Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tinker exploder
The plan was, that the Defuser works on Explosives the same way it does on mines. This means, that the Defuser would make the Explosives actually blow up and give you the credit for it. With this, the player with the Explosives will take full damage from the Explosives (instead of only half of it) and if he dies, you get the kill. So it's worth it.

And yes, without any damage dealt, you'll get no assist, but this should be obvious. As I said before, if the Exploder is actually caught by a Teleport Breaker, you'll get an assist, if he dies shortly after. The money he didn't get by killing you (and potentially other allies and creeps) and the assist gold should make the Breaker worthwhile, even when you only escaped one kill by the Exploder. This is also true, because the Exploder won't try to get you in that area anymore (if he has a basic understanding of how the game works), which gives you more security.
So even if the Breaker is somehow costly in the beginning, dieing to the Exploder is also costly for you.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
(2013-01-25, 13:02:20)Exodus Wrote: The plan was, that the Defuser works on Explosives the same way it does on mines. This means, that the Defuser would make the Explosives actually blow up and give you the credit for it. With this, the player with the Explosives will take full damage from the Explosives (instead of only half of it) and if he dies, you get the kill. So it's worth it.

And yes, without any damage dealt, you'll get no assist, but this should be obvious. As I said before, if the Exploder is actually caught by a Teleport Breaker, you'll get an assist, if he dies shortly after. The money he didn't get by killing you (and potentially other allies and creeps) and the assist gold should make the Breaker worthwhile, even when you only escaped one kill by the Exploder. This is also true, because the Exploder won't try to get you in that area anymore (if he has a basic understanding of how the game works), which gives you more security.
So even if the Breaker is somehow costly in the beginning, dieing to the Exploder is also costly for you.

being able to simply blow up the guy with the explosives would take all he fun out of it. There must be a better way.

My build with the shredder is very fun to play with. His ult combine with explosives makes for extremely fun gameplay! This would render my build USELESS

where is the fun in this????

I recommend putting a time limit on the explosives

20 minutes.
by the 20 minute mark you should have a hull or tank that can take a hit from exploder

then with either repair bots or repair kit they could heal!

with the 20 minute delay on explosives this would stop all the tinker noobs from abusing them.(it simply wouldnt be worth it to sell all your stuff and go exploder at 20 min)and by that time you should be able to deal with it if some1 did.

In late game they could use negator pack and totally protect themselves

^^^^ please give this a try before you totally nerf the new explosives, What a tease it would be to give me such a fun way to use shredder and then take it away so fast!

explosives at the start of the game is just to strong and annoying

but the defuse pack would far to easily nerf the explosives
Ah i didn't get the ability you wanted to add to defuse. I thought it was only about seeing the cooldown of explosives and that's all. Good. But explosives have about 50 sec of cooldown and defuse have about 25 (i don't remember precisely, but it's less than explosives). Then how about making the two of those spells with the same cooldown? Then to counter an exploder it will be more about skills than just waiting he starts using it and get an easy kill no? Anyway let's give it a shot !
Or maybe we could make them not purchasable until weapon upgrade 5

because lets face it. exploder/ tinker exploder to start the game off is just plain CHEAP and no fun!

its over powered

but when you make a defuse that instantly kills the exploder that is not a good idea either, that just RUINS the fun new tactics you made possible with the update to explosives

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change tinker cost to 200 gold? Wupti 33 21,937 2012-10-28, 23:37:34
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Tinker costs 0 ? gozo1985 13 9,799 2011-06-15, 16:21:20
Last Post: gozo1985
  Tinker discussion - Your opinion? Kamulec 63 47,888 2011-05-24, 00:11:50
Last Post: Althend
  Against tinker buff of 8.73 Althend 8 6,818 2011-04-23, 22:06:15
Last Post: GEN_Schwarzkopf
  Disable exploder + small-, large and huge explosive Doomhammer112 3 2,496 2009-06-28, 14:52:09
Last Post: Doomhammer112