs out.
Consume Mana from the casting hero, dealing damage to nearby enemy units while channeling or till mana runs out.
Level 1 - Consuming 2 Mana per second, dealing 85 damage per hit.
Level 2 - Consuming 3 Mana per second, dealing 120 damage per hit.
Level 3 - Consuming 4 Mana per second, dealing 155 damage per hit.
Level 4 - Consuming 5 Mana per second, dealing 190 damage per hit.
Level 5 - Consuming 6 Mana per second, dealing 225 damage per hit.

Area of Effect: 1200
Mana Costs: "40 + Level * 5" Mana
Cooldown: "35 + Level * 5" seconds

I don't know about this. Infernal has a similar ulti, but it only last for 2 sec and deliver heavy damage.

_____

I didn't mean to insult your ideas. I only got suprised with your first skill suggestion and your low cooldown suggestions to the skills. Maybe it could be like this? I would have changed the second and ulti, the 2 others look ok for me. If I were you I would perhaps suggested this.

Toxic Ensnare - 40 s cooldown, 10 mp cost pr level.

Makes the caster and the target immobile

Level 1 - Dealing 100 Damage each second for 1 seconds.
Level 2 - Dealing 100 Damage each second for 2 seconds.
Level 3 - Dealing 100 Damage each second for 3 seconds.
Level 4 - Dealing 100 Damage each second for 4 seconds.
Level 5 - Dealing 100 Damage each second for 5 seconds.

Wolf Leap - 25 s cooldown, 7 mp cost pr level.

This wolf look so agile, so why not a jump skill. It's still keeps the hunting purpose with this. It performs a quick jump. But the AG does have the same, so I don't know if this could fit.

Level 1 - Jumps 400 range
Level 2 - Jumps 600 range
Level 3 - Jumps 800 range
Level 4 - Jumps 1000 range
Level 5 - Jumps 1200 range

Improved Hydraulics [passive]

Level 1 - Increase Movement Speed by 10, Armor by 1 and Magic reduction by 3%.
Level 2 - Increase Movement Speed by 20, Armor by 2 and Magic reduction by 6%.
Level 3 - Increase Movement Speed by 30, Armor by 3 and Magic reduction by 9%.
Level 4 - Increase Movement Speed by 40, Armor by 4 and Magic reduction by 12%.
Level 5 - Increase Movement Speed by 50, Armor by 5 and Magic reduction by 15%.

Grenade Cluster [ulti] - 40 s cooldown, 40 mp cost + 10 pr level.

Bombards a area with grenade rain. 900 range. Splash dmg. (So the cannon on his back perhaps could be used here so it's not just for show). Couldn't think of other ulti's so this is a bad suggestion perhaps.

Level 1 - 700 dmg
Level 2 - 875 dmg
Level 3 - 1050 dmg
Level 4 - 1225 dmg
Level 5 - 1400 dmg
TKF Wrote:Grenade Cluster [ulti] - 40 s cooldown, 40 mp cost + 10 pr level.

Bombards a area with grenade rain. 900 range. Splash dmg. (So the cannon on his back perhaps could be used here so it's not just for show). Couldn't think of other ulti's so this is a bad suggestion perhaps.
Perhaps make this skill act like this:
In a range of 2000 it fires a single grenade that deal area(area size same as FrostRobot's Blizzard has) damage(amount as you've pointed) and stuns every unit for 2 seconds.
Of course, there is nothing new in this skill, but it fits perfectly with this tank concept.
perhaps an ability, that transforms the unit, into a spell caster--> mana increases-->can cast all his spells-->can make good combos without buying battery --- but --- this spell shpuld also drain hp
BILLY TALENT SUCKS LIVE; SO DON`T THINK I LIKE THEM ANYMORETongue
Man sollte die Metaller meiden, es sei denn man ist jung, hübsch, weiblich und willig... ...Oder man hat (Frei)Bier
Saiyuki did spot a very nice and cool mech like model that I've overlooked, but it's file size is a bit big. Quite nasty model.

I thought first when I opened this model that the modeller had just CnP the tank skin on a dire wolf model, but he have also a tank barrel on wolf's back, so he did put some work into the model obviously, but I know little about model editing except very basics of scaling, changing texture and stretching.

[attachment=0]

Edit_

Regarding the wolf model, I've learned how to add a flame effect to it so it seems like the cannon does fire a real bullet. I added the flame effect at Attack Slam animation. I still don't understand how I adjust the angle or the effect. So far the fire effect goes straight up instead of going forward with the angle with the cannon, and it's a rotation issue, not simple input of angle. I can add the smoke effect later too.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hmm you want a tank? LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!! It's only 96kb! And it look almost like a tank.

[attachment=1]

It has a special animation list, so it's morph ability it's obviously a deploying ability. Also it has a fancy work animation, so it's meant to build stuff. I suggest a idea of skills. This model can have other skills than the skills I suggests.

[attachment=0]

Goblin Rig (8000)

A defensive construction tank that is very good at support, utility and defence. Available at the tank construction hall.

HP: 8000
Price: 8000
Armor: 8
Speed: 300

Deploy (Q)

The rig dig into the ground and function as a defensive perimeter with great lightning firepower. Each level will decrease the time require to recharge the weapon. It's given a physical lightning attack that does a splash magic damage that does extra damage vs tanks. While it's deployed it cannot move. Attack Range: 1050.

Level 1: 800 damage, 10 attack cooldown. (80 dps rate)
Level 1: 800 damage, 5 attack cooldown. (160 dps rate)
Level 1: 800 damage, 3.33 attack cooldown. (240 dps rate)
Level 1: 800 damage, 2.5 attack cooldown. (320 dps rate)
Level 1: 800 damage, 2 attack cooldown. (400 dps rate)

Repair Arms (W) (Autocast)

Fixes friendly tank or structures, 1 mp cost pr level. 200 fixing range.

Level 1: 50 health restored pr second
Level 1: 100 health restored pr second
Level 1: 150 health restored pr second
Level 1: 200 health restored pr second
Level 1: 250 health restored pr second

Goblin Turbo (E)

15 speed and 3% damage reduction pr level

alternative:

Electromagnetic Shockwave (E)

Sends a electromagnetic shockwave that damage nearby units within 800 range and slows them 50% for 2 seconds. 10 mp cost pr level.

Level 1: 250 damage
Level 1: 500 damage
Level 1: 750 damage
Level 1: 1000 damage
Level 1: 1250 damage

Build Tactical Outpost (R)

A tactical outpost that allows you and your teammates to teleport to this location and from it. It provide a very minor heal of 1% and 20hp pr second, + 0.4 mana restored pr second. Can be built faster with repair skill. Tactical Outpost has the ability to call for orbital strike every 50 seconds on units within 1500 range from the tactical outpost. Also have a defense system that fire rockets on nearby enemies within 1000 range. 160 sec cooldown. Cost 15 food.

Level 1: 8000 hp, 80 sec build time, 200 dps rocket defense, 56 mp cost
Level 2: 10000 hp, 100 sec build time, 250 dps rocket defense, 70 mp cost
Level 3: 12000 hp, 120 sec build time, 300 dps rocket defense, 84 mp cost
Level 4: 14000 hp, 140 sec build time, 350 dps rocket defense, 98 mp cost
Level 5: 16000 hp, 160 sec build time, 400 dps rocket defense, 112 mp cost

Any other ideas or suggestions?

Attached Files Image(s)

.rar   Rig.rar (Size: 27.77 KB / Downloads: 67)
don´t like it, i got not the comic look from battle tanks
Man sollte die Metaller meiden, es sei denn man ist jung, hübsch, weiblich und willig... ...Oder man hat (Frei)Bier
I agree it doesn't look like a "comic tank" like antigrav, light and heavy tank. To much grey color and to few little colors. It's very easy to change the skin. The tank to the right look more "comic tank" like and uses the same texture as light tank.

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

well the right model looks really pretty good, but i would remove the thunder animation, cause we got already a thunder tank^^
That sparks is the fixing sparks of stand work animation, the lightning between the 2 rods behind are part of the model. This Rig is basically a utility vessel, perhaps not a war tank as it lacks attack animation in normal form, but has attack animation in alternative form, but then it's digged itself into the ground.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Tanks BENNIE.FM 5 6,569 2015-06-07, 15:11:56
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Creating some new tanks BENNIE.FM 4 5,715 2015-04-14, 11:37:20
Last Post: 91846
  Battle Tanks Open Source - v8.63 Exodus 0 4,053 2014-04-21, 12:25:17
Last Post: Exodus
  ideas for faster games ckibibi 5 4,542 2014-02-04, 20:48:43
Last Post: eSVau
  Incentive ideas to buy better tanks in game ckibibi 13 10,072 2014-01-30, 21:46:30
Last Post: griffin1987