Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A weapon suggestion :) (COMMENT NOW :)
how about a weapon that takes mana instead of hpSmilemana is always so important it will be cool for weapons to take mana like 1 mana sec or something or modes of a weapon i think this suggestion could open btanks up alot will be fun its a serious suggestion
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
ghost tank already have that ability
I guess this isnt balancable.
If it takes only very few mana per second no one will waste a slot for it, because enemies just by 1-2 bonus batteries.
If it takes too much mana, this simple item would just destroy all skills of the tanks, which are the heart of the fights and i don't think this would be fun.
I am against "mana per sec" weapons, in terms of reducing the enemies mana I personally would favourite an rechargeable item like nets, which make you need skill to use it in the right moment to give you an advantage.
Useless, mana doesn't kill tanks.

And creeps also.
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
Lezowski Wrote:Useless, mana doesn't kill tanks.
true
Lezowski Wrote:And creeps also.
not true
I guess it could be a consumable, or a rechargeable item like orbital strike.
say EMP pulse, -50% of current mana with a small aoe (or single target, if cheap)
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
percentage mana dran could not be made cheap, as the 'damage' which would be done by the item would increase the higher the enemy tank is or at least the higher max mana the enemy would have. but you may think of something like a draining ward, which drains mana in an aoe after some ticks. for example, drain 5 mana each 3 seconds in an aoe of 350 of the ward, not stackable.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Lezowski Wrote:Useless, mana doesn't kill tanks.

but a lack of mana can^^ (repair kit, no port etc)
mana is usually the difference in doing a spell and or tele porting away or using a repair to kit to survive i think it would be interesting
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Quote:percentage mana dran could not be made cheap, as the 'damage' which would be done by the item would increase the higher the enemy tank is or at least the higher max mana the enemy would have

I don't understand. Normally spells scale with their level, so a high level tank has more mana, and the ability costs more, this makes the cost of the spell approximately a constant %, so if you want the mana drain to have a constant effect (i.e can cast one less spell) then you need to make it scale with capacity.

Otherwise, such an item would either be too strong early game, or completely useless late game.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
GooglyBoogly Wrote:
Quote:percentage mana dran could not be made cheap, as the 'damage' which would be done by the item would increase the higher the enemy tank is or at least the higher max mana the enemy would have

I don't understand. Normally spells scale with their level, so a high level tank has more mana, and the ability costs more, this makes the cost of the spell approximately a constant %, so if you want the mana drain to have a constant effect (i.e can cast one less spell) then you need to make it scale with capacity.

Otherwise, such an item would either be too strong early game, or completely useless late game.

% damage means it'll be useless early game, but too strong in the late game. It would make it another net - junk early game but much more cost effective late game when there's more money floating around and the abilities are worth blocking off. Constant damage instead of a constant % is better, because it'll force players to upgrade their mana drain to scale with the upgraded abilties upper tier tanks are given.

Having a "cast one less spell" effect wouldn't be a good constant to follow, because the abilities themselves aren't equal... If you deny a helicopter his missle ability he's unable to dish out 180-900 damage. If you deny a titan the ability to push out one of his abilties, he's unable to push out 1,000-5,000 (or much more considering his abilities are AoE). The problem here is that you paid the same amount of gold to ward off a <1000 damage spell from a 1,000 gold tank as you did to ward off a 1000-5000 AoE damage spell from a 25,000 gold tank. The second problem, is that more gold enters the game late game than it does early game. A % weapon wouldn't match the bounty system because it would mean the cost will be too expensive early game, but more manageable late game.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,248 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
  New 900-1000 weapon for 1100 gozo1985 11 9,557 2014-01-05, 16:05:43
Last Post: psycodiver
  Weapon suggestion BENNIE.FM 4 4,965 2013-09-04, 15:21:00
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Add Weapon Upgrade requirements to the top 10 highest tier weapons Vitriol 11 11,235 2013-04-25, 18:47:42
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 8,752 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846