Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need more anti-noob measures
Hi there,

I'm only playing bt about 2-3 days a week with about 3 games everytime, so I don't count myself as one of top of the list. Still, for th past months about 95% of the public games i've been joining ended after about 15-25 minutes with the other team loosing. I know am well better than someone who joins the game for the first time, but still i think something could be done to make the difference a bit less hard on new players.

So here are the things i propose:

1. Remove buyable mines from the game
Noobs often buy these at the start of the game, make some kills, and then leave later on as they are creeping zero to nothing and thus missing out on money heavily
And the later mines are pure useless, as you won't kill anyone with those anymore normally (or at least not often enough to get back the money you put in

Another possibility (if you really really want to keep mines) would be: Decrease the cost and damage of the weak mines, and increase the cost and damage of the strong ones. Also, make them get more bonus damage from creep ups.

Still another possibility would be to make mines remot-detonateable by the owner. It would give him a nice possibility to creep a bit - though i doubt that noobs would use it, even if you wrote a 3 meter tall tolltip. Most of them can't read anyway - and i've often wondered if some of them were to play with a braille monitor...

2. Make it impossible to buy tinker in the first 3 or 5 minutes
Though it's not often I'm playing anything different than pro mode (funny how ppl new to the map always join games with the name "pro" in them... ), it's rather annoying when i see ppl starting with thinker. If they are in the other team i just kill them till they leave (no matter the tank you have at the start, killing a tinker is not that hard) - also they don't have a tank cannon and most of the time go for torpedoes, so they don't really creep that much and miss out money (not talking about their towers, which are almost everytime destroyed before they finish building)
If they are in my team, they just feed and leave as well.

So i would make tinker only buyable either after you've choosen another tank or after the first 3 or 5 minutes.

3. Give basic instructions on loading screen
Ratter than having that text which doesn't interest anyone (pros already know about the stuff and newbies don't get anything out of it) it would be good to have a tutorial like background image composed of small screenshots and tips

4. Only trader should be allowed to buy a laser tower at the trade post
Don't know if thats possible, but it's so useless when noobs build laser towers in the mid. They loose 2k, their team looses creeps and the other team gets some hundred gold for destroying it. And yes, some noobs get killed by it, but you probably can argue that on anything

There are probably more things which could / should be done as anti noob measures, but those 4 are the most annyoing to me right now.

So, as always, how does everybody think about this?

BTW.: Could you please remove that annoying save button when posting? I always click it first - or just move it to the left or place some margin between load+save / preview+submit. Would be great...
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need 2k to 4k anti air 091846 1 2,126 2013-07-07, 18:29:31
Last Post: UnifiedDoom
  ANTI GRAV!!!11! italyrools 24 9,480 2008-09-21, 17:19:08
Last Post: Gammagulp
  Anti-Grav's ult NoobStrike 13 5,176 2008-07-25, 20:34:42
Last Post: italyrools
  The Anti-Tinker Movement Thread Kenny 14 5,868 2007-08-29, 15:49:23
Last Post: TKF