Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow
I have to agree with Qweqqweq, it's a great tank that noone knows how to use.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
Quote:Having +80% hp for 5 sec... Sorry but i really think that it is creepy :p
Well in fact it has 68% reduction with transparent armor (or whatever name it has) for 5 sec. It makes 8500 hp to endure ~27000 damage for 5 sec. I think pretty good.

This tank don't have much team spirit. It is good as 1. When I tried to play with Earth Robot and tried to cast Earthquake vs AI, I failed to deal 1 damage 80% of time. Because stun stops it. Look at Hunter's Acid Cloud. It don't need channeling, also slows, same dps, longer duration... And it is not even an Ultimate.. I think Ultimate needs a change.
This tank has goods and bads. It can be dangerous 1vs1 on ground. Rest of the conditions are bad for Earth.
some oldies : http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1166
Trolololo
Well Tom. About the whineSmile
You attack a laser Tower - and use granit defense. You used your 2 skills for atacking just a tower - the the sky tank comes. you have to walk around the mid because you cant fly, just a little wave move. Then you net the Skytank - the the sky tank use his ground attack just under your tank - you cannot walk out of that skill so you got all the damage. then you damage each other and the end does the energy bomb which can deal 1920damage at level3. If you are stronger than the sky tank he just flies away and you are not able to hunt it by yourself.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
I guess i just know what i am doing when i use the earth robot.
Most people cant get the same thing out of their heads when playing battle tanks, speed, range, sky,
if you cannot overcome them then you really dont know how to play.

Here is a good strategy, have a hunter fog a cp, then have a earth robot do his crappy earthquake, and noone will suvive at that cp.
And so what if sky tank is SOOOOOOOO good, get AA guns and make them get ground tanks, some may say well thats a waste of gold to buy an AA gun, well to that i say hunt only sky tanks make there life a hell and if they all get ground guess what you go sky and all of your AA guns turn to bombs.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
Tom-Ace Wrote:I guess i just know what i am doing when i use the earth robot.
Most people cant get the same thing out of their heads when playing battle tanks, speed, range, sky,
if you cannot overcome them then you really dont know how to play.

Yeah yeah you are the best and if people dont agree with you, they just are noob O_o

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
you just said it by yourself - the hunters acid cloud is better than the earth tanks ultimate
Quote:Well in fact it has 68% reduction with transparent armor (or whatever name it has) for 5 sec. It makes 8500 hp to endure ~27000 damage for 5 sec. I think pretty good.
My bad, i was thinking about the passive when i wrote it. Enduring during 5 sec is maybe useful but it is less useful as survival skills than the teleport (tinker/exploder), invincibility(trader). Maybe give it an "aura effect" that gives same resistance to allied nearby.
Althend Wrote:My bad, i was thinking about the passive when i wrote it. Enduring during 5 sec is maybe useful but it is less useful as survival skills than the teleport (tinker/exploder), invincibility(trader). Maybe give it an "aura effect" that gives same resistance to allied nearby.

i just played earth robot in some games, and found out that granite defense is his best skill, because it gives him a special thing he is really good at: CP fights.
Althend Wrote:A -20 % is the same as if you add 20% to your hp, you need 10k hp to get a bonus of 2k... Is it really great?

lol ... you sure about that?
koshen Wrote:
Althend Wrote:A -20 % is the same as if you add 20% to your hp, you need 10k hp to get a bonus of 2k... Is it really great?

lol ... you sure about that?

you can ask that per PM. that seems just like spam.
DerSatan Wrote:you can ask that per PM. that seems just like spam.

Certainly not, it was meant to give him the benefit of the doubt and possibly prompt an explanation if required.
koshen's aluding to the fact that althend's statement is false
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
qweqqweq Wrote:koshen's aluding to the fact that althend's statement is false

hmm, sorry, thats not the reason, simply because the statement is obviously true. if you want facts, lets think about it:

on level 13 (requirement for having transparent armor lvl 5, its even more crappy earlier), earth robot has 8475 HP.
now lets assume he spends most of his time fighting other tanks, so we can calculate with the 20% instead of armor values.

the earth robot now virtually gains 1695 HP for transparent armor lvl 5. this is comparable to an upgraded iron hull, worth 2119 gold.

if you say that he gains basis HP beyond level 13, thats true. on level 25, he got 9375 HP, so he gains incredible 1875 HP (virtually). thats almost a steel hull, and worth 2344 gold.

if you say the armor buff against physical damage is more effective than the magical damage reduction, thats true. if you spend most time sitting in the direct fire of laser towers instead of fighting enemy tanks, this skill is what you want.

and if you say the bonus also applies to other hulls the earth robot buys, thats also true. if you get a gold hull for example, you get an additional 800 HP for free, thats worth 1000. thats not bad, but if you plan on taking real advantage of this by buying hulls, you maybe did better getting a tank which brings useful skills for itself.

so if i compare it to... for example... the jet propulsion skill (+150 speed on level 5) of the helicopter. that skill is worth plain 3000 gold on level 5. additionally, its worth 600 gold on each level, and is not worth less on level 1 or 2 because you got less "base speed" or something like that.
it also is worth 3000 gold without collecting hulls, fighting against creeps instead of tanks or waiting for tank level 25. this skill is plain better, although the earth robot costs 7.5 times as much as helicopter.

there are more skills like jet propulsion which are normally just better than transparent armor. another example would be defensive systems of the scout (!).

woo sorry, i forgot the transparency effect, but this is just annyoing, and skilled players can handle it by pressing the ALT key.
As Dersatan said, reducing 20% of your damage is same as having 20% more hp because you can absorb the same amount as if you had 20% more hp... (and having 20% more hp is better since you can see exactely how much you can support).
It is not hard to understand.
Think about it and don't doubt my capacity of statistician :p

As always ppl are wrong with reduction calculation.Smile
-20% reduction does not mean you have 20% more hp.. It means you have 25% more hp. As 50% reduction does not mean you have 50% more hp but 100% more hp etc..
-And having 25% hp is not better than 20% reduction. Because healing factors are also multiplied by +25% etc.. When you buy a Repair kit or auto reapir, you will get the benefit of less hp rather than mass hp.
-And when you buy a Gold hull you will get an extra 1500 hp because of reduction..
-Difference between Goblin reduction and Earth reduction is 7.5% hp increment on 5% difference.

Edit: To calculate hp multiplier of x% reduction:
Code:
100 / (100-x)
Trolololo
yea horselance, youre right, its just too late, i should go sleeping Tongue

but also 25% is not so much different.
horselance Wrote:As always ppl are wrong with reduction calculation.Smile
-20% reduction does not mean you have 20% more hp.. It means you have 25% more hp. As 50% reduction does not mean you have 50% more hp but 100% more hp etc..
-And having 25% hp is not better than 20% reduction. Because healing factors are also multiplied by +25% etc.. When you buy a Repair kit or auto reapir, you will get the benefit of less hp rather than mass hp.
-And when you buy a Gold hull you will get an extra 1500 hp because of reduction..
-Difference between Goblin reduction and Earth reduction is 7.5% hp increment on 5% difference.

Edit: To calculate hp multiplier of x% reduction:
Code:
100 / (100-x)

Ok ok, i made wrong calculationBig Grin
25% right ^_^ Shame on meSmile
I still do think that the bonus 25% still sucks.
The healing factor does not change that much :o
It is a matter of appreciation but still, the earth has 2 offensive skills and each of them is quit weak.
Do you think the "surviver" purpose is enough to justify the choice of this tank?
I don't say it is strong.Smile But that reduction skill is really good for 1 skill. And Granitic is also good. But other 2 spells are not so good at all. Especially ultimate is not as good as an ultimate, could even be a normal ability (except its AoE range). But still sux. Most tanks are used for ultimates. Which ultimates really sux? This can be a good new topic at all.Smile
For me:
Helli (because of range)
Ghost (totally)
Guard (cooldown)
Earth (channeling)

Maybe this is the reason why we see those tank less in game...
I would write Frost Robot too but i think it will be better in upcoming version.
Trolololo
Well I dont like the granit defense that mush - I skill it every time, but I hate not coming back from the field or enemy CP, because my Speed is reduced by 60% too. :wink:
I know you guys say - woo 60% less damage, but you usally cannot use that skill so good with terrain, troops and a mixure of friendly and enemy tanks around you because you cannot support friends in attacking or retreat from enemies. They wait till the 5 seconds are gone and then use their 1.600 damage ultimate or whateverSmile

It is not my aim to stay at CP all the time and let the towers kill my "money" creeps just because my skill is the most effective there :mrgreen:

And: I dont buy a gold/steel hull after i earned the first 7500 with my start weapon, because my skills let that extra HP seem to be more. :mrgreen:
--> I would have got a lot of problems creeping with a standard weapon only and only the ultimate as a bit usefull damage skill then after maybe 25- 30minutesSmile
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
so you're saying that hit points multiplyer = 100/(100-x) where x = damage reduction? where'd u get that formula from? That's really weird and counter-intuitive, can you please explain how that works for those of us who are retarded?
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buff Goblin Tank UnifiedDoom 19 13,747 2012-07-16, 15:06:23
Last Post: Teo_live
  Tinker buff RaptorXI 11 6,146 2010-06-05, 14:14:16
Last Post: AGGInator
  Buff up the rare defusing tactic? TKF 7 3,612 2008-08-31, 23:09:41
Last Post: k-bones