Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increasing the cost of Teleporter
BENNIE.FM Wrote:3k$ =2000 range
have 500 gold for upgrade of +500 range to the already purchased tp
and so on so 3 upgrades would get you to a maxed tp range of what we have now.

so in the end, it´s the same like now, xD

well... Porter is the most imbalanced item, point

it does not make the gameplay faster, it makes it lamer =)

its always the same, oh i have a porter lets wait @ cp for cooldown (camp), cause without it i cant go into a fight ?

if the porter will not be nerfd, plz rename the Game into BattlePorterPoisonTanks
[Image: dtpc3banner88x31.jpg]
SirJoghurt Wrote:if the porter will not be nerfd, plz rename the Game into BattlePorterPoisonTanks
i actually dont know why u are always complaining about poison + porter...
i havent seen u in any private game lately, so u dont rly know that not every1 plays poison + porter... maybe it used to be like that, but in my opinion there is a lot of variation currently.

back to topic:
id also increase the cost to 3500-4000 gold, even though im buying porter very early as well
sam_ach Wrote:
SirJoghurt Wrote:if the porter will not be nerfd, plz rename the Game into BattlePorterPoisonTanks
i actually dont know why u are always complaining about poison + porter...
i havent seen u in any private game lately, so u dont rly know that not every1 plays poison + porter... maybe it used to be like that, but in my opinion there is a lot of variation currently.

maybe the reason is i dont play AT`s, cause in the last AT`s i played with... 6 of 10 ppl had porter/posion, of course not all with the same Tank... but not the Tanks/Weapons are the point, the point still is that the Porter is to strong for its price =)

and its enough when Guest Players on ur TS sever talk about that there are again and again only this tactic is used most times....and most of them borred of it too, but still play it again and agian xD :mrgreen:

and 3,5/4 kG is still too low =)
Here is the way i look at it, Tp>gold hull, hands down tp is better then gold hull and farther in the game you get the more powerful it becomes.
If i have a lightning tank and 5k gold i am going to buy tp over gold hull so something here is flawed if i want to buy a 3k item over a 5k gold item.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
I agree with sam not everyone has tp and poison besides there are consequences for using tp like other team mates anticipating and you dieing being stranded from your cp after tp so you cant back in time to defend a cp and so on in pub games tp is easy skill to use but in pro games alot of thought goes into it.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
BENNIE.FM Wrote:I agree with sam not everyone has tp and poison besides there are consequences for using tp like other team mates anticipating and you dieing being stranded from your cp after tp so you cant back in time to defend a cp and so on in pub games tp is easy skill to use but in pro games alot of thought goes into it.

I think it's important to emphasize this point. The teleporter adds another level of thought-process in battletanks. It makes it more complex and creates it's own dynamic. Nerfing the teleporter implies that we lose parts of this process and less space for outplaying any opponent. In my opinion there is nothing more fun in this game than having the worse inventory but still outplaying the opponent by dodging skills, get a cp by outsmarting him, etc...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
scron2 Wrote:
Munkhater Wrote:I think that the teleporter is perfect the way it is. It has basically the same cooldown as all other items, it is long enough that you can catch retreating enemies, but short enough to not be able to teleport directly from one CP to another.
What the fuck. When someone is quoted saying that something is perfect the way it is, that's a red flag.
A person like this associated playing/dealing with TP a "skill" rather than an inherent game imbalance.

ARE WE MISSING THE POINT OF THIS DISCUSSION? IT ISN'T A BALANCED ITEM!
scron2 Wrote:[...] A person like this associated playing/dealing with TP a "skill"

And is right in doing this. The use of every item depends on skill, or would you say that an orbital control hitting no units at all and an orbital control hitting all enemys are equally well used?
Currently, i simply tend to increase it's cooldown by 10 from 50 to 60 seconds.
Same for the Speed Pack.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Paladon Wrote:Currently, i simply tend to increase it's cooldown by 10 from 50 to 60 seconds.
Same for the Speed Pack.
10 seconds difference dont make any sense. That´s like let them waiting 10 seconds more on their cp. Well we would have 10 second more to kill them till the porter would be rdy but however its senseless during the range and the cost of porter is the same. All at all the price and range is more important.
I'd rather adjust the range than the cost.
But significant changes make the the items itself useless.

how about increasing the mana then? or maybe additionally to the +10s cooldown?
well... one could buy additional mana, but it would still stay the same item...
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Paladon make it clear that he rather nerf than increase the price of the teleporter

Well some less range and longer cooldown sounds good.
increasing the mana needed to tp is like increasing cost. changing cd isnt good idea imo too.
maybe try to make tp breakers better ?
cauz if some1 rly want to use them, there is a need to place them in few points on map and place new all the time.
maybe add item, which cost for example 2k and it can place breaker, with cd = 90sec.
its an example, it can cost more/less and have bigger/lower cd
this item can also be part of ulitmate pack or anything else, cauz in late game every slot is important
  • Reduced the teleport range of the Speed-Pack and Teleporter item from 3500 to 3000
  • Increased the mana costs to use the Speed-Pack and Teleporter item from 25 to 30

Costs are 3000 for Teleporter, 6000 for Speed-Pack.

this is only my personal opinion about this topic, so don't flame me:
I think all those people complaining about teleporters+short range are the same people using massive longrange weapons on air tanks.
so they don't want to balance something, they want an additional advantage.

Quote:if the porter will not be nerfd, plz rename the Game into BattlePorterPoisonTanks

that could be said for every tactic. for example long range: BattleAirLongRangeTanks... or BattleExplosiveTanks or TraderTanks...
ChronicStoned Wrote:this is only my personal opinion about this topic, so don't flame me:
I think all those people complaining about teleporters+short range are the same people using massive longrange weapons on air tanks.
so they don't want to balance something, they want an additional advantage.

here is something true in it

Quote:if the porter will not be nerfd, plz rename the Game into BattlePorterPoisonTanks

that could be said for every tactic. for example long range: BattleAirLongRangeTanks... or BattleExplosiveTanks or TraderTanks...

the difference is, that porter+Longrange or porter+ maybe 3 e-canons for example is not imbalanced,
mass Short range +porter is, but not because of the Weapons, its because of the porter

and why i alway complain porter-poison ? well i see some "pro`s" without porter they are just "normal pup player" (dont know how to call them else, b00n maybe :mrgreen: )

they cant handle fights and their HP without porter...and they most of the time dont know any other weapon then poison in combo with porter, after they started with longrange xD

so mass abuse or call it how u want ^.^
i just flew over the discussion and ill post a last statement here just our of my own opinion..as far as my knowledge of wc3 and bt goes, porter should cost AT LEAST 5000 gold. but since i know that there are too many people here who say its fine or it shouldnt be nerfed that much i´d even be happy with 4k. with 4 or even 5 k it would still be bought by many people in every competive game..this alone shows how imballanced it is right now. hope ur discussion here leads to an at least little step towards a more ballanced game (and its far away from being 100% ballanced).well, i still rly enjoy playing itBig Grin
Just a little note: People argue something is imbalanced when nearly everyone plays the item. If this is true: Is the gold hull imbalanced? Are speed upgrades/speed pack imbalanced? Are batteries imbalanced? What else is imbalanced according to that?
Isn't it rather: something might be imbalanced? Are there items which have a specific role making it impossible to fall in this category of imbalance implication?

btw: i rather think bt is very very close to being perfectly balanced.
U think the teleporter is too strong because u might always play a role as prey. The cost is the same to all. The best way avoiding feeding is to get a tele ASAP instead of weapons. Noobs are always reluctant to buy hulls and tele or speedboost. The lasers are always more attractive to them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  weak teleporter Nepharius 16 7,796 2010-07-22, 16:45:23
Last Post: ArGoLi
  increasing the cost of tp as the game goes on BENNIE.FM 13 5,239 2010-04-06, 04:40:08
Last Post: IlPalazzo
  weapon cost VuDu 21 7,921 2010-01-11, 20:25:39
Last Post: sam_ach
  New weapon which cost above 30k? TKF 8 4,379 2009-07-14, 15:34:18
Last Post: TKF
  Reduce Teleporter Range or increase costs. Gammagulp 34 16,273 2009-06-12, 16:38:58
Last Post: Dr.McNinja