Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleport Beacon
Saiyuki Wrote:it doesn't change the fact that you need to live with it until the next version which may take again several weeks and/or months to be completed.

did i complain about it?? oO
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
There was a time whre bt did not have bot and beta bot stuff. I understand that we should have used to opportunity we had when it still was on beta. Don't we say "better now than never"?
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Feedback is always good, even when it's a little late. Considering all the changes made in the last version, there is only little left to change to get a stable version again.

The point of complaint right now is just, that people come to the forum and are talking about "obvious" balance issues, to remove said object etc just after the time it would have been best. It's just not that convincing, that those things are that obvious, when no one complaint about them, even after several weeks and over a thousand games with the beta.
There is also no need to use the forum, it's just because of this, that the !report command has been added.
Also, even if you didn't play the beta, you should've considered, that we depend on the feedback of community and we are not able to improve BT without it. After this long beta phase, we assumed everything was fine for you people. What we didn't like was the way you guys came here to the forum and complaint about the changes. Choose a friendlier tone next time.

OK, now the Beacon itself. I considered several changes, but I don't want to do them all at once. The fact, that the Beacon absorbs damage is true, but since it has pretty few HP, I'll leave it at that.
One of the biggest problems seem to be the coordinated attack on a CP with all your team. To make this less dangerous for the enemy team, I'll introduce a cooldown for the Beacon, so that players can only port every 3-5 seconds to the Beacon.
I'll also think about a higher price or lower duration, but I don't want to overdo it right now. We'll see how it works out with the cooldown.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
The cheap price make it also a reallye asy way to get cp fast. I guess it reduce the duration to 7 second and it is really easy to reach at begining since nobody has telep. somehow it promotes campingConfused (and also for the reduce pric of different towers; it becomes nearly a "must be")

What about making a construction time for the tower? Any tower would take 4-5 sec to be build?
Exodus Wrote:The fact, that the Beacon absorbs damage is true, but since it has pretty few HP, I'll leave it at that.
Pretty few HP? I don't know for sure, but I think it's more than 1k. That said, in early game it is very strong. You can essentially temporally double your hitpoints for 250gold.
One teleport beacon for each at a time would not too strong in my opinion, most cp attacks with the beacon work because the defenders don't react fast enough or don't teleport together (and then die one by one). Also possible to "nerf" would be a warning like a message (like "Player abc123 has built a Teleport Beacon") and/or blink in Force color where.
RaptorXI Wrote:One teleport beacon for each at a time would not too strong in my opinion, most cp attacks with the beacon work because the defenders don't react fast enough or don't teleport together (and then die one by one). Also possible to "nerf" would be a warning like a message (like "Player abc123 has built a Teleport Beacon") and/or blink in Force color where.

at least one ppl have brain that said it is not overpowering , i think the mapper is doing the prefect job of making it , even through i build it ,but no one in my team use it because cp with teleport beacon alway get destroy due to allies dont want to defend it
pubs have no team work , it feel like i build it , it is to save that 75 per teleport fee
even there is warning that cp is being captured , pub will not go and defend it , that why my team lose a lot of cp because they all only know how to feed and attack
091846 Wrote:
RaptorXI Wrote:One teleport beacon for each at a time would not too strong in my opinion, most cp attacks with the beacon work because the defenders don't react fast enough or don't teleport together (and then die one by one). Also possible to "nerf" would be a warning like a message (like "Player abc123 has built a Teleport Beacon") and/or blink in Force color where.

at least one ppl have brain that said it is not overpowering , i think the mapper is doing the prefect job of making it , even through i build it ,but no one in my team use it because cp with teleport beacon alway get destroy due to allies dont want to defend it
pubs have no team work , it feel like i build it , it is to save that 75 per teleport fee
even there is warning that cp is being captured , pub will not go and defend it , that why my team lose a lot of cp because they all only know how to feed and attack

So people who think it is overpowered don't have brain? Go play in the mixer!

Pur or priv, it doesn't change anything. A well organised team can take cp in 3sec. Guess what? The time to telep to your cp is 3sec.
An idea would be to slow down capturing time (like the barrier but decreasive).
Or giving a delai between each teleportation; for example 4 secondes.
Althend Wrote:Or giving a delai between each teleportation; for example 4 secondes.
As a matter of fact, I already implemented this 2 days ago ;) Together with an increased gold price, we'll see how it works out then.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Yes, no longer a cheaper tactic than reinforcements :mrgreen:

Problem solved.
Althend Wrote:
091846 Wrote:

So people who think it is overpowered don't have brain? Go play in the mixer!

Pur or priv, it doesn't change anything. A well organised team can take cp in 3sec. Guess what? The time to telep to your cp is 3sec.

A well organised team can take cp in 3sec. yea but their team are all focus on the cp , other lanes are open , well organised team vs a unorganised team with a lot of seffish team , the selffish team really deserved to lose anyway
Exodus Wrote:
Althend Wrote:Or giving a delai between each teleportation; for example 4 secondes.
As a matter of fact, I already implemented this 2 days agoWink Together with an increased gold price, we'll see how it works out then.
good new , at least ppl dont complain so much , can you set it that if you use teleport on your cp , all can teleport wthout delay with 0gold spent , give a advantages to the defending team
i really like it because it forces the team to work together - otherwise you can't winSmile
force team work?..
It give a team the advantage just to camp on cps, 1 player of them get TP/antigrave with jump/an airship or what ever to buy a beacon on an enemy cp(when its possible), so all of them can tp to the cp. Then its like not possible to defend that, cause not all of your teamm8s are in the time/range to get back to a cp and help defend/tp (specially when u are pushing = u are controling the game).

ok this building makes the game kinda faster, but it also allow camping/defending, with a to high advantage.
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
Ok, guys Exodus tells us that he has increased price of teleport beacon for the next version and hopefully its a good change.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beacon Max 0 1,948 2014-04-16, 13:50:01
Last Post: Max
  Teleport out of range RikonVan 9 8,050 2013-09-06, 08:21:54
Last Post: RikonVan
  Teleport Beacon Perfektionist 7 6,207 2012-10-30, 14:13:54
Last Post: Dr.xD
  Teleport time RikonVan 4 3,858 2012-06-01, 17:50:00
Last Post: El_Polacco
  Balancing teleport costs RikonVan 13 8,743 2011-11-29, 00:17:42
Last Post: progg